choppy playback
Sad 
this has been happening ever since using XBMC on my new HTPC (win7 64-bit, 4gb ram, phenom II x4 cpu, ati 4250 integrated gpu). i am using a desktop pc as my "server" which is also running win7 64-bit. i stream all my videos from there, connected through a gigabit switch. yet every HD video i play (that's all i watch) gives me moments of choppiness. i would say once every couple of minutes i notice some slow-down, sometimes, like tonight, it was happening every 15-20 seconds. i have tried several suggestions i have found on this site, as well as messed with my video card settings and xbmc settings, yet it's still happening. i can't pinpoint if this is my network or what? can anyone help with this. thanks in advance. debug log linked below. i am using the most stable build (10.1).

http://pastebin.com/VbK2NdSP
bump
A few things I have read in this forum:

1. Upgrade to the latest video drivers.
2. Change the setting in XBMC for video
- DVXA I dont know if that video card has that.
- Windows vs full
- sync playback settings

I would try different combinations in there. Also do some searching because I have seen this posted in this forum before.

Hope that helps,
SoBBie
thanks for the reply. i was searching as well and found that it must be a combination of my video driver and some xbmc settings. thanks again
have you download the latest catalyst for your driver- Graphics Drivers & Software

it's still could be your network- can you playback the same movie from the a usb drive instead of streaming. if it fine with usb, it must be issue with your network
this might work, launch this xbmc- xbmc_hd_audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choppy playback0