Is there a visibility condition to...
Hey guys,

Is there a visibility condition to display something when the folderback list item is in focus?

I'd like to display a different aspect ratio on the image used for the folderback item. So for example 'stretch' on all list items, however the 'DefaultFolderBack.png' image i'd like in 'scale'. (I need to use stretch for posters, however this obviously distorts a square DefaultFolderBack.png image.)

I was going to try having two images in the focusedlayout list section, with different visibility code (if visible code will work there). Or if anyone can suggest a better way of doing it, please fire away!

Ideally, it would be good to be able to have multiple types of the defaultblah.png images. Like DefaultCoverBack.png, DefaultPosterBack.png, DefaultBannerBack.png, etc. maybe one for the trac?

Thanks
Don't worry, i've figured out a way to do what i'm after.

Cheers
Ahhh, so close, yet so far! My original question still stands... Is there a visibility condition to display something when the folderback list item is in focus? I could use <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>, however would rather not.

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:Ahhh, so close, yet so far! My original question still stands... Is there a visibility condition to display something when the folderback list item is in focus? I could use <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>, however would rather not.

Cheers
liquidskin76,

I use this thruout my skin and it works fine
PHP Code:
<visible>SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left)</visible
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
liquidskin76 Wrote:I could use <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>, however would rather not.

Cheers

Why not?

I use IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb) myself.
Hitcher Wrote:Why not?

liquidskin76,

Yep go with Hitchers suggestion as I just downloaded 7th August nightly and my suggestion is now broken (bugger!). But this only shows if a default icon is being used and not if the folderback icon is being used.

You could try checking if the listitem.label is ".." (as I am about to try to see if I can fix the breakage of my skin).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

'IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb)' is it then! Cheers Hitcher and wyrm.
Hitcher Wrote:Why not?

Hitcher,

Yep that works for if its a default icon and if its a default goback icon (ie .. or go up a level), but how would you handle just the goback icon.

In my skin I try not to show any info (plots etc and instead of showing ".." I like to show "Go Back") when I am high lighting the ".." button. No substrings that I try seem to work any more (and besides they are as slow as) and I can't find a infolabel that seems to fit. Do you have any suggestions?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I use this

<visible>stringcompare(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png)</visible>
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:I use this

<visible>stringcompare(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png)</visible>
igotdvds,

No, that is not working as well. Looks like anything that compares strings is not working.

Can one of the devs jump in and say if this is intended or should we report this as a bug? I have to admit that if we could do without the stringcompare it would be good as string compares are meant to be so slow.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:liquidskin76,

I use this thruout my skin and it works fine
PHP Code:
<visible>SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left)</visible
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:igotdvds,

No, that is not working as well. Looks like anything that compares strings is not working.

Can one of the devs jump in and say if this is intended or should we report this as a bug? I have to admit that if we could do without the stringcompare it would be good as string compares are meant to be so slow.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

<visible>SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left)</visible> is what i need. Cheers Wyrm.

It's fine in the Aug 2nd nightly so it stopping working must be one of the skin breakages in the post Aug 2nd builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a visibility condition to...1