• 8(current)
[RELEASE] NFL.com (video) add-on
(2018-06-11, 13:04)Karellen Wrote: @minnie1967

Yes it is a shame that many add-ons become abandoned. But you need to remember this is a voluntary project. Member come along, contribute great add-ons to the project, but then real life gets in the way and they lose time, focus, motivation or one of the other hundreds of reasons, and they can no longer continue maintaining it. It would be nice if other members picked up the development and continued on but that does not always happen, unfortunately.

Lets not forget that it is quite possible the developer received a Cease and Desist Notice from the NFL for breach of Copyright. I am not stating that is what happened, just raising it as a possibility as it has happened with many other add-ons in this forum.

I hope you can understand and accept that.
Yup, you are correct. I'm stepping up. The release for the plexus fix a while when it didn't work, I figured it out. Under system, file manage, go to profile directory, addons and delete the plexus folder. This works for almost any addon to get a clean start with out having to dump your build. I had noobs and nerds get it out. I reported an issue with nfl.com and backed up kids pbs being down. I got a bone thrown to me when I said the discovery channels weren't working. I got bitched at because the log file showed "bad" addons or repo's. I'm tired of it. I test! Everything! Problem still remained discovery channels didn't work. Someone, I know who now, posted change the parser setting. NFL.com works on a clean install, but what's screwing it up is anyone of the cleaning wizards out there. I looked at hardware acceleration issues, this and that, tons of what could it be, I had tons of time in it for trial and error into it, as soon as I uninstalled the cleaning wizard, works flawless. Genie, Maverick, Ares what ever cleaning wizard, remove it. The dev of pbs kids know it's broke. He said he'll get it fixed! I try to help as much as possible. Try ignoring what you want to complain about and keep the official addons working. Like classic cinema. Get rid of it in the repo.............
Ah, yes now I remember you now.

I am not telling you anything new here but looks like I have to repeat it.

While we do appreciate the effort you put into testing, we will never take notice when banned add-ons are installed. And you have explained the exact reason why. Those banned add-ons really mess with Kodi, and the developers here don't want to fix the mess of problems caused by other developers that don't know how to correctly write an add-on. It is not our responsibility.

As you discovered, remove the junk and it works. Add it back and it does not work.

We lost another add-on today due to an unfair take-down notice. But we have to do it and remove it... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2742682

Websites go out of their way to make it harder to stream with Kodi and other media players. Most want to lock you into their own apps where they can push advertising to you, and obtain "metrics" on what you watch. If you use Kodi, they can't do any of that.

Yes, it is easy to say... come on fix it. But in reality it is not that easy. As for the Classic Cinema I don't know the status of that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just installed Classic Cinema and it works fine for me.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quick question to anyone using this add on. Does anyone know if I can force the akamai server used for playing videos to Australia? I live in Oz and I can see the videos are playing from a US akamai server and buffer after only 1 or 2 seconds of playback. If i stream from my laptop using chrome, the videos play fine and I can see they are streaming from an Australian akamai server but if I use kodi, regardless of device, regardless of my Public IP (tried on 4g too) it streams using the US server and is unwatchable for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Does anyone know if there’s a new version of the nfl.com app?  the last one I have is 0.0.5, and it always gives me a beautiful soup error when I try to open it in Kodi 18.8, if anyone knows of fix please let me know. used it during last football season of 2019 with Kodi Ver. 17.6 no problem. Thanks
(2014-05-30, 17:39)neghar Wrote: We might not see an update.. it appears that divingmule hasn't logged in since 1-27-14. So unless some randomly AWESOME coder jumps in and saves the day, we might have to look elsewhere for a solution...

Still looking for a solution for nfl.com app that would work with Kodi 18. When I had Cody 16 and 17 this app version .0.0.5 still worked?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NFL.com (video) add-on1