• 19(current)
[WIP] "Breeze"
Been re-thinking the horizontal menu, what would people think of an Xbox/Xperience influenced home screen...

Just a mock up for now.

Looks amazing!
I would say go for it! Smile
Eddage Wrote:Been re-thinking the horizontal menu, what would people think of an Xbox/Xperience influenced home screen...

Just a mock up for now.
Looks great. Is it too much to ask that you use both and let us choose? Big Grin

Would be good if it said somewhere what's to the left and right of TV shows though.

Or perhaps you could mux them and make the XBOX-thingy a latest added addon, window or whatever you call it.
Tobby Wrote:Would be good if it said somewhere what's to the left and right of TV shows though.

You mean like the menu at the bottom does...?

Eddage Wrote:You mean like the menu at the bottom does...?
LOL, I guess I'm blind today. Sorry. Rofl
noiz13 Wrote:where can i find that add-on?

I guess here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123578

Didn't try it yet so don't know if is the right one.
Eddage Wrote:Been re-thinking the horizontal menu, what would people think of an Xbox/Xperience influenced home screen...

Just a mock up for now.
You have my vote für the "metro-style" home ... looks amazing ...

Just a mock up for now.

I personally like the metro-style home screens. Perhaps maybe a few more tiles, and/or larger to make more use of the available real-estate?

If you do more tiles, perhaps allow us to configure them for things like smart playlists, plugins, categories - i.e. years, genres, etc.
I like the idea of the metro style too, but I'm afraid my wife is strictly a horizontal gal Tongue lol
Really loved the look of those original horizontal screen shots, perhaps you could look at including that option down the track. Just great work on the skin design regardless.
yazgar Wrote:I like the idea of the metro style too, but I'm afraid my wife is strictly a horizontal gal Tongue lol
Really loved the look of those original horizontal screen shots, perhaps you could look at including that option down the track. Just great work on the skin design regardless.

But then the metro screen will work as a horizontal menu as well, it's just got the tiles too, don't really see the downside myself!?

Coding is taking a while, have done tv shows, films and music but I'm trying to learn stuff as I go and its pretty tough :p

Can't figure out how to get a sliding animation for the tiles to work, so at the moment they just fade in and out.

Just installed the alpha/beta last night, and just wanted to Chime in and say this skin is amazing, Thanks for all the hard work. Take your time and make it the way you want it. I can't wait Smile
Eddage Wrote:But then the metro screen will work as a horizontal menu as well, it's just got the tiles too, don't really see the downside myself!?
Lol. Didn't even notice the menu along the bottom, yeah that'll work for my better half.....maybe Big Grin
yazgar Wrote:Lol. Didn't even notice the menu along the bottom
I didn't either.
yazgar Wrote:Lol. Didn't even notice the menu along the bottom, yeah that'll work for my better half.....maybe Big Grin

Tobby Wrote:I didn't either.

May have to make it a bit larger then...

Nearly finished with this view, have finally figured out how to have customisable tiles, although at the moment you can only select from your favourites, will look into other stuff though!

any idea wen you will update your svn?
Looking forward to see what you did
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] "Breeze"14