how to play games in xbmc
Hello I am sorry for these questions I am a newbie needed to play games in xbmc apple tv. read wiki but not much info.

Can somebody guide me how to play games in xbmc using apple tv ?? do you need both advanched launcher and rom collection browser ??

After installing launcher where to download games from Huhthx
you download the games from the cartridges you own ...

you only need rcb for roms.
What if you dont have any games ?? can you download from internet somewhere ??

Also wher do you store the game have looked for detailed instructions can find them anywhere ??thx for your help..
not legally. you store them wherever you want to store em. you then point rcb to the files.
elmo1855 Wrote:What if you dont have any games ?? can you download from internet somewhere ??

Also wher do you store the game have looked for detailed instructions can find them anywhere ??thx for your help..

you cannot discuss illegal downloading in the forums.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I find it amazing that someone still asks "where on the internet can you download games from?".
And i bet that stuff won't work on the atv2 since nobody ported it to arm right?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
yep
*not to mention how to play without a joystick

I guess you could VNC to the ATV2 but even a 386 would emulate games better than ATV2 composing VNC frames fast enough to transmit back to the pc

===edit===
I did get NES emulator running on ATV1 but my USB joystick cable length is like 3 meters (10-12 feet) and brought me too close to the tv, in addition to moving chairs around to play Super Mario.
It was more fun to setup than it was to play the games.
SNES I couldnt get sound on it running for some reason
Some other emulator (I forget) would not exit back to XBMC, just would leave a black box on screen infront of xbmc
Lol @ Ned
I think this is old etiquette from back in the day
..back when you could drink water out of a garden hose
..back when cartoons where on all morning long on Saturdays
*maybe not that far back
..back when PS1 dominated Blockbuster
*thats better

I wonder how many games MAME supports now?
Nevermind - thats off topic and taboo

have a good day guys
Believe it or not, I've actually wanted to bring up a topic like this for a while. A general idea (not sure if it is a good one or not) that we might lure more jailbroken iOS developers if XBMC's Launcher/ROM browser add-on worked in iOS + iOS game emulators (there's tons of them). How would you play? With an iControlPad, of course! You can already use one to control XBMC in BT keyboard mode, and the most recently active game emulators for iOS have iCP control in them. (the iCP is another iOS related passion of mine)

I don't know if many of you have tried iOS game emulators on the iPad or iPhone, but a lot of them (like the .emu series of emulators) run very well. It's a very appealing idea to be able to not only use XBMC, but game emulators as well on that little tiny black puck (get those games back on the TV and off the computer screen!)

How does this help XBMC? Well, as it is now most iOS jailbreak developers aren't paying much attention, if any, to the ATV2. If they had a reason to do so (like being presented with an awesome idea like bringing their game emulators to the ATV2, and maybe throw in launching them from within XBMC like you can with Launcher/ROM browser on the desktop) then you have more iOS developers exposed to both the ATV2 and XBMC. Maybe they submit some XBMC patches here or there, maybe we are able to use some of their own ATV2 specific code, etc.

Like I said, it's just an idea that has been swirling around in my head. Not really sure if it's a good idea or not, but might as well let it out in this thread.
Ned Scott Wrote:AH HAHAHAHAHA-- errr---I mean, of course I own all these movies! and we never talk about that nasty IceFilms site! Big Grin

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I understand what you are saying, but it's very funny considering the more than questionable sources for most of our movies.
Nod

LMAO.. hey I got a little red mark next to my name since I asked about torrents. Laugh Im trying to get it back to green to be an outstanding member of xbmc since I do have over 1000 posts and still a bad guy.

but I think elmo can go here.

yeah I am back to green.. I am on a distinguished road... wonder where this road will take me.
rflores2323 Wrote::nod:

LMAO.. hey I got a little red mark next to my name since I asked about torrents. :laugh: Im trying to get it back to green to be an outstanding member of xbmc since I do have over 1000 posts and still a bad guy.

but I think elmo can go here.

Really? I think I started some threads about torrents, and they invited me to join Team-XBMC. Probably because of my stunning good looks and enormous breasts.

I didn't even know what those green/red dots meant until the other day. Personally I think they should just be disabled. Most people don't know about the feature and thus it's not an accurate representation of what people think. But I guess that's even more off-topic discussion in an already off-topic thread, so I'll just end with rating this thread with 5-stars simply because thread rating is another silly feature no one notices :D
Ned Scott Wrote:Really? I think I started some threads about torrents, and they invited me to join Team-XBMC. Probably because of my stunning good looks and enormous breasts.

I didn't even know what those green/red dots meant until the other day. Personally I think they should just be disabled. Most people don't know about the feature and thus it's not an accurate representation of what people think. But I guess that's even more off-topic discussion in an already off-topic thread, so I'll just end with rating this thread with 5-stars simply because thread rating is another silly feature no one notices Big Grin

too funny. I spit my coffee out reading this. Big Grin voted too. Nod
Thanks a lot for all your help greatly appreciate..take care I think I get the drift
elmo1855 Wrote:Thanks a lot for all your help greatly appreciate..take care I think I get the drift

I hope you also understand that it is technically possible to do what you are asking to do. The very first problem to solve would be to get iOS emulators working on the ATV2. Robert Broglia ( http://www.explusalpha.com/ ) is the man I would see for this. Not only are his emulators fantastic on iOS, but he also greatly respects open source licenses and their terms, which most iOS game emulators do not.

Once that happens then we need to get Launcher and/or ROM Collection Browser working on XBMC for ATV2. We can't really help you with getting the emulators/games over, but we can help with XBMC half of things with Launcher/ROM Browser and such.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to play games in xbmc2