• 159(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
MarcosQui Wrote:I am including in version 1.2.2 an option to use the bluray-case based in codec or tag so each one uses the way that like.

Problem solved! Wink

Done in pre-1.2.2.

Test please.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
MarcosQui Wrote:Done in pre-1.2.2.

Test please.

Thanks Marcos, however I really think this was not necessary, from what I can see it was only one, possibly 2 users who wanted the cases based on the codec (why? the mind boggles, as I have said not only HD material can be encoded in h264).
MQ and all other skins I have used in the past worked well by applying the tag based on the filename. Just seems that some people have created extra work for you on the basis that they cannot be bothered to name their movies correctly. No

Still always a pleasure to see you trying to keep everyone happy! Nod
chippie Wrote:Thanks Marcos, however I really think this was not necessary, from what I can see it was only one, possibly 2 users who wanted the cases based on the codec (why? the mind boggles, as I have said not only HD material can be encoded in h264).
MQ and all other skins I have used in the past worked well by applying the tag based on the filename. Just seems that some people have created extra work for you on the basis that they cannot be bothered to name their movies correctly. No

I don't like cases... at all. I think it degrades the clean visuals and is so last decade... the resolution tag/icon on the screen is more than enough information.

I clean the file names completely of all tag information as it is unnecessary when using a proper scraper and the info files XBMC uses.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i never show the cases - all my files are HD and I dont need to see a bluray case. perhaps if this was 5 years ago and only a handful of my movies were bluray then it would be neat, but not anymore

/2cents
ginsengbomb Wrote:I'm having this problem, too.

I'm not having the issue in Confluence or any other skin, for that matter (I've tried Xeebo and Alaska).

Basically, whenever I go into TV Shows or Movies -- those two areas only -- I have to engage the mouse in order to select anything. Keyboard controls do not work in TV Shows or Movies.

Once I've moused over an area, I then get keyboard control over the menu system back. But if I don't engage the mouse and mouse over the screen, keyboard controls (and my iOS remote, which works via keyboard controls) do not work. I get navigation sounds but nothing happens.

Any ideas? I've tried playing around with the input settings quite a bit to no avail so far.

I had been using Aeon MQ3 full time up until a week ago, then switched to Xeebo to try it out. Wife wants to switch back to Aeon MQ3, and I switched today and suddenly have this strange issue. In the interim I did upgrade to Eden Beta 2 so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it...I can't think of any other changes I've made to my setup.

System info, if it matters:

Mac Mini mid-2011 running OS X Lion
Eden Beta 2
Remote: Hippo Remote (although the issue occurs with a keyboard attached as well)

@ginsingbomb - I resolved this issue by deleting my prior exsitence of xbmc (the nightly) and the guisettings.xml and then reinstalling eden beta 2 from the xbmc-unstable ppa and setting up MQ3 again. I realize you are on a MAC, so your upgrade path may differ, and FYI this nuked my previous set-up, but it did fix the problem of menus not engaging.
A best solution for me is asign filename '.avi' for the dvd case, bluray case asign codec x264.
The 3d case just be as it is now or filename '3d'.
And also leaving out the xvid case , it´s as i use mq3 and cases.
Thanks MarcosQui.
Riksa Wrote:A best solution for me is asign filename '.avi' for the dvd case, bluray case asign codec x264.
The 3d case just be as it is now or filename '3d'.
And also leaving out the xvid case , it´s as i use mq3 and cases.
Thanks MarcosQui.

Marcos has made provision for applying a BluRay Case based on the codec which is now a switchable option. For a 3D case you must have 3DBD in the filename.

I still do not understand why people that do use cases want to apply them based on the codec unless we are talking about the xVid or h264 cases. Applying a DVD case to an AVI file just does not make sense as the source could be PDTV, could be a HD file so you will have a DVD case and a 1080p tag?? or anything else for that matter.... Same goes for the BluRay cases as I have mentioned but the lucky 2 people who wanted this now have it.

