[RELEASE] XeeBo - Nightly
For the most up-to-date version grab it from my repo (see sig).

NOTE: This has a different ID to both official repos (Dharma & Eden-Pre) so as to avoid any problems with them updating by mistake.

Added: 'Cinema Experience' & 'TV Tunes' support
Changed: Selected colour from Yellow to Blue
Changed: Cleaned up window labels
Added: Chinese string (thanks to taxigps)

Added: _screenshots folder
Just tried this skin last night... I like it, and I did not expect to since it does not have all the eye candy I usually look forward to - yes, that is a compliment Nod

I think this skin can be awesome with some built-in customizations enabled for users.

I have a few feature requests that should hopefully still be inline with the overall style and methodology...

1) Can you make the initial screen after starting open with the main menu shown? This will be helpful for new users, guests, etc.

2) Can you make the home screen modular so we can pick which 'Recent' items rows we want to hide? (this leads into, compliments #3 below)

3) Allow replacement of user selected 'Recent' rows on the home screen with other things... Weather forecast, direct links to Favorites, custom user definable row, etc?
Examples:
Always see the current weather on the home screen.
Kids Videos (Favorite) shows the most popular/played videos
-- Having Favorites on the home screen helps with less clicks and less confusion for guests and family. Currently, Favorites are essentially "hidden" since unless someone knows exactly what a favorite is they will have no clue to go there when all other menus items are seemingly shown directly on the menu

4) Allow users to to customize the Home slide out menu. Remove items and Add new menu items. Example: I'd remove "Favorites" and add direct links to them. Reduces clicks and confusion as stated above.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I'm a XBMC newbie and am loving this skin. However, I think I've found a small issue running on the latest nightly on an Apple TV 2 and the standard Apple remote. From the video OSD, I can create a bookmark but I just cannot select one - the right-arrow does nothing in the bookmarks screen. Any ideas?
doctorjb Wrote:I'm a XBMC newbie and am loving this skin. However, I think I've found a small issue running on the latest nightly on an Apple TV 2 and the standard Apple remote. From the video OSD, I can create a bookmark but I just cannot select one - the right-arrow does nothing in the bookmarks screen. Any ideas?

Fixed, thanks.
Many thanks for the quick fix. Has the update made it into the repo yet? I did notice that an update was available, installed but the change log is still 2.3.0 and the bookmark can still not be selected.

BTW other skins may have more eye candy but Xeebo is just a pleasure to use with the limited number of buttons available on the Apple Remote!
doctorjb Wrote:Many thanks for the quick fix. Has the update made it into the repo yet? I did notice that an update was available, installed but the change log is still 2.3.0 and the bookmark can still not be selected.
Not yet still adding this -

doctorjb Wrote:BTW other skins may have more eye candy but Xeebo is just a pleasure to use with the limited number of buttons available on the Apple Remote!
Thanks, that was the goal.

Added: Alternate Home layout with customisable items
Updated: Skin settings code
Updated: Weather icons
Fixed: Bookmark problem

Added: 'Cinema Experience' & 'TV Tunes' support
Changed: Selected colour from Yellow to Blue
Changed: Cleaned up window labels
Added: Chinese string (thanks to taxigps)

Added: Custom items for default Home layout

So I am currently having a weird bug with the new 2.4.1 version and the alternative homepage, when adding my favorites I get this weird colored hue around the logos. Also when the shut off option is selected you can see the same weird coloring but at a greater intensity. I am running an ATV2 with the latest stable release. I have attached some pictures showing the problem.

Thanks for the great work!

nVidify Wrote:I am running an ATV2 with the latest stable release.

There's your problem, as the title suggests this for nightly builds only and not Dharma.
Hitcher Wrote:There's your problem, as the title suggests this for nightly builds only and not Dharma.

Upgraded to the nightly release and it works perfectly fine now, although the problem I pointed out in [RELEASE] XeeBo - Dharma thread still exists with the Canada on Demand add on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XeeBo - Nightly0