• 3(current)
Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player?
bluray Wrote:if want to enjoy hd audio with your htpc and capable avr, here are two ways to enjoy it:

you can get dts-hd and truehd with xbmc w/ these steps: download darma 10.1, but launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio.

if you're using win7 mce, here are step by step to pass-through dts-hd and truehd codecs to your avr via hdmi:
1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- dts-hd and truehd pass-through

Hi Bluray,

I updated my version of XBMC to Dharma 10.1 followed by downloading the version in your link. When I execute XBMC from the new folder it crashes on the first screen as soon as it loads. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dal
Dalwinder Wrote:Hi Bluray,

I updated my version of XBMC to Dharma 10.1 followed by downloading the version in your link. When I execute XBMC from the new folder it crashes on the first screen as soon as it loads. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dal
your htpc probably need this microsoft- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
flyingernst Wrote:Hi, i installed the newest beta and i run the xbmc from the link on side 1. I dont have a wasapi mode any more for this version, which i normaly use to get the same numbers of channels in the output like i have in the input/file. Is there any way to get this xbmc work with the audio channels like the old versions and the newest beta?!

Also i have problems with my 6450. Xbmc plays in streaming mode, but truehd gets decoded to lpcm and dd+ doenst work...the movie begins to run fast when it has dd+ sound

In powerdvd truehd only gets streamed in normal dolby. Dts-hd works with xbmc and powerdvd
you might want to follow these guides carefully (post #41), because both video/audio settings have to be precisely configured for it to playback smoothly and properly.
Try this build "XBMCSetup-Eden 11 with support audio Dolby true HD and DTS HD"
http://depositfiles.com/files/hq6yisp0m
LordMerlin, would you mind offering a little more detail on what this build is? Is the "official" AE incorporated in this build?
ah...I had installed some Codec Packs, my eden settings have already been like the had to. (sry for my english). Since the deinstallation of the Codec-Packs TrueHD works in XBMC and PowerDVD! Now I still have a problem with "Dolby Digital +". In XBMC (the 10.1 HD-Audio-Build) all movies with DD+ run faster then they should and I have no audio. In PowerDVD only the Core gets streamed.
flyingernst Wrote:ah...I had installed some Codec Packs, my eden settings have already been like the had to. (sry for my english). Since the deinstallation of the Codec-Packs TrueHD works in XBMC and PowerDVD! Now I still have a problem with "Dolby Digital +". In XBMC (the 10.1 HD-Audio-Build) all movies with DD+ run faster then they should and I have no audio. In PowerDVD only the Core gets streamed.
it's telling me that something is not properly setup, and it causes video/audio not in sync with each other.

you might want to turn on debug log and paste it here: pastebin
bluray Wrote:your htpc probably need this microsoft- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Many Thanks! Thats the sorted out the freezing! TrueHD now pumping out of my Yamaha RX-V667!

Cheers
Dal
Dalwinder Wrote:Many Thanks! Thats the sorted out the freezing! TrueHD now pumping out of my Yamaha RX-V667!

Cheers
Dal
you're welcome. it's popcorn time and enjoy it!
Hi sorry to jump in on this thread but I am also having problems getting XBMC to pass through HD audio bit stream to my Yamaha RXV667 or any audio for that matter.
I have followed all the above instructions but under the audio settings it just says: "Passthrough output device, Error - no devices found" and when starting an ISO of a Bluray using XBMC the video plays but is very stuttery.

I have an Nvidia GT430 which I have updated to the latest drivers and have tested that bitstreaming passes through DTS HD to my AMP using Power DVD which it does with no issues.

Also interesting is I get no sound from any media file including MP3, xvid and MKV which all work flawlessly under the latest stable build of XBMC

Any pointers would be greatly received
wookiebear Wrote:Hi sorry to jump in on this thread but I am also having problems getting XBMC to pass through HD audio bit stream to my Yamaha RXV667 or any audio for that matter.
I have followed all the above instructions but under the audio settings it just says: "Passthrough output device, Error - no devices found" and when starting an ISO of a Bluray using XBMC the video plays but is very stuttery.

I have an Nvidia GT430 which I have updated to the latest drivers and have tested that bitstreaming passes through DTS HD to my AMP using Power DVD which it does with no issues.

Also interesting is I get no sound from any media file including MP3, xvid and MKV which all work flawlessly under the latest stable build of XBMC

Any pointers would be greatly received
the gt430 should playback 1080p with dts-hd/truehd flawless with pre-eden. the audio and video settings have to be very precise for it to playback properly and smoothly. believe it or not, wrong audio settings can lead to stutter playback too. here are my latest guides- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .

one thing that i didn't mention in my guide- make sure that in control panel you select nvidia hdmi audio output and in speaker configuration set it to stereo. i know that a lot of people tend to select the 5.1 or 7.1. if you want to know why stereo, i can explain in detail on it too.
bluray Wrote:the gt430 should playback 1080p with dts-hd/truehd flawless with pre-eden. the audio and video settings have to be very precise for it to playback properly and smoothly. believe it or not, wrong audio settings can lead to stutter playback too. here are my latest guides- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .

one thing that i didn't mention in my guide- make sure that in control panel you select nvidia hdmi audio output and in speaker configuration set it to stereo. i know that a lot of people tend to select the 5.1 or 7.1. if you want to know why stereo, i can explain in detail on it too.

Hi thanks for the reply I will try this out tonight when I get home
Just one question regarding your guide, under option 2 of the XBMC guide it states "2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs" and the link takes me to the Realtek download site to obtain a driver. Do I need this as the GT430 has its own audio driver?
I'm curious about that too. A lot of guides have the Realtek HDMI Audio driver instead of using the AMD HDMI audio driver. Is there a reason for this?
Well I installed it anyway and it has done the trick, is there something in that driver pack that XBMC needs?
wookiebear Wrote:Hi thanks for the reply I will try this out tonight when I get home
Just one question regarding your guide, under option 2 of the XBMC guide it states "2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs" and the link takes me to the Realtek download site to obtain a driver. Do I need this as the GT430 has its own audio driver?
yes
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player?0