• 9(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
Shadow_Mx Wrote:Local database and local thumbnails, sharing from SMB (win7).
I tried MySQL and thumbnails on NFS, as well as sharing from NFS, but navigation was slow overall, and NFS would take longer to open shares/files compared to SMB.

Thumbnails are not instant, but they load faster than before. It would take like 1 second per thumbnail (10 thumbnails in this particular view, no fanart,) right now it's loading in about 5 seconds, and by the time I start browsing other movies, they're already loaded.

edit: video
Hmmm. Thanks for the video to illustrate things. Well, after watching that, all I can say is that my thumbnails load about that "fast" too, but I would definitely call that slow! :0 With the "official" build, thumbnails seemed to be loading much more quickly than that.

What might help prove/disprove that would be to check your xbmc.log and see if there are any lines like "Thumbnail loaded in xxx ms" after a thumbnail loading line. Each of my thumbnails loads in the hundreds, if not thousands, of milliseconds. They didn't do that when I was running the official build.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
OK yea I guess you're right. I went back to the June 23rd build and thumbs load much faster than in that video, I actually don't get to see them load at all.

My load times in 180811 are anywhere between 100-2000ms, in the other build it's not actually going in the log, but it definitely is faster.
Yeah, I would've been surprised if there were actually an improvement in thumbnail load times with this build, as there didn't seem to be any specific github commits that would've addressed anything to do with that.

The slow thumbnail load times in the nightlies are one of the last tiny things preventing XBMC on the ATV2 from gaining the "100% Wife Acceptance Factor Award" Wink hehehe. It's so strange, seeing as how the thumbnails loaded fine in the official build.
And I'd like to take this moment to officially announce the shutdown of this unofficial build. It's been fun but as promised, Billy, our lone buildbot, has been taught the finer virtues of iOS building and has taken over actual nightly operations of the build for this wonderful platform.

So this thread will be unstick, and official will be dropped from the other post. Now just remember to make sure when reporting issues to SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. We need to keep issues together and always post build number!
Latest especially means nothing now. Smile

Happy testing everyone!
Thanks for all the work on this Keith! In honor of your replacement:

http://i.imgur.com/U1GU1.jpg
Thanks Keith, looked out for your builds everyday.
Thanks for all of your work Keith. Smile
Thanks, Captain Dunsel Wink
I go away for a few days on a conference, come back and everything is happening. Thanks for your work Keith and Memphiz.

Can we have a sticky post (maybe even locked) that keeps track of nightly issues/fixes like the first post in this thread (or points to a wiki page that does the same). Could also have a link to the thread discussing the issue (no excuse for multiple threads then Smile )
I cannot install the latest Nightly using latest jailbreaked fw (8F455) with seas0npass.
MrMxyzptlk:

See my post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=867...stcount=46
thank you emkay, worked like a charm Smile
Anyone else noticed that the FPS took a jump to avg:69-70 fps?
Keith, can't we have a sticky thread for current Bleeding Edge bug list?

I have to say that I am impressed how quickly XBMC on ATV2 getting better and better.
Konrad77 Wrote:Anyone else noticed that the FPS took a jump to avg:69-70 fps?
Keith, can't we have a sticky thread for current Bleeding Edge bug list?

I have to say that I am impressed how quickly XBMC on ATV2 getting better and better.

it's still showing an avg of 43 fps on the latest build 20110820-138df89, unless you're talking about after updating atv to its latest fw 4.3 (8F455)?
iamjustme Wrote:it's still showing an avg of 43 fps on the latest build 20110820-138df89, unless you're talking about after updating atv to its latest fw 4.3 (8F455)?

Just forgot that I am using dirty regions in my advancedsettings.xml!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0