[Related] Remote desktop XBMC/windows 7 connection
This might be a better question for the off topic discussion, but I have no posting rights there, and it somewhat fits here.

I'm wondering how to easily be able to use a remote desktop (preferably not windows since I only have Windows 7 Home Premium which doesn't support remote desktop) program to connect to my computer that has my drobos connected to it with my laptop when I'm away from my house to access XBMC and my video library, as well as itunes for music. I've read some issues with no sound on some remote desktops. I also don't have any experience using them (that might be clear). I'd also prefer a free option.

I figure there has to be a way to do this easily. I'm not sure how to type that question into google too well, and I've been searching this topic for a few days now and feel the knowledge here is great, and can hopefully help me out. I appreciate it!
Do you mean to watch stuff? Probably not feasible unless you have an amazing upload speed at your house.
smiffy1989 Wrote:Do you mean to watch stuff? Probably not feasible unless you have an amazing upload speed at your house.

So streaming it wouldn't really work whatsoever? That's somethat that seems too obvious.. I didn't even think about it
Look into a product called Orb. I was using it a while back to access my media remotely, although I was more just watching it on my iPhone. It should transcode the files on the fly if necessary to viewable sizes suitable for home INternet connections.

You're probably not going to get HD video and 7.1 surround sound, but it was good enough to catch up on my shows while I was away. I've seen a few others, like Homepipe, etc but none worked as good as Orb (and Orb wasn't trouble free either)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Related] Remote desktop XBMC/windows 7 connection0