Music fanart automation??
I am trying to figure out a way to download fanart for my music library. I have tried cdArt manager, but it uses and 'extrafanart' folder that seems to not be compatible.

I see where the scrapers are supposed to support it, but I can't figure out how to make it work. Ive tried last.fm and allmusic scrapers. somehow I have fanart for 2pac and a pic of a band I don't recognize.... no clue how those got there

My library is 565 artists and 674 albums. It is meticulously organized with id3 tags, cover art embedded and as folder.jpg, and in a consistent folder structure:

=>Artist
====>Album (Year)
====>extrafanart [only in the artists cdArt found]

The task is too large for me to put fanart.jpg into folders manually. I can't seem to find a tool like ember media manager for this either.

Can someone help?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Music_Library
I have the collection scanned in the library. I see my artists, albums (with art), genres everything.

The only thing I dont see is fanart.... is there a way to make it scan all fanart?
rvas18 Wrote:I have the collection scanned in the library. I see my artists, albums (with art), genres everything.

The only thing I dont see is fanart.... is there a way to make it scan all fanart?

It must be supported by the skin.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am running Aeon Nox so it's supported for sure. I can trick it into downloading one artist at a time by switching the scrapers from AllMusic (never seems to work) to Last.FM and then tell it to Query info for all theartists. It will look like it scanning, hang on the artist i have highlighted in the library, and proceed to finish the query. However it only downloads info and fanart for only that artist I have highlighted. I actually have 5-10 artists that I have downloaded information for this way.

I've tried removing the source cleaning the database and re adding everything. No luck in gettin it to read everything. It does pull everybit of the album art, but I assume that is becuase I am so particular in my tagging and folder structure.

I can't even 'refresh' the Artist or Album profile with out it asking me to type the name of the artist over and over and over and over and over and over until I give up.
how about that silly 'download info for all artists' entry in the very same context menu? must be some unrelated crap!
rvas18 Wrote:I am running Aeon Nox so it's supported for sure. I can trick it into downloading one artist at a time by switching the scrapers from AllMusic (never seems to work) to Last.FM and then tell it to Query info for all theartists. It will look like it scanning, hang on the artist i have highlighted in the library, and proceed to finish the query. However it only downloads info and fanart for only that artist I have highlighted. I actually have 5-10 artists that I have downloaded information for this way.

I've tried removing the source cleaning the database and re adding everything. No luck in gettin it to read everything. It does pull everybit of the album art, but I assume that is becuase I am so particular in my tagging and folder structure.

I can't even 'refresh' the Artist or Album profile with out it asking me to type the name of the artist over and over and over and over and over and over until I give up.

Quote:I am trying to figure out a way to download fanart for my music library. I have tried cdArt manager, but it uses and 'extrafanart' folder that seems to not be compatible.
NOX does support this but you have to point out were you music files are stored.
It will create an "Extrafanart" folder inside the artist folder. This only works if you have the correct folder structure.
Judging from you're first post this isn't the problem. I think you forgot to set the path in skin settings.

But if you have that you must type in the artist you have some ID3 tag problems. Use MusicBrainz to scan your music and correct the ID3 tags. This will solve a lot of problems you have with the scrapers and CDartmanager
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
spiff Wrote:how about that silly 'download info for all artists' entry in the very same context menu? must be some unrelated crap!

It will go through scan everyone and only download fanart for the one artist I have highlighted.

The library has populated correctly from the ID3 tags for the artist, album, album art.

I don't understand why it will download for one but not all. Is there a particular log or anything I can pull to get a better idea?
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:NOX does support this but you have to point out were you music files are stored.
It will create an "Extrafanart" folder inside the artist folder. This only works if you have the correct folder structure.
Judging from you're first post this isn't the problem. I think you forgot to set the path in skin settings.

But if you have that you must type in the artist you have some ID3 tag problems. Use MusicBrainz to scan your music and correct the ID3 tags. This will solve a lot of problems you have with the scrapers and CDartmanager

I know NOX does not support extrafanart. The ID3 tags are flawless and I don't have to type in the name except for where it goes into a search loop.
OMG I GOT IT.
this is stupid, but I found a working workaround.
i noticed there are issues with this as well, still, on 11rc2
how i noticed it is i had no fanart anywhere at all, and i had a couple tracks with messed up tags, so i fixed the tags, updated the library, and what do you know, it decided to get fanart for those 2 bands/albums.

so i figured if it will get fanart after some kind of change, why not make a global change(regarding the music library) and whats the easiest way to do that? put all the music inside the music folder, in a new folder. IT WORKED

so folder structure before
+Music
--+Genre
----+Artist
------+Album

and now
+music
--+stupid folder to make a change to something
----+Genre
------+Everything else

Hope this helps, im sure you can move it all back and update again so you have your files where they should be
(2012-03-04, 23:02)neverthatgood Wrote: OMG I GOT IT.
this is stupid, but I found a working workaround.
i noticed there are issues with this as well, still, on 11rc2
how i noticed it is i had no fanart anywhere at all, and i had a couple tracks with messed up tags, so i fixed the tags, updated the library, and what do you know, it decided to get fanart for those 2 bands/albums.

so i figured if it will get fanart after some kind of change, why not make a global change(regarding the music library) and whats the easiest way to do that? put all the music inside the music folder, in a new folder. IT WORKED

so folder structure before
+Music
--+Genre
----+Artist
------+Album

and now
+music
--+stupid folder to make a change to something
----+Genre
------+Everything else

Hope this helps, im sure you can move it all back and update again so you have your files where they should be

Awesome! Coulda just renamed the root music folder to something else like tunes but great nonetheless.

I really wish something like ember would step up and support music libraries. With many libraries pushing 30k + songs and thousands of artists it would be great to have a no nonsense GUI like ember gives you for movies. Not to mention the ability to permanently store fanart.jpg and .nfo files for the artist and album information (is this even supported in the music library) alongside the music itself. I already have a folder.jpg for ever album art (album art downloader FTW).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music fanart automation??0