This new version doesn't use anymore an external imdb api site (this week-end I'll delete the files on a server), but use a great imdbphp api class by IzzySoft Projects
then to work you must install php-cgi on your system (see README)
Read the changelog for the updates.
I've tested the script as best I could, but there may be some bugs in that case post the debug log.
New version (Major release):
Linux Ubuntu Users:
- Install php5-cgi "sudo apt-get install php5-cgi"
- For other distribution check the name of package (could be different) and install it
- Check the correct path (/usr/bin/ by default) in the settings add-on
- Download php-cgi from http://windows.php.net/download/ choose the last "VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe" zip package
- Unzip in C:\php5\ or wherever you like
- Update the correct path in the settings add-on (use backslahes for example c:/php5/)
- Changed the method of scraping. IMDbPHP now is run in a local system to prevent the ban of the server IP address by the IMDb staff.
See README file to how to install php-cgi binary.
- Added the ability to scrape ratings of TV Shows (no single episodes, to many differences with thetvdb.com).
The first launch could ask you to choose the correct TV Show from a list then the IMDb ID will be written in the database.
- Changed order of questions: 1. Top250 - 2. Movies - 3. TV Shows
- Fix possible freeze when scraping a single movie. Show result using notifications instead of dialog.ok (I hope)
- Added setting to disable single procedure, confirmation and to hide the progress dialog.
- Added setting to delete IMDb id from TV Shows so you can rescrape and choose another title if the first one chosen was wrong.