• 31(current)
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.3
m4x1m: just fyi , addon's now working again with latest nightlies (with your dbPath = xbmc.translatePath( "special://database" ) raw queries fix)
Excellent script. Works on android with arm php-cgi extracted from [APP] php 5.4.2 + lighttpd 1.4.29 in FCGI mode, crosscompiled for ARM found on XDA forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1242144.. Thanks.
I'm using mysql and everithing runs fine. When backing up Mysql database does it also backups the imdb id for TVshows? I don't want to select the tvshows again.
Brick 
Hello,

I know you do not work with nightlies, but I have tried with Helix alpha, beta1 and beta2 and the latest nightly, and your script starts updating the Top250, but stops after just a few movies. I get the following in the kodi log:

10:42:39 T:5788 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Starting Rating Update v1.3.7
10:42:39 T:5820 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:42:39 T:5820 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:42:41 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Sending query to the IMDb site, please wait ...
10:42:46 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Imports the current Top250 list
10:42:46 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Started updating for the Top250
10:42:47 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Shawshank Redemption: there's no need any updates
10:42:47 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Godfather: there's no need any updates
10:42:48 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Godfather: Part II: there's no need any updates
10:42:48 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Dark Knight: there's no need any updates
10:42:49 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Pulp Fiction: there's no need any updates
10:42:49 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: there's no need any updates
10:42:50 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Schindler's List: there's no need any updates
10:42:50 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 12 Angry Men: there's no need any updates
10:42:51 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: there's no need any updates
10:42:51 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Fight Club: there's no need any updates
10:42:52 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: there's no need any updates
10:42:52 T:5820 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named mysql.connector
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMainGui.py", line 53, in onClick
self.closeDialog(); Top250(); self.doModal();
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMain.py", line 33, in __init__
getResponse = self.doScan()
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMain.py", line 142, in doScan
self.doUpdate( Movie )
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMain.py", line 104, in doUpdate
RawXBMC.Execute( 'UPDATE movie SET c13="%s" WHERE idMovie="%s"' % ( str( Movie[4] ), Movie[0] ) )
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruCommon.py", line 137, in Execute
return RawXBMC.Query( Query )
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruCommon.py", line 126, in Query
RawXBMCConnect = ConnectToXbmcDb()
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruCommon.py", line 146, in ConnectToXbmcDb
import mysql.connector
ImportError: No module named mysql.connector
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas? script.module.myconnpy, the source for mysql.connector, is installed.

Thanks for looking into this fi you can.

Regards,

Bart
Hi. Thanks for this tool. It's great with movies!
Is it possible in the future to think to update tv show episodes with imdb data? thetvdb id,season number and episode arein the database and if it's not enough it's possible with thetvdb api (and thetvdb episode id) to get the imdbid episode
Been using this for some time now and it is a must have, especially when maintaining a large library..... which brings me to my next point. Smile

Can we possibly get an option to update the ratings only for movies added within a certain time? I run Rating Update for new movies as they are added, but as I am now approaching 2,000 movies it can be pretty bothersome to update 1,900+ movies when I only really need the info for 2 movies. It would be great to be able to scan all movies added in the past 2 weeks or something like that.?
I update the entire library a few times per year, just to keep the ratings semi-current, but I add movies every week. Something like this would save me a LOT of time.
I did see in the options several references to "single mode" is this what I'm looking for and I'm just missing something?
(2014-11-16, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: Hello,

I know you do not work with nightlies, but I have tried with Helix alpha, beta1 and beta2 and the latest nightly, and your script starts updating the Top250, but stops after just a few movies. I get the following in the kodi log:

10:42:39 T:5788 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Starting Rating Update v1.3.7
10:42:39 T:5820 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:42:39 T:5820 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:42:41 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Sending query to the IMDb site, please wait ...
10:42:46 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Imports the current Top250 list
10:42:46 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Started updating for the Top250
10:42:47 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Shawshank Redemption: there's no need any updates
10:42:47 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Godfather: there's no need any updates
10:42:48 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Godfather: Part II: there's no need any updates
10:42:48 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Dark Knight: there's no need any updates
10:42:49 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Pulp Fiction: there's no need any updates
10:42:49 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: there's no need any updates
10:42:50 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Schindler's List: there's no need any updates
10:42:50 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 12 Angry Men: there's no need any updates
10:42:51 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: there's no need any updates
10:42:51 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - Fight Club: there's no need any updates
10:42:52 T:5820 NOTICE: [Rating Update] - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: there's no need any updates
10:42:52 T:5820 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named mysql.connector
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMainGui.py", line 53, in onClick
self.closeDialog(); Top250(); self.doModal();
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMain.py", line 33, in __init__
getResponse = self.doScan()
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMain.py", line 142, in doScan
self.doUpdate( Movie )
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruMain.py", line 104, in doUpdate
RawXBMC.Execute( 'UPDATE movie SET c13="%s" WHERE idMovie="%s"' % ( str( Movie[4] ), Movie[0] ) )
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruCommon.py", line 137, in Execute
return RawXBMC.Query( Query )
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruCommon.py", line 126, in Query
RawXBMCConnect = ConnectToXbmcDb()
File "C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.ratingupdate\resources\lib\ruCommon.py", line 146, in ConnectToXbmcDb
import mysql.connector
ImportError: No module named mysql.connector
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas? script.module.myconnpy, the source for mysql.connector, is installed.

