[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.3
Code:
v 1.0.2:
- Fix print log value for old position for Top250
- Fix crash that occurs when api site returns a Parse Error

Download:
script.ratingupdate-1.0.2.zip

@gabbott
Please test now, it skip the imdb id that cause error and you should be able to complete the procedure.

@All
Please be patient this is my first script Blush
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
m4x1m Wrote:
Code:
v 1.0.2:
- Fix print log value for old position for Top250
- Fix crash that occurs when api site returns a Parse Error

Download:
script.ratingupdate-1.0.2.zip

@gabbott
Please test now, it skip the imdb id that cause error and you should be able to complete the procedure.

@All
Please be patient this is my first script Blush

I'll give it a test as soon as my son finishes watching 'Bob the Builder' Laugh
Does this script work with Dharma, and if so, how do I initiate it?
igitur Wrote:Does this script work with Dharma, and if so, how do I initiate it?

Oh, my bad. 'Programs' was disabled under my skin settings. I found the plugin under it now.
Star 
Tried V1.02 on pre-eden Nove 17th compile with Win7/64 and T!

It deleted 251 (top 250) rated films... and re-rated none. Thought Avatar was one of the top 250.. but I guess it got knocked off? I had trouble connecting while searching for 'Around the world in 80 days'. Multiple tries and it got through the database.. and added some to the 250 list this time. After checking some of the ratings it did do a good job in the end.

Worthwhile plugin, thanks.

Might suggest a user added amount of the time out, perhaps a scrape for MPAA rating (I have many blank) and how about specific directory path... so new adds could be scanned quickly.
igitur Wrote:Does this script work with Dharma, and if so, how do I initiate it?

Fromt the first post:
Quote:Be careful
This is my first script and I tested it with latest nightly builds of XBMC. I don't know if it works with Dharma (different database reference?). Those who want to try it is welcome, but make a backup of the database before running it (pre-eden users valid too).

PatK Wrote:Tried V1.02 on pre-eden Nove 17th compile with Win7/64 and T!

It deleted 251 (top 250) rated films... and re-rated none. Thought Avatar was one of the top 250.. but I guess it got knocked off? I had trouble connecting while searching for 'Around the world in 80 days'. Multiple tries and it got through the database.. and added some to the 250 list this time. After checking some of the ratings it did do a good job in the end.

Unfortunately I can't help you if the websites are slow! I'm searching an api site updated more often. You can check the two site on first post If you want to be sure what is done!

PatK Wrote:Worthwhile plugin, thanks.

LaughBig GrinWink

PatK Wrote:Might suggest a user added amount of the time out, perhaps a scrape for MPAA rating (I have many blank) and how about specific directory path... so new adds could be scanned quickly.

The api site http://www.imdbapi.com/?t=Around the World in 80 Days return only MPAA rating but not the reason, I can try to add it if it is sufficient but usually if IMDB don't put MPAA rating is because there isn't, check on IMDB the movies that you have MPAA rating blank!

Sorry for my english!

Hey,

Just came across this and was wondering, can this be used over the top of my existing scraped data. I use the TMDB scraper and would like the imdb top 250 data added and to update my ratings etc.

Will this upset my current info or compliment it?
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Just came across this and was wondering, can this be used over the top of my existing scraped data. I use the TMDB scraper and would like the imdb top 250 data added and to update my ratings etc.

Will this upset my current info or compliment it?

The search is done through the IMDB id (not by title) if in your database movies doesn't exist the IMDB id the script will not find any movie!Sad

m4x1m Wrote:The search is done through the IMDB id (not by title) if in your database movies doesn't exist the IMDB id the script will not find any movie!Sad

Ahh, so as I've scraped using the default scraper this may not work for me Sad

That's a shame as this sounds like a great addition to xbmc as I'd love to have the Imdb top 250 and updated ratings etc.

Cheers though, I'll subscribe and follow this plugins development with great interest.

Pat~
Star 
PatrickBateman Wrote:Ahh, so as I've scraped using the default scraper this may not work for me Sad

That's a shame as this sounds like a great addition to xbmc as I'd love to have the Imdb top 250 and updated ratings etc.

Cheers though, I'll subscribe and follow this plugins development with great interest.

Pat~

You may have a misunderstanding of what this plugin does.. It takes an existing database (it presumes you have already scraped) and updates the ratings etc... So it works in conjunction to your default scraper using the latest figures from IMdb and checks the top 250 and in my case changed quite a few... (look at the Top 250 page) http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
It keeps the ratings current.... In my case I had some ratings that were years old.... this plugin updated my whole collection in a few minutes without having to do a massive global scrape.

The real gold here... is when you create a smart playlist by ratings!
PatK Wrote:You may have a misunderstanding of what this plugin does.. It takes an existing database (it presumes you have already scraped) and updates the ratings etc... So it works in conjunction to your default scraper using the latest figures from IMdb and checks the top 250 and in my case changed quite a few... (look at the Top 250 page) http://www.imdb.com/chart/top
It keeps the ratings current.... In my case I had some ratings that were years old.... this plugin updated my whole collection in a few minutes without having to do a massive global scrape.

The real gold here... is when you create a smart playlist by ratings!

Hey pat,
That's exactly what I thought it did, and im sure tht that's what I asked Laugh

But from what m4x1m said I thought he said it wouldn't play well as TMDB labels films differently from the imdb scraper. "Super" is an example of this...

One has it labelled as 2011 and the other as 2010 their are slight differences between the 2 scrapers so I thought he meant that the script won't play well if the data is incorrect/different or not their at all.

Cheers for clearing that up though Pat,

As for creating smart playlists, would it not be easier to just bring up the context menu in your library and change it from arrange by title/year and just change it to arrange by rating? Thats what I do Nod

I usually select a genre, arrange by rating and then watch from the lowest rated up to thr highest Laugh

Pat~
I'll explain a little better!

The script load all IMDB ID thar are in your movies database then search in IMDB by ID (no title no year are involved) and upgrade only if necessary the ratings, the number of users who have voted and the TOP250 for example: "Super" in IMDB has this id code tt1512235, if you have scraped from TMDB the IMDB code doesn't exists (but I could also say nonsense, you should check if they actually recorded during the scrape from TMDBHuh) and the script fails because it doesn't load any IMDB ID. This method is used to prevent errors caused by similar titles, the IMDB ID is unique so it's hard to go wrong!

Anyway you can make a backup of the database and try!
The worst that can happen is that the script fails or the script don't find any movies!

@m4x1m

Confirmed and working with Eden-November 20 windows build Big Grin

EDIT:
Small bug Wink
One this is when after you have cancelled you get the question dialog if you want to start again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi m4x1m, nice script! Just updated the top250 and all the values are out by a factor of +1.
The Shawshank Redemption is rated as 2 instead of 1
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope is rated as 18 instead of 17 and so on.

Great idea though.
Cheers.

Log from dev PC, Win7-64..

Code:
14:34:22 T:3620  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 'The Shawshank Redemption': old position in your db was 1.0, new position from api site is 2.0
14:34:23 T:3620  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 'Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back': old position in your db was 11.0, new position from api site is 12.0
14:34:24 T:3620  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 'Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope': old position in your db was 17.0, new position from api site is 18.0
14:34:26 T:3620  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 'Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi': old position in your db was 98.0, new position from api site is 99.0
14:34:27 T:3620  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2': old position in your db was 161.0, new position from api site is 185.0
14:34:28 T:3620  NOTICE: [Rating Update] - 'The Social Network': old position in your db was 226.0, new position from api site is 236.0
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.37