Have to press twice to unpause?
If I have paused my show and leave (i.e. washroom) when I come back the screen has dimmed I have to end up pressing pause twice for it to unpause.

Any way to have the play/pause key both bring it out of dimmed state AND unpause it?
just press play.
Change your screen dimming time to a longer period (or disable it).
The first key press 'wakes up' the system (it could be anything), it actually responds to the second.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
When XBMC has gone into screensave (i.e. dimmed the screen) the next keypress only brings it out of the screensave and isn't processed any further. This makes a degree of sense, after all if XBMC has gone into screensave and you press Enter to wake it, you wouldn't want the Enter keypress to then do something unpredictable depending on whatever happened to be highlighted at the time.

Depending on how your remote is configured, you may find that Play will both bring XBMC out of screensave and resume playing. This happens if your remote is sending the Media center "Play" keystroke "ctrl-shift-P". XBMC wakes when it receives the ctrl-shift, and then P then executes the "Play" action. This is an accidental side effect rather than by design.

JR
just press play instead of pause.... done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have to press twice to unpause?0