Motherboard: EVGA 680i
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad
RAM: 8GB DDR2
HDDs: 250GB (OS), 2.5TB HDD (Storage)
Optical: HP Blu-Ray/DVD-RW/ CD-RW with Lightscribe
Case: Silverstone CW03
Accessories: Logitech diNovo Keyboard, Logitech Harmony 1100 Remote

The Build:

So far... a 250GB and a 2.5TB hard drive. I will replace the 250GB with a OCZ 120GB SDD and increase the storage by adding an additional 2.5TB HDD. It was a pain in the neck getting that mount out. but once it was out, everything became easy.

The HDD rack removed. I really have to find a way to shorten those wires....

Yup a major mess.... I gotta figure out a way to make it neater.... that is where MDPC-X (http://en.mdpc-x.com/) comes into play...

Loading Windows 7, CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack), and XBMC. CCCP can play .mkv files.... which most 1080p movies with 7.1 audio files are converted to.

Operations:

Taken with a Canon D90.... shortly before I had to move.

Taken with my cell phone... can't find the darn usb cable for the camera....

Hope you like... comments/ questions are welcome.....
nice htpc!!!

was it made of some used parts from a prior build??
eskro Wrote:nice htpc!!!

was it made of some used parts from a prior build??

Yup.... the motherboard has been a workhorse for a very long time, I couldn't part with it when I built my workstation. The Core 2 Quad was used for only a week, the I replaced it with the i7, so the Core 2 Quad actually had no run time. Overall, the HTPC is just as fast as most desktops out there today... and its motherboard was the component to get back in 2003....
very nice build!!

8GB DDR2 is overkill but, who cares Tongue
Sweet! cool screen on the case.
eskro Wrote:very nice build!!

8GB DDR2 is overkill but, who cares Tongue

LOL!!! yeah it is.... but I always go by the motto "Be Prepared". Nod

Besides the i7, I have 24GB of Triple Channel DDR3 RAM and 3 EVGA 465 GTX video cards in my workstation. Wink
i see your directv receiver underneath it. if you want to fully integrate directv2pc with 7mce, you can do this- Media Center Launcher Configurator. it is seamless integration on my htpc. i can operate directv2pc on 7mce using the same mce remote. it's a great add-on feature!
bluray Wrote:i see your directv receiver underneath it. if you want to fully integrate directv2pc with 7mce, you can do this- Media Center Launcher Configurator. it is seamless integration on my htpc. i can operate directv2pc on 7mce using the same mce remote. it's a great add-on feature!

Hey Blu... Can you do this with Verizon Fios too!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My HTPC, "Ra"0