Calling Program Plugin for Custom Menu
I am a newbie to xml editing and have been messing around with the Confluence skin for a few days. I have been playing around with this issue for a while now and havent had any luck. I have already added a few custom menu items that call various video plugins, ie. icefilms and hulu however when I try to do the same thing for the Navi-X program plugin it doesnt work.

For example for the video plugins i used:
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.hulu,return)

For the program plugin i have tried numerous variations such as:
ActivateWindow(ProgramLibrary,plugin://Navi-X,return)

but none have worked. What is the correct structure for running a program plugin? Is activatewindow even correct? Should runaddon or runplugin be used instead? And if so what is the correct formatting? The wiki didnt provide much detail.

Thanks for any help.
Matt
mcop10 Wrote:What is the correct structure for running a program plugin?

I'm no expert but I use the following.

Code:
<onclick>RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)</onclick>
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:I'm no expert but I use the following.

Code:
<onclick>RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)</onclick>

Thanks Ill try that when I get home. So i am assuming it would be <onclick>RunAddon(Navi-X)</onclick>?

Forgot to mention I am using latest stable Dharma build for ATV2.
Sorry should have asked what ver you're using. Had to dig back a bit but I used to use.
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/)</onclick>

Check the proper plugin name of hulu ( I don't have it on my system.)

You're welcome to go and dig around in a old Dharma version of Convergence . Just be warned some things are not complete because I dropped it a while back.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:Sorry should have asked what ver you're using. Had to dig back a bit but I used to use.
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/)</onclick>

Check the proper plugin name of hulu ( I don't have it on my system.)

You're welcome to go and dig around in a old Dharma version of Convergence . Just be warned some things are not complete because I dropped it a while back.

Thanks for the update but calling the Hulu plugin isnt the problem. I got that working fine. The problem is calling a program addon and not a video addon. I actually found a way around it. I added Navi-X as one of the program home buttons and then for the custom menu item I call it with

RunAddon($INFO[Skin.String(HomeProgramButton1)])

Not the most efficient solution but it works.
mcop10 Wrote:Thanks for the update but calling the Hulu plugin isnt the problem. I got that working fine. The problem is calling a program addon and not a video addon. I actually found a way around it. I added Navi-X as one of the program home buttons and then for the custom menu item I call it with

RunAddon($INFO[Skin.String(HomeProgramButton1)])

Not the most efficient solution but it works.

Try This:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://plugin.program.navy-x,return)</onclick>
butchabay Wrote:Try This:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,plugin://plugin.program.navy-x,return)</onclick>

Thanks. Will try when I get home. I think I did try that already though and if I remember correctly all it did was bring up the programs screen with an empty box and it never started the plugin. I will give it another shot though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Calling Program Plugin for Custom Menu0