[RELEASE] BBC Live Football Scores
I've pulled together a small script to display live football scores and thought I'd share it with the wider community.

Name: BBC Football Scores

What it does: Grabs live football score data from the BBC website and displays pop-ups at regular intervals.

Can be configured to just show updates when scores change or when game state changes (e.g. half time, full time etc). NB these updates still only occur at user defined intervals i.e. they're not real time updates.

The BBC data seems to show info on English/Scottish leagues, Champions League, UEFA Cup, Internationals (including Euro 2012 qualifiers).
UPDATE: 10 December 2013
The script has been updated to read the data from the BBC site. Currently the following leagues appear to be supported:
  • Premier League
  • Championship
  • League One
  • League Two
  • Football Conference
  • Conference North
  • Conference South
  • FA Cup
  • FA Cup Qualifying
  • League Cup
  • Football League Trophy
  • The FA Trophy
  • The FA Community Shield
  • Scottish Premiership
  • Scottish Championship
  • Scottish League One
  • Scottish League Two
  • Highland League
  • Lowland League
  • Scottish Cup
  • Scottish League Cup
  • Scottish Challenge Cup
  • Welsh Premier League
  • Welsh Cup
  • Welsh League Cup
  • Irish Premiership
  • Irish Cup
  • League of Ireland Premier
  • World Cup
  • World Cup Qualifying - European
  • Confederations Cup
  • Women's European Championship
  • Africa Cup of Nations
  • Euro Under-21 Championship
  • Euro Under-21 Qualifying
  • International Friendlies
  • Champions League
  • Europa League
  • Austrian Bundesliga
  • Belgian Pro League
  • Danish Superliga
  • Dutch Eredivisie
  • Finnish Veikkausliiga
  • French Ligue 1
  • Greek Superleague
  • Italian Serie A
  • Norwegian Tippeligaen
  • Portuguese Primeira Liga
  • Spanish La Liga
  • Swedish Allsvenskan
  • Swiss Super League
  • Turkish Super Lig
  • Women's Super League
  • Women's League Cup
  • Women's Premier North
  • Women's Premier South

What it doesn't do: Other sport. This is just for football. And by football, I mean football where people kick the ball around with their feet.

Download: HERE

Screenshots:

BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
To Do:
-Select favourite team(s) -> notification filter
-Better images!
Cool. Thanks!
Slightly embarassing - minor bug fixed.

(Still working out how to use git - one update wasn't included).
thanks for this. will check it out.
This is great I've been looking for an RSS feed to use but not found a decent one.

Does the scrip run on startup of XBMC or do you need to start the script each time?

Also does it only pick up competitions that have matches when the script starts? As there was only Premier League listed when I checked it last night.
Greg,

Currently it doesn't run at startup. I was trying to keep it fairly unobtrusive and only run when requested by the user.

It only displays the lists of matches that are scheduled for the day as that's all the BBC live feed shows. However, once you select a league (it gets starred) it's added to your watched leages list, so next time there's a Premier League match (for example) then that league will already be starred.

I'm keen to listen to any suggestions for improvements so have a go and let me know what you think.

el_P
Ah ok once they are added it's permanent. That's cool would be a bit annoying if you had to select them each time.

Having the competions permanantly listed in the settings would make things more obvious to new users, especially if there are no matches on the day when they install and set it up.
The only other improvement I can think of right now is the option to have it run at startup but that's mainly because I keep my UI tidy by hiding the Addons menu, making me likely to forget to start it. (although I can probably fudge something in my autoexec without any changes being made)

I'll be away this weekend so won't really be using it fully until the weekend after, but if there's anything I can think of I'll drop a note in here.
GregKael Wrote:Having the competions permanantly listed in the settings would make things more obvious to new users, especially if there are no matches on the day when they install and set it up.
The only other improvement I can think of right now is the option to have it run at startup but that's mainly because I keep my UI tidy by hiding the Addons menu, making me likely to forget to start it. (although I can probably fudge something in my autoexec without any changes being made)

Listing the competitions is tricky: the data feed I pick up only lists the day's games. Each competition has a specific ID which is what the script uses. However, I don't know a way to query the BBC site to get the full list of competitions (not saying it can't be done though).

I'll have a think about if/how it could be made to work as a service.
Ugly hack added to script to handle changes to BBC website feed.
Also, if you're comfortable modding your skin - the script provides a text summary of the scores (updated whenever the script polls) which can be displayed with:
PHP Code:
<label>$INFO[Skin.String(bbcscores.summary)]</label

Can a moderator please move this to the Program Addons forum please.
Great script! it would be difficult to show the spanish league? Smile
Hirs Wrote:Great script! it would be difficult to show the spanish league? Smile

I would need a good data feed (ideally JSON) for the league - I don't think the BBC do it.
Must be doing something really silly as when I try to install this addon I get the following message:-

Add-on does not have the correct structure.

Can anyone help please?

Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] BBC Live Football Scores0