• 8(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
JWindebank Wrote:Ok new build working great for me and thumbnail loading speed has improved dramatically, was this intentionally addressed in this build? Will try and watch a movie in full tomorrow to test playback.

Thanks for the report, will try it myself tonight.
brave little meme loves you.
How does installation for this work? Is it the same URL used in the first post of this thread, or do I substitute the mirror build URL for the one in the first post?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Code:
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/xbmc-20110818-091397a-master-atv2.deb
dpkg -i xbmc-20110818-091397a-master-atv2.deb
rm xbmc-20110818-091397a-master-atv2.deb
Just replace the deb name whenever there is a new build
Thanks, got it Smile

I have to report that my thumbnail slow-loading issues do not appear any better with this build, in contrast to what the person said a few posts ago on his setup.
It's almost instant here as well in the new build except after you first open i.e. a new folder. XBMC seems to be pre-caching a few items then. Wait for a few moments and all fan-art will load up in an instant.
Nope...slow here. I wonder if the fact I'm using a MySQL database has anything to do with it? Local thumbnails, but still....

** EDIT ** Tried it without the MySQL database, still slow loading thumbnails (same exact speed, or rather lack thereof).
Definitely feels faster, and as a bonus on my end, it didn't crash out of memory when fast scrolling using the Quartz skin.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:Definitely feels faster, and as a bonus on my end, it didn't crash out of memory when fast scrolling using the Quartz skin.

Can you share some details of your setup? Is it just the basic nightly build, or do you have any further customizations? Are you running off a NAS, or a computer, or...?

Just want to try to narrow down why my experience is obviously completely different from a couple of people's now.
Local database and local thumbnails, sharing from SMB (win7).
I tried MySQL and thumbnails on NFS, as well as sharing from NFS, but navigation was slow overall, and NFS would take longer to open shares/files compared to SMB.

Thumbnails are not instant, but they load faster than before. It would take like 1 second per thumbnail (10 thumbnails in this particular view, no fanart,) right now it's loading in about 5 seconds, and by the time I start browsing other movies, they're already loaded.

edit: video
Thanks. I'll try reconfiguring things similarly on my end and see if I can duplicate your experience with it.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:Local database and local thumbnails, sharing from SMB (win7).
I tried MySQL and thumbnails on NFS, as well as sharing from NFS, but navigation was slow overall, and NFS would take longer to open shares/files compared to SMB.

Thumbnails are not instant, but they load faster than before. It would take like 1 second per thumbnail (10 thumbnails in this particular view, no fanart,) right now it's loading in about 5 seconds, and by the time I start browsing other movies, they're already loaded.

edit: video

What skin do you use ?
If you're too lazy to manually get the latest filename from the buildbot (like me), the following script should auto download and install the latest package from the mirrors.

You may need to install curl (apt-get install curl) on your ATV2 before using this.

I use the excellent XWMM web interface to manage my collection, so the commented line restores the link after the package is installed.

Quote:#!/bin/sh

MIRROR=http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/

PACKAGE=`curl $MIRROR | grep atv2\.deb | sed 's/.*\(xbmc[a-z0-9\-]*\.deb\).*/\1/' | head -1`

wget $MIRROR$PACKAGE

if [ -f $PACKAGE ]; then
dpkg -i $PACKAGE
# ln -s /var/root/XWMM /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/webinterface.default/XWMM
killall AppleTV
fi
I use the up arrow to get bash history to install from the same URL again :-)
Rauf27 Wrote:What skin do you use ?

Quartz

Ger Teunis Wrote:I use the up arrow to get bash history to install from the same URL again :-)
The URL will change with every build, his script helps with that.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:Quartz
The URL will change with every build, his script helps with that.

That's very handy indeed. Thanks!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0