XBMC PVR Roadmap
@dushmaniac

What features should be implemented in the future with Tvheadend?

Videotext ?
Timeshift ?
Quote:- timeshift is on the long term planning, but not before all of the currently present code has been cleaned up and probably not before pvr is merged with mainline xbmc
- stability should be a lot better now since pvr-testing2. if you still find an issue, report it on github or xbmc’s trac please!
- depends on what backend you’re using. but it’s not given much attention yet. the other way around however, pushing configs from the backend to multiple clients, now works a lot better and supports channel groups etc. too now.
- the pvr tree will be merged with mainline xbmc once it’s ready to be merged. the important thing that needs to be done is implementing a binary add-on interface and extracting the pvr add-ons from xbmc’s tree. pvr won’t be merged as a whole either, but rather in small batches, so everything can be reviewed properly before it ends up in mainline xbmc. this all takes a lot of time.

quoted from
http://blog.pulse-eight.com/2011/08/01/xbmc-pvr-update/

Probably the first goal of all is the reintegration to mainline XBMC (stabilize the PVR Code and create a binary add-on interface).
Using XBMC PVR build on Ubuntu Natty Narwhal
  • Case: Silverstone GD06
  • Mainboard: Asus E35M1-M - AMD Fusion
My hopes go out to binary addons being swiftly designed and highly modular. The capabilities go far beyond just PVR stuff.

Fortunately, although I only have programming exposure of xbmc's GUI, networking, and various internals, I'll be studying this migration with the intent of helping out as I learn more!

Garrett

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC PVR Roadmap0