Sorry for the rant but this is just laziness. Just name your movies correctly and you will have the case of your choice applied to it. Simple right?
MarcosQui Wrote:Another thing, at this moment the skin supports three diferents tag's for Bluray:

bluray, blu-ray and bdrip.

Is necessary ? I Can just let 'bluray'?

My two cents, if it's not too late: all of these three tags are used quite often by posting groups, so people who have automatic downloading of any kind set up (SickBeard, CouchPotato, etc) and don't use post-processing or can't get it to work, would be impacted by the removal of any of these.

Marcos, you've done a masterful job in cleaning up the code to make a more lightweight, faster skin for everyone, but my opinion is that in this scenario, removing the tags may break peoples' pre-existing setups, and unless I am very mistaken about the amount of code 3 options takes up, it might be more user-friendly to leave all 3 in.

chippie Wrote:Sorry for the rant but this is just laziness. Just name your movies correctly and you will have the case of your choice applied to it. Simple right?

Again, I agree with chippie here. I don't understand why people are asking Marcos to make MQ3 read codec tags inaccurately. If MQ3 sees h264 or xvid in a codec tag, it should display h264 or xvid. XBMC is built to understand codecs and media types as 2 separate things. This is a feature of XBMC, and the idea of a skin automatically deciding a media type based on a codec is asking Marcos to break this feature of XBMC.

If you want a media flag to show up, put it where it belongs: in the filename. Marcos: Would this not be solved by giving users the option to show either the codec on the cases (pull info from the codec tag in the nfo file) or show the media flag on the cases (pull info from filename)?
Any way to remove the "Winter, based on the Northern Hemisphere" text on the weather page? I think it'd look much cleaner without the text.
socialskills Wrote:My two cents, if it's not too late: all of these three tags are used quite often by posting groups, so people who have automatic downloading of any kind set up (SickBeard, CouchPotato, etc) and don't use post-processing or can't get it to work, would be impacted by the removal of any of these.

In fact, I removed the tags (blu-ray and bdrip) in pre-1.2.2, but I'll put are back.

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Ok I've done a search but havent found an answer to this question.

Is there a way to make the VIDEO item on the main menu go straight to the FILES view like the older Aeon did?

I know that I can create a favourite and put that on the main menu but then I have to have 2 Video items effectively just so I can have the submenu that the real Video item has. If the TV and MOVIE items are already on the main menu then it seems silly that the Video item shows them again. A toggle would be great to change the behavior of the VIDEO item depending on what the user wants.

In the mean time is there a way to edit the behavior in one of the skin files?
@Marcos as we are on the subject of tags....and this can obviously go to a vote....

I would like to ask if it may be possible to add a tag (not a case) for Web rips, so if the movie or TV show has (WEB) in the title we can have a Web tag. The Case would in this case be applied based on the codec so would be a xVid or h264 case.

Thanks!
fl0PPsy Wrote:Ok I've done a search but havent found an answer to this question.

Is there a way to make the VIDEO item on the main menu go straight to the FILES view like the older Aeon did?

I know that I can create a favourite and put that on the main menu but then I have to have 2 Video items effectively just so I can have the submenu that the real Video item has. If the TV and MOVIE items are already on the main menu then it seems silly that the Video item shows them again. A toggle would be great to change the behavior of the VIDEO item depending on what the user wants.

In the mean time is there a way to edit the behavior in one of the skin files?

EDEN

Open Includes.xml about line 9420 or serach for

PHP Code:
<include name="homemenu_edenmode"

Change

PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)</onclick

To:

PHP Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files)</onclick
chippie, I believe the correct standard to make it would 'webtv'

butchabay, good to see you helping out here, thanks.

Visit my website
chippie Wrote:Thanks Marcos, however I really think this was not necessary, from what I can see it was only one, possibly 2 users who wanted the cases based on the codec (why? the mind boggles, as I have said not only HD material can be encoded in h264).

In fact it only swells the code, but since all are against it, I remove, it's for now!

Visit my website
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322