• 4(current)
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader
Very impressive feature set!
Would use this in a heartbeat if its up to the task

Thanks for remembering about we headless cross-platform server owners! Smile
Hey everyone, just a few quick updates:
  • Added subtitle support -- you select whether or not you want subtitle downloading enabled, give a "parameterized" string for the subtitle file name, and choose a language. We download from opensubtitles.org, using the hash of the video file to match it with subtitles (supposed to be very accurate). I tested on a couple videos and it works great so far.
  • Added trailer support -- you select whether or not to enable this feature and give a parameterized file name. We look up the trailer URL via TMDB, assume the URL is YouTube, and download the mp4 video from YouTube. Any suggestions for how to handle trailer quality preferences (e.g. one global setting, based on a quality profile, etc)? I know that not all folks have access to YouTube, but this is the most accurate method I found for downloading trailers. If anyone else has suggestions/methods on how to accurately/reliably download movie trailers (based off the IMDB or TMDB ID), please share!

And as far as next steps:
  • I'm planning on working on the 'movie library import' feature this weekend. I may only support a few different directory structures to start with, but with tools like Ember Media Manager, you should be able to easily prepare your library for use with this feature. I understand how nice it would be to have the ability to update metadata, posters, trailers, etc manually, but treading into the 'full media manager' territory is probably down the road a bit (if at all), because of great tools like EMM.
  • Adding more NZB search providers. So far, I've only tested with NZBMatrix and I'm planning on adding Newznab next, then Newzbin, then I'm not sure.
  • Adding more notifications. So far, I have XBMC and Email notifications working. There are tons of these we can add, and although most are probably really easy, let me know which ones to focus on first.

Also, I noticed a few people wanting to focus their searches on specific release groups (due to their quality history). Since the 'qualities' in this application allow the *user* to specify the regular expression matches, you can actually add these yourself and make a 'BluRay <group>' quality that can be added to any quality profile.
It would be nice to see support for private torrent support for sites like IPT

thanks for all your hard work to the community
turok Wrote:
  • Adding more notifications. So far, I have XBMC and Email notifications working. There are tons of these we can add, and although most are probably really easy, let me know which ones to focus on first.
Twitter?

Looks like it's coming along. Can't wait for a release.
Progress screenshots?
Just wanted to make a feature request.
  • User can set root download location when adding to wanted list (like in Sickbeard)

I find this very useful in SB because it means that when I add a kids TV series it ends up in ...\Television\Kids\ and I can set this as the source for the kids' profile. However, in movies the separation of kids' and adults' movies either has to be done manually after the download or via a smart playlist which only picks up the family genre for the kids profile. I currently use a smart playlist but that means all the unsuitable content is available if they manage to navigate out of the library and into the files. It also means I have to disable recently added.

Automatically separating kids' stuff from adults' stuff would mean they could have their sources and we could have ours, and never the two shall meet. Big Grin
This project looks very promising. Using cp here and are pleased but lacks some more advanced functions. This could fil the gap between.

What will the requirement to run it be?
Awating an public release, keep upp the good work.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Sounds like a great project. If you need any volunteers for testing this on Unraid, I am offering my time.
Hey guys,

Quick update --
The feature to import an existing movie library to watch for 'upgrades' is complete:
http://imgur.com/a/UkUL9

Here's how it works:
You specify a folder for your movie library, as well as an 'initial/current' quality that applies to the movies in that library. The importer then begins to identify all the movies (recursively), by first checking for NFO files. If no NFO file is found for the video file, we do a TMDB search by part of the file name to identify the movie. While we're identifying the movies, we're also querying TMDB for basic movie information to display to the user (in the datagrid). This datagrid will be refreshing every 5 seconds until either 1) the scanning is complete, or 2) the user cancels the scan.