Thanks for looking into this fi you can.

Regards,

Bart

m4x1m, any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2014-10-18, 16:14)francovilar Wrote: I'm using mysql and everithing runs fine. When backing up Mysql database does it also backups the imdb id for TVshows? I don't want to select the tvshows again.

Select TV Show only the first time or new TV Show.

(2014-11-20, 21:24)phate89 Wrote: Hi. Thanks for this tool. It's great with movies!
Is it possible in the future to think to update tv show episodes with imdb data? thetvdb id,season number and episode arein the database and if it's not enough it's possible with thetvdb api (and thetvdb episode id) to get the imdbid episode

This is in my todo list, but at the moment is hard to implementing.

(2014-11-16, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: Hello,

The problem is in script.module.myconnpy, at the moment no solution and I'm very busy for try to search a workaround

(2014-11-21, 00:34)dkplayaclub Wrote: Been using this for some time now and it is a must have, especially when maintaining a large library..... which brings me to my next point. Smile

Can we possibly get an option to update the ratings only for movies added within a certain time? I run Rating Update for new movies as they are added, but as I am now approaching 2,000 movies it can be pretty bothersome to update 1,900+ movies when I only really need the info for 2 movies. It would be great to be able to scan all movies added in the past 2 weeks or something like that.?
I update the entire library a few times per year, just to keep the ratings semi-current, but I add movies every week. Something like this would save me a LOT of time.

This is in my todo list.

(2014-11-21, 14:48)dkplayaclub Wrote: I did see in the options several references to "single mode" is this what I'm looking for and I'm just missing something?

In a skin like Transparency, you can update a single movie, when browsing the videos, by clicking extra button. I don't know how many skins have put this feature.

Thanks to all. At this moment I'm very busy with my job, soon I hope to work again on this script.
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
m4x1m,

Thanks for your response, and I understand that life and work come first. In case you find some time to look at this, this is my current problem:

1. I switched from mysql to a local database in my main Gotham 13.2 Kodi installation (Windows 8.1 64-bit). I uninstalled your addon, removed the "addon_data" folder for your addon.
2. I re-installed your addon from your repo, and configured it (PHP location, use RAW queries, do not use mysql, database name MyVideos78).
3. Ran the addon for Top250, and it sends the query to IMDB, imports the Top250 list, and then shows the error: "The query to the database is failed, sorry".

There is no information in the Kodi log other than the notice with the error message.

4. In case it was an addon version issue, I uninstalled the addon and installed version 1.3.6, but the same thing happened.

Any ideas?

Keeping my IMDB Top 250 collection updated is really important to me, and you addon is the only way I have found to do this in an automated fashion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Grazie Mille,

Bart
m4x1m,

One more thing. I tried updating the rating of my movies and it works, so at least I know the addon can read and update my library. Your help with the Top250 will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bart
(2014-12-01, 17:46)bsoriano Wrote: m4x1m,

One more thing. I tried updating the rating of my movies and it works, so at least I know the addon can read and update my library. Your help with the Top250 will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bart

iMDB changed the page again, I have to find a new pattern, takes time Sad

Download from GoogleDrive
script.ratingupdate-1.3.8.zip

Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
repository.m4x1m.zip

Code:
v1.3.8:
- Fixed error when the script try to get the Top250 due to changes in the page by the IMDb staff.
- Updated IMDbPHP Version 2.2.3 to new Version 2.3.6.
- Fixed some minor bugs.

For mysql users, I've tested import mysql.connector on latest RC (on linux) and seems to be works.
This is a rapid update to fix some important issues, no new additions at the moment, I hope to set me free soon.

(2014-12-07, 15:50)m4x1m Wrote: Download from GoogleDrive
script.ratingupdate-1.3.8.zip

Download & Install my unofficial XBMC repository
repository.m4x1m.zip

Code:
v1.3.8:
- Fixed error when the script try to get the Top250 due to changes in the page by the IMDb staff.
- Updated IMDbPHP Version 2.2.3 to new Version 2.3.6.
- Fixed some minor bugs.

For mysql users, I've tested import mysql.connector on latest RC (on linux) and seems to be works.
This is a rapid update to fix some important issues, no new additions at the moment, I hope to set me free soon.

Thank you so much! It is working again for me, using Helix latest nightly under Windows 8.1, with mysql.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Just one minor detail I noticed is that for the movies missing from the Top 250, the script is not showing the name of the missing movie, but the name of the movie that comes after that in the IMDB Top 250 list. So, if I am missing #12, it shows the name of #13.
The Top250 numbers seem to be changed to 1 digit off so #1 is #2 and #2 is #3 and so on.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.37