Video Calibration Not Sticking
Hey all, I recently got my hands on an Acer Revo 3610 with Win7 Home Premium. I put this box in the living room which replaced a htpc that I had built about 2 years ago. The older htpc was running onboard Radeon HD 4200 graphics and I never had a problem with resolutions. The os defaulted to 1280x720, therefore I never had to calibrate within xbmc.

Now that i have turned the older htpc into a server/office pc and put the Revo in the living room, from day one I have had resolution issues. For instance, I updated the nvidia drivers the day I got, hooked it up via hdmi to a philips plasma, the resolution in the os defaulted to something funky like 1216x684. If I enter the nvidia control panel and adjust res to 1280x720 then things start to get cut off (way off). I gave up on this for a little while because xbmc has video calibration built-in and that is where I adjusted video res. I rarely cut this unit off but when I do or when it needs a restart, the video calibration inside xbmc doesnt stick.
Has anyone had this issue before? If so what was your fix (if any)?
Any Revo owners having this issue?
dsimages Wrote:Hey all, I recently got my hands on an Acer Revo 3610 with Win7 Home Premium. I put this box in the living room which replaced a htpc that I had built about 2 years ago. The older htpc was running onboard Radeon HD 4200 graphics and I never had a problem with resolutions. The os defaulted to 1280x720, therefore I never had to calibrate within xbmc.

Now that i have turned the older htpc into a server/office pc and put the Revo in the living room, from day one I have had resolution issues. For instance, I updated the nvidia drivers the day I got, hooked it up via hdmi to a philips plasma, the resolution in the os defaulted to something funky like 1216x684. If I enter the nvidia control panel and adjust res to 1280x720 then things start to get cut off (way off). I gave up on this for a little while because xbmc has video calibration built-in and that is where I adjusted video res. I rarely cut this unit off but when I do or when it needs a restart, the video calibration inside xbmc doesnt stick.
Has anyone had this issue before? If so what was your fix (if any)?
Any Revo owners having this issue?

I have the same Revo, but running Ubuntu. I have the same exact issue. Drives me nuts. I do the video calibration, and every reboot I have to do it again. I've searched far and wide for a solution, and have yet to find one.
Damn......

Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution or at least a direction for one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Calibration Not Sticking0