[ATV1] Crystalbuntu and Flash
Just installed Crystalbuntu to the ATV1 last night, everything seems to play ok.
There is some stuttering in 720p/1080p playback, but this is almost certainly due to my network setup.

I can't seem to get flash content to play correctly though, more specifically: flvs. They just grind to a halt immediately. I've been monitoring the system through ssh (using top) and the processor seems to be fine, (maybe 20% on load) and during flv playback doesn't spike or anything.

I haven't modified any settings in XBMC beyond audio playback, (for some reason, it plays over HDMI on the analog setting, with output set to "Default(ALSA)".) Did I miss anything settings-wise? Are there recommended changes to a vanilla install of crystalbuntu?
Sam (the guy who packages crystalbuntu) will answer I'm sure, but what FLV are you playing?
Can you play any YOUTUBE videos over xbnc?

---edit---
He is the author of Crystalbuntu. Not just someone who packages it
(Sorry about that Sam)
It's an flv dumped from vimeo, just a test. (I like to run a bunch of file types whenever I dick around with XBMC. Old habits, I guess.)
Youtube, the plugin is broken in the latest version, haven't tried uninstalling-reinstalling.

Lol@Sam, I know who that is! :]
All flv's?
Turn on debugging, run the flv the chokes your machine and pastebin the xbmc.log so we can look at it and maybe see the issue
alex.holliz Wrote:Just installed Crystalbuntu to the ATV1 last night, everything seems to play ok.
There is some stuttering in 720p/1080p playback, but this is almost certainly due to my network setup.

I can't seem to get flash content to play correctly though, more specifically: flvs. They just grind to a halt immediately. I've been monitoring the system through ssh (using top) and the processor seems to be fine, (maybe 20% on load) and during flv playback doesn't spike or anything.

I haven't modified any settings in XBMC beyond audio playback, (for some reason, it plays over HDMI on the analog setting, with output set to "Default(ALSA)".) Did I miss anything settings-wise? Are there recommended changes to a vanilla install of crystalbuntu?

Hi,

Welcome to Crystalbuntu.

Flash content is accelerated by the BCM70012/15 if it is H264/VC1 in Internet browsers. I'm not sure about XBMC -- but if it is h264/vc1 it should be able to decode in hardware as FLV is effectively just a container. Low cpu usage suggests an issue other than resource, i.e. codecs or XBMC compatibility. I suggest a full debug log of when you try play this file -- we can see what's going on. Regards your sound, July update defaults HDMI audio pathway through asound.conf, for Analog, specifically select Analog and the system will pass over RCA. Then you need to "sudo rm /etc/asound.conf" for menu sounds if you care about that.

YouTube might be fixed in new builds
Hey Sam!

I can try to get a debug log of my content this evening once I'm home from work. As far as sound is concerned, I'm running through HDMI for video and audio, the settings I posted are the ones XBMC is using and I'm getting sound on both video and the menus. It was just a quirk I thought worth mentioning.

Is the Youtube plugin officially broken for Crystalbuntu?

Side note, would you rather I posted in the CB forums?
Youtube doesn't work in my atv running Crystalbuntu (July release). Also Icefilms plugin. Get a script failed notification when I try run them.
Without logs, my guess is as good at yours. That applies to both of you.
muppetman Wrote:Youtube doesn't work in my atv running Crystalbuntu (July release). Also Icefilms plugin. Get a script failed notification when I try run them.

Both plugins are able to work. Icefilms is having problems with server so on icefilms thread there is one modified package which enables you to manually enter the server.

Youtube is not working on atv with chrystal ubuntu atm v2.6.2. I have a sollution for that. Just p.m. Me and i will give you modified script for youtube.
After avgust reliz i will dig deeper into youtube to make it work in general.

But as always logs are welcome.
Care to share this solution?
I would also be interested in getting YouTube working again. Please share the updated script.
Sam, here you go.

http://pastebin.com/q4P7yniF
Right,

I see the problem there. Trying to use json.

This has missed the August update (just released 10mins ago).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1] Crystalbuntu and Flash0