Skin Variables / Conditional Labels
I tried the following:

<texture fallback="$VAR[variablename]" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>

Which doesn't appear to be working. I know this is only the first steps, but I would like to know if this will be possible later down the road? Because I could do some serious code cleaning with it Smile
As far as I know fallback doesn't allow $INFO so $VAR also won't work I guess.

This might work:

Code:
<variable name="Thumb">
  <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb)">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</value>
  <value condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb) + SomeCondition1">Fallback1</value>
  <value condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.Thumb) + SomeCondition2">Fallback2</value>
  [...]
</variable>

<texture background="true">$VAR[Thumb]</texture>
`Black Wrote:This might work:
Good thinking, works great Smile Cheers!
I have some small problems with the value conditions... I now have this for the background fanart in my TVGuide:

Code:
<variable name="TVGuideInfoFanart">
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(200) | stringcompare(Window(home).Property(TVGuide.MondayList),1)">$INFO[Container(200).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(201)">$INFO[Container(201).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(202)">$INFO[Container(202).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(203)">$INFO[Container(203).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(204)">$INFO[Container(204).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(205)">$INFO[Container(205).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(206)">$INFO[Container(206).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
</variable>

So only one control with $VAR[TVGuideInfoFanart] as texture. If I now open my guide menu (playercontrols), fanart is not visible anymore. It was working with the previous solution of 7 different controls with visible conditions.
`Black Wrote:I have some small problems with the value conditions... I now have this for the background fanart in my TVGuide:

Code:
<variable name="TVGuideInfoFanart">
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(200) | stringcompare(Window(home).Property(TVGuide.MondayList),1)">$INFO[Container(200).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(201)">$INFO[Container(201).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(202)">$INFO[Container(202).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(203)">$INFO[Container(203).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(204)">$INFO[Container(204).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(205)">$INFO[Container(205).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
    <value condition="Control.HasFocus(206)">$INFO[Container(206).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</value>
</variable>

So only one control with $VAR[TVGuideInfoFanart] as texture. If I now open my guide menu (playercontrols), fanart is not visible anymore. It was working with the previous solution of 7 different controls with visible conditions.

This is working for me in script-NextAired-TVGuide.xml with same variable used:
Code:
<control type="group">
        <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(home).property(TVGuide.BackgroundFanart))</visible>
        <control type="image">
          <posx>0</posx>
          <posy>0</posy>
          <width>1280</width>
          <height>720</height>
          <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
          <texture background="true">$VAR[TVGuideInfoFanart]</texture>
          <include>backgroundfade</include>
          <fadetime>500</fadetime>
        </control>
</control>
Yes, it is working but if I open the guide menu in my skin (Xperience1080), the image is hidden. This is not the case if I use a visible condition and no variable. I may have something to do with how often the condition gets evaluated but I'm not sure.
Container.TvshowThumb and Container.SeasonThumb don't work in variables

Below is just for making my point
Code:
<variable name="PosterVar">
    <value>$INFO[Container.TvshowThumb]</value>
  </variable>

doesn't return in
Code:
<control type="image">
        <description>Cover image</description>
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>486</width>
        <height>720</height>
        <texture background="true">$VAR[PosterVar]</texture>
        <include>Animation_VisibleChange200</include>
        <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
      </control>

If I insert it directly in the image control it does work.
Just confirmed this - my guess would be it's not getting the container id.
Big_Noid Wrote:Container.TvshowThumb and Container.SeasonThumb don't work in variables
Should be fixed in f20f1924.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
pieh Wrote:Should be fixed in f20f1924.

Yep it's fixed, man you work fast Big Grin
What a great improvement to XBMC skinning, the amount of code I'm getting rid of is ridiculous Big Grin
It seems $INFO[Container.ShowPlot] is not working in variables.
This will probably fix that -

pieh Wrote:Should be fixed in f20f1924.
I'm using newest code and Container.ShowPlot is working here (earlier fix shouldn't affect it). Do You have maybe more info on this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Yeah, it's working, my bad. It not displaying had to do with the order in which I was defining the various plot and description properties.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Variables / Conditional Labels0