• 11(current)
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader
This is the first time I'm seeing this - it looks great!

BUT from the screenshots looks way too complicated to setup to just get movies.

I have CP the way I like it, and it works for me, and has really good WAF too. So I'll be sticking with CP. But like others have said, competition is good Smile
cosmicr Wrote:This is the first time I'm seeing this - it looks great!

BUT from the screenshots looks way too complicated to setup to just get movies.

I have CP the way I like it, and it works for me, and has really good WAF too. So I'll be sticking with CP. But like others have said, competition is good Smile

I dont see this as a competitive thing as Couch Potatoe cannot scan existing movies in a library. They really serve two distinct purposes, I load up movies I want when they become available in Couch Potatoe. I use Auto Movies (Auto Upgrade), for replacing lower quality with higher quality.

I am Curious if its possible to load other IMDB lists vs. just that Top 10
Back Populating collection from top genre lists is pretty common and would be a very useful feature.
turok Wrote:Regarding this error, can everyone that's having this issue provide more details on your environment? Things like OS/version, Java version, and SAB version and anything 'special' you can think of would be helpful. Just trying to identify any patterns at this point Smile

I'm on Windows 7 32 bit, running SAB 0.6.8 and downloaded newest Java from website before installing (Version 6 Update 27).
turok Wrote:Regarding this error, can everyone that's having this issue provide more details on your environment? Things like OS/version, Java version, and SAB version and anything 'special' you can think of would be helpful. Just trying to identify any patterns at this point Smile
Win7x86
Latest Java download
SABnzbd 0.6.8
Quote:Regarding this error, can everyone that's having this issue provide more details on your environment? Things like OS/version, Java version, and SAB version and anything 'special' you can think of would be helpful. Just trying to identify any patterns at this point

Win7 64x
IE9
java version "1.6.0_27"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_27-b07)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.2-b06, mixed mode)
SABnzbd+ 0.6.8

BTW I have NZBMatrix added with the correct api key and it says "enabled" in "search providers". However I do so also the following error all the time:

" ERROR 2011-09-05 11:37:07,879 apps.automovies.MovieDownloader [Thread-14] - No enabled providers found! Please add some via the Settings/Downloading tab"

Some permission thingy?
chees
turok Wrote:I hadn't added a check yet for this setting, so it ignored whatever you had set for that. I just added the check though, so it'll be in the next release Smile

Yeah, no other providers are supported yet (except for Newznab, which is in the next release). The labels in the drop-down menu are just place-holders. The import process works like this:
  1. Select your movie folder and default quality for the movies in that folder
  2. Wait for the scan to finish pulling details (it'll only show movies that you don't have in our database yet)
  3. Remove movies from the list that you don't want imported. You can use ctrl+click and shift+click to make selection easier (just like in Windows Explorer).
  4. Change the quality, status, and quality profiles for movies, depending on your needs.
  5. Click the 'Import' button. Movies that remain in the list will be added to our database with the properties (status, quality, etc) that are shown. We'll look for only better qualities (as defined by your profile for the movie) than the one listed for a movie.

Hmm, I've never used iTunes to grab movie covers... what advantages does this have over grabbing it automatically from sites like IMDB, TMDB, etc? If the iTunes API has an accurate way to look up covers for movies (based on IMDB id, etc) then I see no reason why we can't add that as another source. However, Apple tends to do their own thing in a lot of cases, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have their own IDs for movies, which would make accurately identifying movies quite a bit harder.

Sorry about that -- I noted this in my release on page 7, but I forgot to add recognition for other video file extensions before releasing. It's added now though, so the next release should support renaming all video formats.

Interesting idea... are movies shared frequently/reliably through these download providers? Do they have APIs to search for files, and associated meta data (like web link [to IMDB]) that we can use to match movies to downloads? As you can tell, I'm not too familiar with these download providers Smile

To answer your questions:
  1. We'll do this down the road, for sure. To me, it's just a cosmetic thing and we need to focus on functionality and stability before this.
  2. Strange... that field has a minimum value of 1, and a maximum value of 65535. There's no auto-correction that I know of, so I'll take a look at this issue and see if I can reproduce it.
  3. Click the little pencil (edit) icon for this entry in the Providers grid. A dialog box will come up with editable settings for that provider.

Regarding this error, can everyone that's having this issue provide more details on your environment? Things like OS/version, Java version, and SAB version and anything 'special' you can think of would be helpful. Just trying to identify any patterns at this point Smile

I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure I use some java features that were new in version 1.6, so I doubt it would work (you can always give it a shot though!)

Normally I check a blog (rlslog.net), every post has its links from the editors from reliable sources, and the in the comments people always post links...An application that would grab the movie from imdb for example, then search and extract the metadata from the blog (or others as sources if we can choose) post and the links...For example, I search a movie, it gives me the imdb link and info, cover and the available links from the sources I chose or automatically download the latest releases...Do you understand what I mean?

I know that it's asking too much, but I hope someone has thought of this before!
Has this been tested on Windows Home Server
omfg this looks like pure sex!
Where are the instructions to get this running?
Can I get some advice on getting this to run on XBMCLive please.

Tried j1nx's suggestions, but keeping getting alsorts of errors - mainly permissions.

Running Java -
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.9) (6b20-1.9.9-0ubuntu1~10.04.2)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

I also noticed that the init.d startup script was not giving permissions to execute if that will make a difference. Any tips appreciated.

Ta.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Kalim3ru Wrote:Normally I check a blog (rlslog.net), every post has its links from the editors from reliable sources, and the in the comments people always post links...An application that would grab the movie from imdb for example, then search and extract the metadata from the blog (or others as sources if we can choose) post and the links...For example, I search a movie, it gives me the imdb link and info, cover and the available links from the sources I chose or automatically download the latest releases...Do you understand what I mean?

I know that it's asking too much, but I hope someone has thought of this before!

I think the biggest isue with this is that links are constsantly taken down? I used to use filehsharing services but found it way to time consuming.
DPickles Wrote:I think the biggest isue with this is that links are constsantly taken down? I used to use filehsharing services but found it way to time consuming.

Usenet is expensive! It's no way near a filesharing service Sad For example I now use filesonic, and rlslog always has filesonic links (posted by editors and commenters)

I use Jdownloader, and in the latest nightly it has a plugin that extracts links from rss. It works, but a nice frontend with metadata and such would be awesome Big Grin
Kalim3ru Wrote:Usenet is expensive! It's no way near a filesharing service Sad For example I now use filesonic, and rlslog always has filesonic links (posted by editors and commenters)

I use Jdownloader, and in the latest nightly it has a plugin that extracts links from rss. It works, but a nice frontend with metadata and such would be awesome Big Grin

It's also much more reliable Wink

A lot of filesharing links, especially on rlslog are uploaded by users. There's no real way of verifying that it's not a fake etc. Although if there was a more reliable source I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard.
Kalim3ru Wrote:Usenet is expensive! It's no way near a filesharing service Sad For example I now use filesonic, and rlslog always has filesonic links (posted by editors and commenters)

I pay about $20 a month for a very excellent usenet provider. That's comparable to Netflix, and considering I can pull down a 1080p movie in about 30 minutes, bittorrent doesn't even come close.
Glave Wrote:I pay about $20 a month for a very excellent usenet provider. That's comparable to Netflix, and considering I can pull down a 1080p movie in about 30 minutes, bittorrent doesn't even come close.

not to mention that usenet is also more secure than public torrent trackers
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader3