• 10(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
Konrad77 Wrote:Just forgot that I am using dirty regions in my advancedsettings.xml!

can it play 1280x720 60fps video without stuttering?.
Resume shows is not working on 8/8 or 8/15 builds.

I am on an ATV2: Git: 20110815-82f48cd (Aug 15 2011)
Install method is the dpkg method in this top post.
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/2S33dQJK

To reproduce:
1. I pick a show and press the center button to start it.
2. I ship forward a few minutes.
3. I press pause
4. I press menu to exit the show
5. Back at the show list I long press menu for the context menu, no resume
6. Pressing play here also does not give you the popup resume/start over option

In the debug logs you can search for Pause and Stop to see the areas where it logged me pausing and stopping the show.

How can we get the resume working again? Thanks!
iamjustme Wrote:can it play 1280x720 60fps video without stuttering?.
I think XBMC switches to 24 fps while playing movies, the FPS shown in systeminfo is for the GUI.
Doraemonn Wrote:I've just noticed the buildbot has successfully compiled a new nightly dated 19th August. Anyone tried it?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

Just installed it and everything seemed to run fine until I loaded the MUZU.TV plugin. (one of my favourites Big Grin) it loads up ok and shows you a list of the music videos available, but when you select the video you want to play, its reboots the ATV2....

I know its a problem with this build as I've just gone back to the latest_atv2.deb build and the plugin works fine..............

I'm now sticking with latest_atv2.deb build...........works great for me.
So guys, should we have the other thread 'faq/issues/etc' be the 'bleeding list bugs' thread, or should we continue to have 2 different threads, one for 'from apt-get' and a nightly one for bug list/organization?

Maybe we should break it out, so we have a FAQ/installation/etc one thats geared for apt-get/new folks, and then a bug list one as well, that may list bugs from the repo, but also nightlies.
Kind of a 'this is FAQ on how it should work' 'now here's the bug list on broken things'.

If we do go down that route, I want to try to keep the FAQ thread specific to iOS/ATV2 just like the bug list thread.

Also should these threads be locked so we don't get troubleshooting on the threads themselves? I'm against locking threads AND continuing to post in them usually, but since the platform is fairly mature/usable now, I am not against this use of it for organizational purposes.

What does everyone else think of how we should structure it? Chuckles, Konrad77?

Recent new users, I'd love your input too on how you think this process could be improved on since you just started out.
ady199 Wrote:Just installed it and everything seemed to run fine until I loaded the MUZU.TV plugin. (one of my favourites Big Grin) it loads up ok and shows you a list of the music videos available, but when you select the video you want to play, its reboots the ATV2....

I know its a problem with this build as I've just gone back to the latest_atv2.deb build and the plugin works fine..............

I'm now sticking with latest_atv2.deb build...........works great for me.

Don't post issues without a link to a pastebin'd debug log, otherwise it will never be listed in 'needs verifying' of a summary post like what my 1st post is. When I create a new post anyways. Smile
keith Wrote:Don't post issues without a link to a pastebin'd debug log, otherwise it will never be marked as 'needs verifying' even.
How do you tell if your post was marked as needs verifying?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=868...tcount=137
pcm2a Wrote:How do you tell if your post was marked as needs verifying?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=868...tcount=137

Your post is great when I put together a new post with bugs you'll be on it. Smile
keith Wrote:Your post is great when I put together a new post with bugs you'll be on it. Smile
That will do, just let me know any other troubleshooting I can do to help provide additional information.
keith Wrote:So guys, should we have the other thread 'faq/issues/etc' be the 'bleeding list bugs' thread, or should we continue to have 2 different threads, one for 'from apt-get' and a nightly one for bug list/organization?

Maybe we should break it out, so we have a FAQ/installation/etc one thats geared for apt-get/new folks, and then a bug list one as well, that may list bugs from the repo, but also nightlies.
Kind of a 'this is FAQ on how it should work' 'now here's the bug list on broken things'.

