How to share media files on Apple TV 1
I'm new in this but i finally got my ATV1 running Boxee/XBMC and I want to know how to share my media from the Apple TV to iPhone or iPad.

Q: why I don't want to use my computer to share media?

well, the only computer I got is for work and during working hours I would like that wife and kids can listen to music or see videos already stored in the apple TV.

I want to use the ATV as media server (not as client) but have no idea how to do it.

thanks in advance!

Walther
[email protected]
Have you tried searching yet? XBMC itself can be set up as a UPnP server with no additional installation.
Ned Scott Wrote:Have you tried searching yet? XBMC itself can be set up as a UPnP server with no additional installation.

thanks for the quick help, i'm new to this so uPnP means nothing to me until now.

I'm enabling the Network Settings in XBMC now, according your expertise what is the best app for iPhone and iPad to get access to XBMC lib?

thanks again Smile
walther2004 Wrote:thanks for the quick help, i'm new to this so uPnP means nothing to me until now.

I'm enabling the Network Settings in XBMC now, according your expertise what is the best app for iPhone and iPad to get access to XBMC lib?

thanks again Smile

The best app for iPhone and iPad to playback media from the XBMC powered ATV1? What could read/play back those same files and give a stellar XBMC-like experience?

XBMC for iOS!

This is like walking into a car dealership and asking the sales person if they know of some kind of gas powered horseless carriage, and if so where can they get one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to share media files on Apple TV 10