Note that, during the initial scanning, nothing is actually being imported into our database. You still have a chance to modify:
  • The movie associated with each file
  • The current quality (in your library) for each movie
  • The quality profile to apply to each movie
  • The initial status (wanted, downloaded) for each movie
  • Also, removing movies from the list is possible (to effectively ignore them)

Since we only show movies that we *don't* have yet in our database, this allows you to incrementally upgrade your library. Example scenario: Let's say you have 500 movies (DVD rips) that you want to upgrade to BluRay. You probably don't want to hit your search providers for all of these movies right away, so you start an import for this library, and cancel the scan after ~20 movies are scanned. You can then import these ~20 movies, and maybe a couple days later when these have all been 'upgraded', you can repeat the same process (because these 20 movies won't show up in a 'new' scan of your library).

So, once you edit your import list and get everything the way you want it, just hit the 'Import All' button, and everything you see in the grid will be added to your database. When we search for matches for these imported movies, we'll only get qualities that are *better* (as defined by your quality profile) than the 'original' quality you specified for the movie. We also made a note of the original video file for the imported movies, so when we download a better version, we'll automatically delete the original video file (and any identical file names [with different extensions]). Additionally, we'll delete the original video file's parent directory *only if* it's completely empty.

Any questions/concerns as to how this works?

-t
Regarding the automatic upgrading:

Any chance you could add some scheduling logic in there? It would be awesome if it could be limited to upgrading 1 movie every day, or a total of 150GB per month, or any other method so as not to blast through an ISP's monthly limit.
This sounds promising. Does it interface with XBMC Database while using Mysql for multi-room sharing, that's the big pet peeve I have with Couchpotato... and its spotty quality filtering.
I will be looking for the torrent integration. Looks good otherwise.
+1 for torrent support.

and the possibility to move downloaded files from ex. utorrent downloaded folder to movie folder!

just an idea

cheers
cbb
Smile

Thanks for progress updates.
turok Wrote:Hey guys,

Quick update --
The feature to import an existing movie library to watch for 'upgrades' is complete:
http://imgur.com/a/UkUL9

Here's how it works:
You specify a folder for your movie library, as well as an 'initial/current' quality that applies to the movies in that library. The importer then begins to identify all the movies (recursively), by first checking for NFO files. If no NFO file is found for the video file, we do a TMDB search by part of the file name to identify the movie. While we're identifying the movies, we're also querying TMDB for basic movie information to display to the user (in the datagrid). This datagrid will be refreshing every 5 seconds until either 1) the scanning is complete, or 2) the user cancels the scan.

Note that, during the initial scanning, nothing is actually being imported into our database. You still have a chance to modify:
  • The movie associated with each file
  • The current quality (in your library) for each movie
  • The quality profile to apply to each movie
  • The initial status (wanted, downloaded) for each movie
  • Also, removing movies from the list is possible (to effectively ignore them)

Since we only show movies that we *don't* have yet in our database, this allows you to incrementally upgrade your library. Example scenario: Let's say you have 500 movies (DVD rips) that you want to upgrade to BluRay. You probably don't want to hit your search providers for all of these movies right away, so you start an import for this library, and cancel the scan after ~20 movies are scanned. You can then import these ~20 movies, and maybe a couple days later when these have all been 'upgraded', you can repeat the same process (because these 20 movies won't show up in a 'new' scan of your library).

So, once you edit your import list and get everything the way you want it, just hit the 'Import All' button, and everything you see in the grid will be added to your database. When we search for matches for these imported movies, we'll only get qualities that are *better* (as defined by your quality profile) than the 'original' quality you specified for the movie. We also made a note of the original video file for the imported movies, so when we download a better version, we'll automatically delete the original video file (and any identical file names [with different extensions]). Additionally, we'll delete the original video file's parent directory *only if* it's completely empty.

Any questions/concerns as to how this works?

-t

Just a bit of feedback on the scan-import-upgrade feature. Stopping the scan after x amount of movies have been scanned to avoid a mass upgrade feels a little too much like a workaround. Perhaps the user could allow the scan to complete, then "import as paused" which would allow them to select the individual movies they wish to upgrade, with the rest remaining paused? When movies are un-paused AM begins searching providers for better quality versions.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AutoMovies - (Fully) Automatic movie downloader3