If we do go down that route, I want to try to keep the FAQ thread specific to iOS/ATV2 just like the bug list thread.

Also should these threads be locked so we don't get troubleshooting on the threads themselves? I'm against locking threads AND continuing to post in them usually, but since the platform is fairly mature/usable now, I am not against this use of it for organizational purposes.

What does everyone else think of how we should structure it? Chuckles, Konrad77?

Recent new users, I'd love your input too on how you think this process could be improved on since you just started out.

I'm for breaking out into separate threads as you suggest. I'd also lean towards locking them to prevent troubleshooting and support requests being posted in those threads but I can see it would be handy to allow posts so everyone can point out something is now fixed/broken (lighten the load of maintaining post so to speak)
I guess we can lock it down the track if it just gets spammed with 'it doesn't work please fix for me' posts
keith Wrote:So guys, should we have the other thread 'faq/issues/etc' be the 'bleeding list bugs' thread, or should we continue to have 2 different threads, one for 'from apt-get' and a nightly one for bug list/organization?

Iam new to xbmc, I think we should ask the devs instead, how do they want us to report problems. But IMO Threads are great for detect common problems and even clarify whats a user configured problem and whats a bug.
Konrad77 Wrote:Iam new to xbmc, I think we should ask the devs instead, how do they want us to report problems.

and what do you think keith is and why he is doing all this?
Anybody else having trouble downloading subtitles on the new FW? I upgraded to the latest Apple TV FW with seas0npass yesterday, and I cannot download any subtitles. I'm using a windows network, sharing from a Windows 7 machine, but it says

Quote:09:59:59 T:140746752 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://cifs:cifs@MISI%2dPC%2dx64/F/MyMedia/TvShows/Alphas/Alphas%2eS01E01%2ePilot%2e720p%2eWEB%2dDL%2eDD5%2e1%20%2eH264%2dKiNGS/Alphas%2eS01E01%2ePilot%2e720p%2eWEB%2dDL%2eDD5%2e1%20%2eH264%2dKiNGS%2een%2esrt
09:59:59 T:140746752 ERROR: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://cifs:cifs@MISI%2dPC%2dx64/F/MyMedia/TvShows/Alphas/Alphas%2eS01E01%2ePilot%2e720p%2eWEB%2dDL%2eDD5%2e1%20%2eH264%2dKiNGS/Alphas%2eS01E01%2ePilot%2e720p%2eWEB%2dDL%2eDD5%2e1%20%2eH264%2dKiNGS%2een%2esrt'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

I corrected to cifs:cifs for security reasons, but the fact is that tha user name and password I'm using it is the adminsitrator of my pc, so everything should be OK, and it was ok before the upgrade. Am I missing something after I had to reset everything or is there something else? I'm using the latest nightly build btw

At the very least we need a thread that explains how to update and where the location of the nightly files are. That could even be separate from actual bug tracking.

As far as how to keep track of everything, well this is the only platform where we are trying to do that. Although it's possible we should be making such threads in those sub-forums, as it's pretty helpful here. Also, iOS, being a brand new platform, has a lot more issues. From an end user standpoint these threads have been helpful.

I guess we could make date-chuck threads, like "all builds from Aug 21st to Aug 28th" since we don't have a natural "start fresh" point, since a nightly-catch-all would be massive from now till Eden.
Could anyone confirm the following please.

My video library is empty. From the main menu go to videos and files. For me the follwing screen is more or less empty and I can't add any sources. That option is just missing and unlike the music section using the left arrow button on the atv remote does not have an effect.

Using Git:20110818-091397a, Confluence skin

I did a clean install and I'm in the middle of scanning my music files into the library, which might take some more hours. I'll provide a debug log later if necessary, when I'm done with that.

I can confirm on the other hand that smb shares can be accessed again (in the music section). A bug I reported here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=864...stcount=70
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0