• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
Great work! Smile

One thing. Backdrops shouldn't ba darkened in Banner Info and allow banners with transparent background in Landscape
A few questions before I do the upgrade:

1) Do I need to uninstall XBMC 10.1 before installing the pre Eden build or can I just install the build such as http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

and it will overwrite the 10.1 files?

2) will my library be intact or will I need to rebuild it?

3) I am assuming by upgrading to the pre Eden builds that Aeon MQ2 will no longer work or be available??

Many thanks to those that can answer.
astrotrain Wrote:A few questions before I do the upgrade:

1) Do I need to uninstall XBMC 10.1 before installing the pre Eden build or can I just install the build such as http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

3) I am assuming by upgrading to the pre Eden builds that Aeon MQ2 will no longer work or be available??

My method for Windows (probably wrong) as to do nothing but install Eden but use a new folder name (XBMC --> XBMCalpha) and similarly changed the name of the start menu folder. Everything seemed to transfer over but I am now having a few issues... my method or prebuild problems?

As for 3) not sure... trying to screen capture a video at the moment so can't test.
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
astrotrain Wrote:A few questions before I do the upgrade:

You don't have to uninstall 10.1, the pre-eden install will overwrite what it needs and the database will upgrade when you launch it. You'll retain your library this way.

As with anything regarding software, especially beta software, backup backup backup backup. Backup the XBMC directory by making a copy of it and sticking it in a safe place. Also backup the user directory for XBMC, for Windows it's located in "\Users\<username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC", dunno what it is for Linux/OSX.

I haven't checked myself since I still have MQ2 installed. But, from what I read MarcoQui took down MQ2 from the repo. Can't say this is accurate or not, but if you have the latest version of MQ2, it'll still work on pre-Eden.

If things go wrong, or you just don't like how it turned out you can restore your original XBMC install and be back where you started.

And to quote Team XBMC on using the Nightlies
"Nightly Builds

Only for the brave. You should expect breakage when running these builds.

WARNING: Nightly builds will update your libraries to a version that is not backwards-compatible with stable releases. Backup first!
"

It is a beta version of XBMC that is still highly in development and you'll be using a skin that's also in beta. Expect bugs, issues, etc. For the most part it's been pretty smooth, with the occasional hiccup here and there.

If you are okay with all that, then give it a spin. If you prefer utmost stability stick with 10.1.

P.S. Should add, that not all 10.1 Addons work with pre-Eden, though there are a great many that have been updated and are working fine. If you do update to pre-Eden, delete the RecentlyAdded script from the addon directory as it's no longer needed. Test out the different addons to see which still work and which don't.
Rygrath Wrote:You don't have to uninstall 10.1, the pre-eden install will overwrite what it needs and the database will upgrade when you launch it. You'll retain your library this way.

As with anything regarding software, especially beta software, backup backup backup backup. Backup the XBMC directory by making a copy of it and sticking it in a safe place. Also backup the user directory for XBMC, for Windows it's located in "\Users\<username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC", dunno what it is for Linux/OSX.

I haven't checked myself since I still have MQ2 installed. But, from what I read MarcoQui took down MQ2 from the repo. Can't say this is accurate or not, but if you have the latest version of MQ2, it'll still work on pre-Eden.

If things go wrong, or you just don't like how it turned out you can restore your original XBMC install and be back where you started.

And to quote Team XBMC on using the Nightlies
"Nightly Builds

Only for the brave. You should expect breakage when running these builds.

WARNING: Nightly builds will update your libraries to a version that is not backwards-compatible with stable releases. Backup first!
"

It is a beta version of XBMC that is still highly in development and you'll be using a skin that's also in beta. Expect bugs, issues, etc. For the most part it's been pretty smooth, with the occasional hiccup here and there.

If you are okay with all that, then give it a spin. If you prefer utmost stability stick with 10.1.

P.S. Should add, that not all 10.1 Addons work with pre-Eden, though there are a great many that have been updated and are working fine. If you do update to pre-Eden, delete the RecentlyAdded script from the addon directory as it's no longer needed. Test out the different addons to see which still work and which don't.

Many thanks for the detailed reply. I will do as you suggest in backing up the directories first.

I hope MQ2 still works on preEden so I can have the option to go back. I am installing Pre Eden plus MQ3 on my Laptop first to see how the layout is.

cheers,
The last version of MQ2 was pre-Eden compatible, should work just fine. Good luck!
Wanilton Wrote:All update addons eden compatible for skin Aeomq3, download here

Unzip the pack manually for: - Don´t install this pack via zip option in addon...
C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons

Configure the addons for your use, of course.

Thanks a lot!
I have found that the show information select on the context movie option doesn't work it loads the film instead of showing info. Also if pressing i on the keyboard it does nothing when browsing movies but works perfectly when playing one. Anyone else?
I have been waiting for this! thanks a lot MarcoxQui!

i dont have the time right now for installing Eden and stuff... can anyone take some screenshoots or post a video showing the improvements of MQ3 verus MQ2? Is there any major visual differences? or it looks similar but runs much smoother??

I would do this myself, but I dont have the time right now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLQ51u5VcFA

The quality is terrible, it's in 4:3 instead of widescreen because I'd much prefer to be messing around the skin but I'll try again tomorrow!
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
master345 Wrote:I have found that the show information select on the context movie option doesn't work it loads the film instead of showing info. Also if pressing i on the keyboard it does nothing when browsing movies but works perfectly when playing one. Anyone else?

it worksd in tv shows but not in movies using any skin!
master345 Wrote:I have found that the show information select on the context movie option doesn't work it loads the film instead of showing info. Also if pressing i on the keyboard it does nothing when browsing movies but works perfectly when playing one. Anyone else?

Don't have that problem myself when pressing 'i', I'll check the context menu way tomorrow. (Windows + Eden 15th Aug)
kinda dumb question...but how do i get pictures in the little box down to the right in the home screen for music?

just had to disable and active it again!Smile
imdb addon had uninstalled itself and so needed to set content again. all working! aeon mq3 FTW!
Question 
The problems with the linux versions has been solved?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322