• 7(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
rof-x Wrote:Hi.
I've talked to the Matroska team about this potential bug in mkclean, and after a little research they concluded that the problem lies with XBMC not correctly handling VOBSUB subtitles with zlib compressed CodecPrivate.

Thank you for the great report and speaking with the Matroska team. I will add it under 'needs verifying' only because we like at least one other person to report this issue before moved it to 'known issues'.

Can someone else try this out and report back?
Ned Scott Wrote:Billy making iOS builds is the new part. I believe he's still getting the hang of things, but once he's set up we will have one main official nightly build for AT2/iOS, every night.

keith Wrote:Nope, it will take over xbmc.hadm.net, so my site/builds/etc will go away immediately and there will be no more official/unofficial, it'll be just 'from repos' or 'nightlies from the buildbot' and hopefully eventually if we're lucky something will be cool enough for 'stable'. Smile

After that, An idea I've been kicking around is putting together a iOS/ATV2 specific build that will have plugins/skins/etc optimized.

Wow, great to hear, guys. Thanks! Looking forward to both additions. Would love to see an ATV2-specific build with optimized skins Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I don’t know is it a right thread to post this.

It is a pain to use virtual keyboard on iPad. It does not support auto repeat and deleting something with backspace is very hard process. You must press key with interval of around half a second otherwise press will be not recognized. Normal typing is also affected because with normal typing speed more than a half of presses are missed. Maybe for remote that is OK but on virtual onscreen keyboard it is hardly acceptable.

Other feature I am missing is the ability to switch keyboard layouts. I simply can’t type anything in other language. Pared with the fact Copy/Paste is not working means I can’t enter movie name in language I want.
I've been using the latest build with DTS/AC3 on and I had no problems at all, any changes to that area of the code?

The only changes I made with my setup was to add advancedsettings.xml which looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>800</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Could anyone confirm that it works with or without the advancedsettings.xml?
Konrad77 Wrote:I've been using the latest build with DTS/AC3 on and I had no problems at all, any changes to that area of the code?

The only changes I made with my setup was to add advancedsettings.xml which looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>800</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Could anyone confirm that it works with or without the advancedsettings.xml?

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I have these same settings minus the <network> section, and DTS/AC3 is fine
davilla Wrote:buildbot is flexing it's muscles -> http://buildbot.xbmc.org/builders/ios-nightly

Is it building only for IOS or for ATV2 also?

JS
TEAM
On the latest Nightly Aug 15 I think for ATV, when you open Pandora you can not exit without a hard reboot of the ATV

I checked on the regular build and this problem does not exists

Can anyone fix I think it has something to do with the nightly build

Thanks all
dallasnights Wrote:TEAM
On the latest Nightly Aug 15 I think for ATV, when you open Pandora you can not exit without a hard reboot of the ATV

I checked on the regular build and this problem does not exists

Can anyone fix I think it has something to do with the nightly build

Thanks all

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480
Sorry team I will get a log in the right place
curlyjs Wrote:Is it building only for IOS or for ATV2 also?

JS

atv2 runs iOS Oo
keith Wrote:Changelog courtesy of Memphiz:
2. ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11829 (Filenames not being displayed correctly)

is it possible to show filenames in File mode ? last version (25-08) displays episode info but removes cd number info.
consider a movie of 2 700MB files named A.Movie.cd1.avi and A.Movie.cd2.avi. XBMC would show 2 exact same listings: "A Movie"
i would like to see the file name (including dots, extension and cd number).
biGdada Wrote:is it possible to show filenames in File mode ? last version (25-08) displays episode info but removes cd number info.
consider a movie of 2 700MB files named A.Movie.cd1.avi and A.Movie.cd2.avi. XBMC would show 2 exact same listings: "A Movie"
i would like to see the file name (including dots, extension and cd number).

Yes, have a look in the settings somewhere, perhaps under files list - I just did this the other day, can't remember exactly.
I've just noticed the buildbot has successfully compiled a new nightly dated 19th August. Anyone tried it?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/
brave little meme loves you.
Doraemonn Wrote:I've just noticed the buildbot has successfully compiled a new nightly dated 19th August. Anyone tried it?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

Just installed but unfortunately can't have a good look until later tonight. Will post back as soon as possible.
Ok new build working great for me and thumbnail loading speed has improved dramatically, was this intentionally addressed in this build? Will try and watch a movie in full tomorrow to test playback.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0