HD Networks
Hi,

Are there any plugins that would give me these stations ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX, live and in HD (720 or 1080)?
I am trying to 'cut the cable' but if I can't find decent quality streaming my better half will not agree.

And why is it some plugin entries say for example CNN HD but when you open the link to a tv show on the streaming video screen it says SD?
And sometimes there is a 2.0 on the same streaming screen, what does that stand for?

thanks
search in the forum. Im not sure if they are HD quality but they are watchable. Look at bluecop cabletv addon , seenon.tv addons. and livestreams addon I use all and they work great.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:search in the forum. Im not sure if they are HD quality but they are watchable. Look at bluecop cabletv addon , seenon.tv addons. and livestreams addon I use all and they work great.

Thanks, yes I have all these but can't find any live HD programming.
LiveStreams, ABC, NBC, CBS don't work, at least for me, are they working for you?

thanks
Even if you find an HD stream it's unlikely to be anywhere near the HD quality you get through your cable TV. Some people put up live streams that come from an HD source but there is significant loss in the quality when streamed over the internet. Unless the actual TV companies offer an HD stream you just aren't going to get true HD, when the time comes that they do offer this (they may already) I'm sure you'll have to pay a fair amount for the service.

You can watch movies and TV shows in 720p via IceFilms as they aren't "live", all the content on there has been uploaded to a server. Maybe that's the route you should look at?
whufclee Wrote:Even if you find an HD stream it's unlikely to be anywhere near the HD quality you get through your cable TV. Some people put up live streams that come from an HD source but there is significant loss in the quality when streamed over the internet. Unless the actual TV companies offer an HD stream you just aren't going to get true HD, when the time comes that they do offer this (they may already) I'm sure you'll have to pay a fair amount for the service.

You can watch movies and TV shows in 720p via IceFilms as they aren't "live", all the content on there has been uploaded to a server. Maybe that's the route you should look at?

Thanks for the infoSmile
What is IceFilms?
IceFlms is a video plugin (an "addon" in new terminology) which has tens of thousands of TV Shows and Movies. If you haven't installed that yet you need to! Check out the IceFilms thread on here, if you're thinking of using it a lot you may want to consider paying for the premium megaupload account which apparently is buffer-free. I find that occasionally at peak times it gets too busy so you encounter buffering yet with the Premium account I believe this doesn't happen. Once you've tried this out you may have a case to put forward to the missus about cancelling cable!
whufclee Wrote:IceFlms is a video plugin (an "addon" in new terminology) which has tens of thousands of TV Shows and Movies. If you haven't installed that yet you need to! Check out the IceFilms thread on here, if you're thinking of using it a lot you may want to consider paying for the premium megaupload account which apparently is buffer-free. I find that occasionally at peak times it gets too busy so you encounter buffering yet with the Premium account I believe this doesn't happen. Once you've tried this out you may have a case to put forward to the missus about cancelling cable!

OK, sounds interesting...is it legal?
I mean most of the other plugins here get their streams from readily accessible sources (web sites etc)?
check it out yourself

http://www.icefilms.info/
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:check it out yourself

http://www.icefilms.info/

Thanks, but I can't find any info on legalityHuh
okie Wrote:Thanks, but I can't find any info on legalityHuh

That's a grey area with regards to legality. Some can argue that since TV is free-to-air that it shouldn't fall under the same copyright laws when it comes to file sharing. That it's all fair use and therefore legal.

The lawyers would like to disagree with that and say it's illegal because the files are being re-broadcasted and fall under the copyright rules. Icefilms recently was dropped by GoDaddy and forced to find a new host because they feared legal action from the networks.

You could give the FreeCable addon a try, if you live in the US or have access to a proxy server in the US. Those files are being offered directly from the networks and should be perfectly legal. You'll want to get the newest version of RTMP if you're having trouble playing files using FreeCable. There's a link floating around the forums - just do a quick search for it.

Found the post for the new version here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=842...tcount=236
Sranshaft Wrote:That's a grey area with regards to legality. Some can argue that since TV is free-to-air that it shouldn't fall under the same copyright laws when it comes to file sharing. That it's all fair use and therefore legal.

The lawyers would like to disagree with that and say it's illegal because the files are being re-broadcasted and fall under the copyright rules. Icefilms recently was dropped by GoDaddy and forced to find a new host because they feared legal action from the networks.

You could give the FreeCable addon a try, if you live in the US or have access to a proxy server in the US. Those files are being offered directly from the networks and should be perfectly legal. You'll want to get the newest version of RTMP if you're having trouble playing files using FreeCable. There's a link floating around the forums - just do a quick search for it.

Found the post for the new version here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=842...tcount=236

Thanks, I appreciate it Smile
okie Wrote:Thanks, I appreciate it Smile

No worries mate. Big Grin
Buying an anthena and converter box is still the best way to get HD for free if the signal is available in your area. That was the only way I could convince my old lady to drop cable
I cut the cable over two years ago and have no regrets. Now, with all of the plugins (addons) available like Icefilms, Livestreams, Freecable, ect.. you should have no problem. I currently use Livestreams for cartoons and "static noise" and I have a program (MCM) that keeps all of my downloaded tvshows up to date. I also download movies. I get all my local news from my other pc's and Rss reader on xbmc. I think the major issue for cutting cable is sports. I havent tried the sports addons since im not really a "sports" fan. (no pun intended)

I suggest you set everything up (ie - addons, torrents, ect...) the way you want it and then pitch it to the wife one weekend. Maybe even go a week with no cable before you cut if off. I pulled the plug while my wife and I were on a weeks vacation at the beach house, which has no cable also, so she was already primed for it.

You will find yourself watching less crap and more content. I havent seen a comercial in my house in a long time. I also saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to xbmc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Networks0