• 24(current)
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.3
I've just ran TOP250 update with new version and it used JSON queries, which are awfully slow compared to 1.3.0 version (few seconds for every movie). It took several minutes more to run than previously)
Global movies update also uses JSON queries (at least for result response, which seems to be usually around 1 second slower compared to previous version response). That is a big difference if you update few hundreds/thousands movies)

Can you please fix raw queries option to not use any JSON queries at all? I loved performance of 1.3.0 version. Currently it's really slow.

EDIT: Just found out that 1 second difference for movies is because of an additional imdb url query (MPAA rating). So only Top250 issue remains.
(2013-12-19, 22:19)ezechiel1917 Wrote: I've just ran TOP250 update with new version and it used JSON queries, which are awfully slow compared to 1.3.0 version (few seconds for every movie). It took several minutes more to run than previously)
Global movies update also uses JSON queries (at least for result response, which seems to be usually around 1 second slower compared to previous version response). That is a big difference if you update few hundreds/thousands movies)

Can you please fix raw queries option to not use any JSON queries at all? I loved performance of 1.3.0 version. Currently it's really slow.

EDIT: Just found out that 1 second difference for movies is because of an additional imdb url query (MPAA rating). So only Top250 issue remains.

I know. The real problem with the JSON is that XBMC stores the data in the database slowly. I changed the script from the raw queries to JSON for respect the XBMC policy, but I kept the raw queries for the movies/tvshows update as option (modding options). For the TOP250 I tought that the update for the 250 movies is very rare, so wait some minutes isn't a problem (I hope).
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
I understand reasons behind the need to update to JSON queries. But unfortunately currently JSON is really uneffective way if you want to update many items. It's good design choice, that you preserved raw queries as an alternative.

Howerver increased runtime of Top250 update with JSON is only one part of the problem. If you use VideoLibrary.Set*Details it also refresh currently displayed list in XBMC GUI for every movie which changed position in your Top250 list. This happens every few seconds and is quite annoying/distracting if you browse with XBMC until it lasts (That can be even 20 minutes for large collections).
(2013-12-20, 12:50)ezechiel1917 Wrote: I understand reasons behind the need to update to JSON queries. But unfortunately currently JSON is really uneffective way if you want to update many items. It's good design choice, that you preserved raw queries as an alternative.

Howerver increased runtime of Top250 update with JSON is only one part of the problem. If you use VideoLibrary.Set*Details it also refresh currently displayed list in XBMC GUI for every movie which changed position in your Top250 list. This happens every few seconds and is quite annoying/distracting if you browse with XBMC until it lasts (That can be even 20 minutes for large collections).

Ok. I'll include Top250 when the script uses the raw queries exactly as the movies/tvshows.

(2013-12-20, 14:03)m4x1m Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 12:50)ezechiel1917 Wrote: I understand reasons behind the need to update to JSON queries. But unfortunately currently JSON is really uneffective way if you want to update many items. It's good design choice, that you preserved raw queries as an alternative.

Ok. I'll include Top250 when the script uses the raw queries exactly as the movies/tvshows.

Thanks! Wink
Hi guys i have a couple of things going wrong.

I ran the updater on my TV Shows and it updated them all but instead of UK (BBFC) which i chose for MPAA it changed my icons to German ratings and still the odd MPAA one as well.

The other thing is when updating Movies the xbmc.log says "new MPAA is rated 15" ect but when looking through the movies they are all showing as "NR" "Not rated"

Any ideas where im going wrong? Could it be my rating flags being named wrong?

Thanks
I have just found out what it is i think

Looking at my older NFO's the UK ratings are like;

PHP Code:
<mpaa>UK:PG</mpaa>
<
mpaa>UK:15</mpaa>
<
mpaa>UK:18</mpaa

and these display the correct logos. But after the update they are changed too;

PHP Code:
<mpaa>Rated PG</mpaa>
<
mpaa>Rated 15</mpaa>
<
mpaa>Rated 18</mpaa

and shows are different still...

PHP Code:
<mpaa>PG</mpaa>
<
mpaa>15</mpaa

This is why my logos don't show up i think. Is there any way of getting your script to add the correct tags?

The correct 6 are

PHP Code:
UK:U
UK
:PG
UK
:12A
UK
:12
UK
:15
UK
:18 

Thanks
Download from SkyDrive
script.ratingupdate-1.3.3.zip

Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
repository.m4x1m.zip

Code:
v1.3.3:
- Changed the script icon (thanks to hernandito).
- Included Top250 when the script uses the raw queries exactly as the movies/tvshows (request by ezechiel1917).
- Fixed the notification that showed twice message.
- Avoid that the service runs again in the same weekday, if you restart XBMC.
- When the script runs in the Background Mode (user/service), skip the new TV Shows but anyway add them in the ruDatabase for search by title in a second time (thanks to brotbuexe for the last three changes).
- Two new options for adding the prefix to the MPAA ratings (thanks to boppyman).
- Reorganized addon settings.

Thanks for the speedy fix

Adding the prefix UK: to Movies and Shows works like a charm.

For some reason though popular shows like Boardwalk Empire come up with Not Rated. Is that because IMDB has no rating for UK under certificates on their page?
(2013-12-23, 20:14)boppyman Wrote: For some reason though popular shows like Boardwalk Empire come up with Not Rated. Is that because IMDB has no rating for UK under certificates on their page?

Yes, and I can't switch between more country.

OK mate no problem.

Thanks for the speedy fix and a great add-on Smile
Got another little problem. On start-up i get a service.py error and the log mentions Rating Update

PHP Code:
16:54:04 T:2112   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>

Error Contentsinvalid literal for int() with base 10'5.000000'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Media Centre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.ratingupdate\service.py"line 52in <module>

AutoStart()

File "C:\Users\Media Centre\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.ratingupdate\service.py"line 38in AutoStart
                                                DelayedTime 
CurrentTime timedeltaminutes=intDelayTime ) )

ValueErrorinvalid literal for int() with base 10'5.000000'

-->End of Python script error report<-- 
(2013-12-27, 19:02)boppyman Wrote: Got another little problem. On start-up i get a service.py error and the log mentions Rating Update

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this error. Could you move the slider for delay option to save another number, then save again 5?

I don't quite get what you mean?
(2013-12-29, 21:36)boppyman Wrote: I don't quite get what you mean?

That error is related to the delay time option in the addon settings. The right value should be 5 and not 5.000000 - this cause the error. Could you change the value in the addon settings to try if the xbmc save the right value?

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.37