Req: soundscape generator
hi script programmers,

i have an application on my computer that generates very nice soundscapes by playing a background sound (ocean waves, for instance) and randomly adding other sounds like birds, insects and so on. it is called atmosphere deluxe, available here.

in a nutshell, it works as follows:
- there are two directories of wave files - one with background sounds, which are longer and loop nicely, and the other with shorter foreground sounds.
- it loops one or more background sounds and plays foreground sounds randomly.
- for each foreground sound, its frequency (i.e. likeliness to be played) and volume can be adjusted. the volume may be set to vary randomly between two levels.
- these settings plus the names of the background sounds used can be saved as a theme.

- additionaly, the volume of the background sounds can be set to automatically increase and decrease over time.

would this be possible with an xbmc python script? user interface might be secondary, xml for configuration would do, too :-)

looking over the xbmc python doc (but lacking any knowledge in python) i've realized it might not be possible... for instance, what about playing different audio files at once?

kai
i guess you could do multi-thread python and start the bg sound in a thread while you play the other sounds in the main thread... not sure how xbmc/mplayer will like to receive a second play() though...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Req: soundscape generator0