• 2(current)
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.
imott Wrote:In what repo do I find the Executer plugin? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it?
It is in the programs section of the official repo but I believe it is only available in the Dharma 10.1 repo. If you are using a nightly build it may not be there.

@tuxen I just wanted to say thanks for this. I was basically already doing this but linking to WMC and loading netflix once it started. That worked ok, but you saved me two button presses.Big Grin
This is an awesome way of doing it, impressed!! I did a quick hack myself that opened MCE to the right place but had to do the old back back back crap which dropped the WAF down massively. I ended up bastardising Media Centre and adding all my web stuff here and using Media Centre studio to remove everything except my MCE plugin/web stuff and making it look like a menu off XBMC but even then it was not as friendly as this!!

Quick question, could the exit command be something less common than "x" maybe CTRL+X instead or even better a small config file that lets you define your own exit button? just thinking that some people might have remote controls with keyboards on them (Boxee remote for example) last thing you want is the wife pressing x and it killing Netflix in the middle of a search!

Next thing I am going to try is remapping the XBMC main menu to X so that when the wife presses the main menu button on the remote (MCE remote in my case so the big green button) it quits Netflix and returns her where she started. Can't get much friendlier than that!

Thanks for the awesome hack, exactly what I was looking for!

James
Glad that it's usable to some. My goal is to make everything as simple/easy as possible.
I had not thought of pressing x in the search box, and I myself have a remote with keyboard. Doh..
Anyways the exit keys are now "ctrl+x", it's a quick hack, and not really the way to do it. I'll fix it later with an optional cfg file.
Just download http://81.161.149.87:8080/netflix/snetflix.zip again. And thank you to.

Regards tuxen
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the last bit.
But try using this file : http://81.161.149.87:8080/netflix/snetflixgreen.exe obsolete, does not exist anymore.
And then setting "ctrl+alt+x" as a hotkey on the XBMC shortcut.
Now see if Netflix exits and go to the home screen when pressing the "green" key.

I do not myself own a MCE remote so this might be a long shot.

Regards tuxen
Thanks will give it a bash with the redefined key. One thing I did notice is that the exit doesn't always seem to work, sometimes I have to press x several times before Netflix/MCE finally exits.

I redefined the green button on my MCE remote to be the key "x" inside my environment and did the same to the shortcut on both XBMC and Mediaportal (by the way your plugin works great with MP using the Multishortcut plugin as well). When I press the green button on my remote I end up back to the home screens of both systems although I experience the same reliability issue with the x on my MCE remote as I do with the keyboard.

Thanks

James
james194zt Wrote:Thanks will give it a bash with the redefined key. One thing I did notice is that the exit doesn't always seem to work, sometimes I have to press x several times before Netflix/MCE finally exits.

Thats very wierd. Never happend here infact it's very responsive.
In the mean time the exe has been updated twice first with your suggestion "ctrl+x" to solve the search issue. But then I found that the "esc" has no purpose in WMC, and I changed it to that to be more in line with the XBMC keys. Maybe you got the buggy "ctrl+x" version downloaded?

If you still want to use "x" as the exit key, I can try handle the key different in the script and you could test it to see if it works better?

Anyways "esc" is the best way I could think of. So that will be the final key.

BTW. I have never used or tried MediaPortal, maybe that is interfering some way. But really I have no clue here. Sorry.
Regards tuxen
Rewrote key in script different. Though it seems James is the only one getting a bug??

Regards tuxen
Accessing Netflix this way are you able to stream HD audio?

I currently use XBMCFlix and it works very well, however even when the content is marked as "HD" by netflix, the sound is never streamed in anything else but Stereo.

I am able to hear multichannel audio from other sources (Movies, TV Shows).
jhusch Wrote:Accessing Netflix this way are you able to stream HD audio?

I currently use XBMCFlix and it works very well, however even when the content is marked as "HD" by netflix, the sound is never streamed in anything else but Stereo.

Hi jhusch,
I have an older highend stereo system so i really don't know.
But I can tell you that it has absolutely nothing todo with the snetflix.exe.
If anything it must be the WMC Plugin, have you configured WMC with the correct number of speakers? Press backspace once in the Netflix and go to settings in WMC.

I'm only just beginning to look around for a surround setup, so I would not be able to tell you in quite a while if I get the same "bug".

Hmm.. Maybe I can borrow a USB surround card to morrow, hack something togheter to get sound and see what happens.

I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW. I assume you do not have the problem playing the movies directly in a browser?
Anyways check the WMC setting. Smile
Regards tuxen.
tuxen Wrote:Hi jhusch,
I have an older highend stereo system so i really don't know.
But I can tell you that it has absolutely nothing todo with the snetflix.exe.
If anything it must be the WMC Plugin, have you configured WMC with the correct number of speakers? Press backspace once in the Netflix and go to settings in WMC.

I'm only just beginning to look around for a surround setup, so I would not be able to tell you in quite a while if I get the same "bug".

Hmm.. Maybe I can borrow a USB surround card to morrow, hack something togheter to get sound and see what happens.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards tuxen.

Oh I havent configured it yet Smile I will tonight when I get home. I know with the HDMI Audio as far as windows is concerned it only "sees" two speakers. However when you play a HD audio source my Receiver is able to decode it.

When I configure this tonight I will post and let you know what I find out!
Thanks.. I like to know to. Smile
Oh and BTW. For everyones information. I put all updates in the first post.. Heh.

Regards tuxen
jhusch Wrote:Accessing Netflix this way are you able to stream HD audio?

I believe the only Netflix capable of steaming 5.1 audio is the PS3. I know when they announced that 5.1 the PS3 was the only device mentioned by name, stating that other devices would be coming soon.

I just did a google search to see if this had changed, but I couldn't find anything conclusive.

I'm pretty sure that pc/macs aren't on their high priority list because most people using those devices are using crappy laptop speakers.

I have been using Netflix streaming on htpcs for almost 4 years and have never gotten a 5.1 audio stream no matter what I've used to access it.
stardog05 Wrote:I believe the only Netflix capable of steaming 5.1 audio is the PS3. I know when they announced that 5.1 the PS3 was the only device mentioned by name, stating that other devices would be coming soon.

I just did a google search to see if this had changed, but I couldn't find anything conclusive.

I'm pretty sure that pc/macs aren't on their high priority list because most people using those devices are using crappy laptop speakers.

I have been using Netflix streaming on htpcs for almost 4 years and have never gotten a 5.1 audio stream no matter what I've used to access it.

Like you I could not find anything conclusive.
But everywere you read it seems to be expected for most if not all systems late this year. It also seems there an old site about some conversion for some dodgy surround: http://2011/02/netflix-tip-how-to-get-su...sound.html
Have not read it.

I'd like to hear about the results though. Smile

Regards tuxen
Tuxen,

I am having a hard time finding a pre-eden executor, any tips?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.3