[Windows] Repetitions
Hi

I'm running Windows XP with XBMC Dharma 10.1 (and PM3.HD skin) and some items are getting repeated, can't figure out why:

- Movies: On the home screen, the "Movies" link is repeated.
I've tried with the library mode on and off, and several other settings, and that nonsense duality is always there bugging me.
Anyone know how to remove one of them?

- I just now started to work on library mode (until now I was using it in file mode). I'm moving "forward" to the library, but some movies apear repeated on the list two, sometimes three or four times.
I've tried removing all entried of these repeated items from the library and then made an update, but they showed up again with the same number of entries they had before.
Something curious though, is that with the FanArt view (which shows some info about the movie, like SD or 1080p, number of audio channels, duration, etc.), not all entries are exactly the same (but others are). For example, the movie RIO, which I have in 1080p, has two entries, one in 1080p with 5.1 channels, and another with SD and 2.0 channels and one or two minutes difference in duration.
BTW: No matter which entry I choose, the right movie is started (1080p/5.1ch)

Any ideas of what is causing this?
If you change skin is the menu still duplicated? I'm not familiar with the PM3.HD skin myself, are there options to customise the skin? is it a SVN version of the skin that you are usingHuh

Re the duplicates in your library... are the movies split in two parts? also check for the 'movies' souce how many locations do you have? have you somehow duplicated the source?

for example..

if I set C:\movies as one location for 'movies' and scan recursivley and then add c:\movies\HD as another location for movies then everything in HD folder will be duplicated.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Thank you for your reply...

In the confluence skin it doesn't repeat the "Movies" on the home page. Haven't noticed if it happens on other skins, but I'll give it a try when I get home.

As for my folder structure, I use the following:

E:\Video\Movies
E:\Video\TVShows
E:\Video\Video Clips
E:\Video\Documentaries
E:\Video\Concerts

Each of these are added as sources to XBMC.
Inside each one of them, there's one subfolder for each item (Ex.:
E:\Video\Movies\RIO\rio.mkv
E:\Video\Movies\Star Trek XI\startrek.mkv
.).

I noticed that some of the duplicated movies have cd1 and cd2 (multifile) inside its folder, but others, like RIO and Star Trek, for example, have only one video file.
I tried deleting all *.nfo files from all folders, but it still duplicates those same movies.

Weird...
If you go to Movie Information from confluence you'll see that both items have a slightly different path, thus as far as XBMC is concerned they're unique.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

are any of the file extensions .dat ?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

I think I figure out the movie repetitions...
Some of them at least.

Part of those where multi-file, and had the suffix CD I and CD II (roman numeration) which XBMC doesn't recognize.
I changed the I and II to 1 and 2, removed them from the library and then updated it, and those are fine now.
One other had CD1 and CD2 (without the space between CD and the number). I thought this would be recognized but still, inserted the space and that one is fine also.

The remaining two (RIO and Star Trek) are mkv's (don't know if the extension has something to do with it). I removed them from the library, went to file mode, set the content of their respective folders (with the "Run Automated Scans" option enabled) and voilá, they showed up in the library the way they're supposed to...

Now all the movies are fine (even though I still don't know why these two were duplicated in the first place).

As for the "Movies" in the home page, looks like it's only in PM3.HD, so I guess I should repost in the skin related support (I really like this skin, don't wanna change over this Tongue)

Curiousity: The XBMC background in both instances is different, one has the typical room with the LCD and the other has a theather with red seats...

Thank you very much for your help!
Nuno Picado

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Repetitions0