• 178(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
Thanks a bunch distracto! That did the trick Smile
RavenNL Wrote:that;s not completely true, that only applies when you dont have the option 'user poster for tv-series' turned on in the skin settings. If you have that option turned on then 'get artwork' is not visible. That is the problem that some users are experiencing.

I once created a ticket about it but marcos said it was normal behavior, which i still find strange because other skins don't have that problem

Thanks for the info, I would have enabled that hence not noticed that it gave me the option which others cannot see. An easy work around though for those that have Logo Downloader, enable it briefly, turn the option on then you will see the Get Artwork option.

@Marcos I think we really need the Get Artwork option under all the "i" TV Show Info pages as you can actually change all the artwork including clearart, logo's etc.... and not just the poster and fanart with the new Artwork Downloader. Thanks!!!! Big Grin
painy Wrote:@onizuka
XBMC/MQ3 does not freeze, i can keep doing everything just fine. It just does not open the menu.

@ TeKo
I can press left as much as I want :p. The only thing that happens is that the 'click' sound sounds (the one that normally sounds every time i use an arrow key). Right, down and up work perfectly though. Reinstalling the skin did not help. Maybe i'll try restarting it. On a side note: the same thing is happening on my second pc (that uses the copied appdata from my main pc)

i'm referring to a completely different ongoing bug
Greetings everyone,

I am fairly new to Aeon MQ3, so I apologize if this has been asked or I'm just overlooking something simple.

Is there a way to enable me to see the current audio and video bitrate while a movie or television show is being watched? When I first installed XBMC, the default skin had something like what I'm looking for that showed the current audio/video bitrate and if it was in DTS-MA or Dolby True-HD, etc.

I have poured over the customization options and haven't found anything yet. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your help!
jgarr132 Wrote:Greetings everyone,

I am fairly new to Aeon MQ3, so I apologize if this has been asked or I'm just overlooking something simple.

Is there a way to enable me to see the current audio and video bitrate while a movie or television show is being watched? When I first installed XBMC, the default skin had something like what I'm looking for that showed the current audio/video bitrate and if it was in DTS-MA or Dolby True-HD, etc.

I have poured over the customization options and haven't found anything yet. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your help!

press o
RavenNL Wrote:press o

It figures it was something simple that I missed. I'll try that when I get home tonight.

I'm sorry to have wasted your time!
I've been using this skin for some time and just suddenly realized that my entire library of Movies is not actually using the "folder.jpg" file in each folder when the movie poster is being shown.

In all my TV shows and anime, the posters are named "folder.jpg" in each folder and is picked up perfectly fine. Is there a setting that I'm missing in the movies section that is supposed to enable this?
j3tang Wrote:I've been using this skin for some time and just suddenly realized that my entire library of Movies is not actually using the "folder.jpg" file in each folder when the movie poster is being shown.

In all my TV shows and anime, the posters are named "folder.jpg" in each folder and is picked up perfectly fine. Is there a setting that I'm missing in the movies section that is supposed to enable this?

XBMC needs your movies "folder.jpg" to be called "<movie>.tbn"

eg. Avatar would be avatar.tbn
Ugh this is getting frustrating more foreign language posters being pulled in, and i cannot change them for tv shows.

I am in shelf mode. I have posters.jpg turned on, so i turn it off so i can grab a new thumb image. I do. Then i turn posters.jpg back on and it goes back to the old picture.

So i manually replace the poster.jpg in my files with the proper poster.jpg, still grabbing the old one.

DO i really have to give it 24 hours to update because that seems to be to long.

I dont know how others are dealing with this, do they have posters.jpg turned off for tv show art in settings??

Because when i do that, my shelf view tv posters are blurry/cropped and ugly.
Ghostdivision Wrote:Ugh this is getting frustrating more foreign language posters being pulled in, and i cannot change them for tv shows.

I am in shelf mode. I have posters.jpg turned on, so i turn it off so i can grab a new thumb image. I do. Then i turn posters.jpg back on and it goes back to the old picture.

So i manually replace the poster.jpg in my files with the proper poster.jpg, still grabbing the old one.

DO i really have to give it 24 hours to update because that seems to be to long.

I dont know how others are dealing with this, do they have posters.jpg turned off for tv show art in settings??

Because when i do that, my shelf view tv posters are blurry/cropped and ugly.

I beleive it is only the clearart, logos etc... that are read in to the textures.db file. The Posters should change instantly. I understand your frustration but Marcos has already fixed this up and it will probably be released over the weekend. In the mean time you can try to create a folder.jpg (with the actual poster you want), have a poster.jpg there as well in your TV Show folder, then remove the TV show from your library and update the library. This should thne pull the local poster in.

EDIT: Just to clarify, you can have poster.jpg and folder.jpg in with your TV show, that is why when you turn use poster.jpg back on it reverts back to the image it has cached in the thumbnails folder under XBMC.
Oh this is being fixed?

My bad i can wait. I thought this was more of a lingering problem that was never addressed.
Ghostdivision Wrote:Oh this is being fixed?

My bad i can wait. I thought this was more of a lingering problem that was never addressed.

Well I hope I am on the same page here; Marcos has, from what I understand removed the Logo Downloader as all artwork is now grabbed by Artwork Downloader. In doing this you should then be able to highlight the TV Show, hit the "i" on your keyboard and then select "Get Artwork" where you have a load of options to change all the artwork for the TV show......

I believe the issue stems from the fact that you needed Logo Downloader installed to be able to change these options under the settings, i.e. using poster.jpg....

Anyway, if I am babbling on about somehthing that is not connected to your issue then sorry.... but I have never had a problem with the posters but then I do have folder.jpg in with all my TV Shows.
@Ghostdivision;

You really should try to use something like Media Companion or Ember to manage your movies/TV Shows outside of XBMC, it really makes life a lot easier. Perhaps a little time consuming at first to get all the data correct as is creates .nfo files for all the shows etc... but once there it is really easy to manage. Already said but Ember is pretty complex where as Media Companion is pretty easy to use.

The latest MC can be found here; http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/82918
Guys,

Can someone please confirm if they have this bug;

If under TV Shows or Movies I select the "CoverFlow" View I no longer have the ability to up arrow to get the side menu up to change the view or other settings. The only way I get around this is to de-activate the coverFlow view.
Ghostdivision Wrote:Oh this is being fixed?

Actually, I think just having folder.jpg in each TV Show folder may fix your issue but you will have to remove and add the shows to the library.
  • 178(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322