• 4(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
Memphiz has given me another build to post up.
Changelog and link are in the 2nd and 1st post, respectively. Let me know if there's anything I need to change in the 1st post or if you see any bugs.
Hi keith.
First of all. Thank you so much for all your work.
I have been using your builds for some months now and most of the time the work nicely Smile
But now i got a problem. I don't believe it have to do anything with your build, but for some reason im suddenly not able when selecting a movie and pressing the "select" button to get the movie information. When holding down the "menu" button im not able to chose "Show Movie info" either. Does any of you guys know how to reset this?
Im using:
ATV2 - 4.2.2
XBMC - 15. aug. Build
If this post dont have anything to do here, then im really sorry and just delete this post. And sorry for my poor english. Smile
Thanks again.
Martin
Smile 
Is it possible always update the first page with the latest version release date?

Thanks
arash53 Wrote:Is it possible always update the first page with the latest version release date?

Thanks

have a look at the second post with the changelog ... the topic has the release date in it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
martinmic Wrote:Hi keith.
First of all. Thank you so much for all your work.
I have been using your builds for some months now and most of the time the work nicely Smile
But now i got a problem. I don't believe it have to do anything with your build, but for some reason im suddenly not able when selecting a movie and pressing the "select" button to get the movie information. When holding down the "menu" button im not able to chose "Show Movie info" either. Does any of you guys know how to reset this?
Im using:
ATV2 - 4.2.2
XBMC - 15. aug. Build
If this post dont have anything to do here, then im really sorry and just delete this post. And sorry for my poor english. Smile
Thanks again.
Martin

works for me ... check your remote battery...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:have a look at the second post with the changelog ... the topic has the release date in it ...

OH Thanks , so I should always check the second post for the release date Smile
keith Wrote:We've had reports of isos working, but haven't got a definitive, I just forgot to put it. I'll re-add it under "needs verifying", thanks!

All isos work? Any issues? I'll still leave it under needs verifying to see what others say, but let us know success/failure.

I've had smooth playback of iso's for at least the last two unofficial builds both over nfs and smb (a few different iso too)
chuckles Wrote:I've had smooth playback of iso's for at least the last two unofficial builds both over nfs and smb (a few different iso too)

I have only 1 iso and check it every build. Maybe there is something wrong with the iso, but it never plays.

and on trolling my logs I just saw why!

12:31:21 T:98205696 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://FREENAS/eff/movies/Black Swan (2010).iso
12:31:21 T:98205696 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: 0
12:31:21 T:172494848 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-arm-osx.so)
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: Loading: /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-arm-osx.so
12:31:21 T:172494848 INFO: msg: libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened eff/movies/Black Swan (2010).iso, fd=10000
rickrude Wrote:I have only 1 iso and check it every build. Maybe there is something wrong with the iso, but it never plays.

and on trolling my logs I just saw why!

12:31:21 T:98205696 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://FREENAS/eff/movies/Black Swan (2010).iso
12:31:21 T:98205696 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: 0
12:31:21 T:172494848 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-arm-osx.so)
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: Loading: /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-arm-osx.so
12:31:21 T:172494848 INFO: msg: libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
12:31:21 T:172494848 DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened eff/movies/Black Swan (2010).iso, fd=10000

That would be because XBMC (for ATV2 and iOS) is built with dvdcss_disabled so no decryption of DVD's. I'm not sure if this intended or is just configured this way due to no DVD drives being available on intended devices.

I'm sure a Dev will clarify this further, but for now, just make sure your ISO's are already decrypted.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
libdvdcss would need massive patches to build for iOS. it expects access to IOKit and that's not present under iOS. I'm not interested in support this patching in xbmc trunk for iOS.
davilla Wrote:libdvdcss would need massive patches to build for iOS. it expects access to IOKit and that's not present under iOS. I'm not interested in support this patching in xbmc trunk for iOS.

There we go, clarified Big Grin

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
(Reading database ... 3965 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-9 (using latest_atv2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
Package beigelist which provides org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

how can I fix this can not install the latest deb on ATV, thanks all
dallasnights Wrote:Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
(Reading database ... 3965 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-9 (using latest_atv2.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
Package beigelist which provides org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

how can I fix this can not install the latest deb on ATV, thanks all

apt-get install beigelist

This is quite odd because you MUST have beigelist (aka org.awkwardtv.whitelist) installed for any 3rd party frapp to work under the atv2.
wierd this fixed it
apt-get install wget

I dunno but all is fine now I think

BTW did a fresh install today and JB with Seasonpass so hmmm wierd

Thanks all
Memphiz Wrote:works for me ... check your remote battery...

Hi Memphiz. I dont belive its the battery. Everything else works fine. And i can see on the ATV that the little white LED turns off when i hold down the button. So it looks like the remote is sending the signal, but nothing is happening. I also found out that in some cases im able to the the menu "show movie info" when holding down the menu button. but when chosing "Show Movie Info" it just starts playing the movie. Sad

Br.
Martin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0