• 5(current)
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.
Hi TerranQ,
Actually I have some work in progress on that subject, as you might have figured out by my spelling I'm not a US citizen either.

Check out: http://81.161.149.87:8080/updmce/

As I said its work in progress and I'll make a post when I'm satisfied with it. :) But feel free to beta test with free proxy services.

Best regards tuxen
Thank You Kindly Tuxen
ysutarko Wrote:Thank You Kindly Tuxen

You are welcome, helping each other out is a part of what life's about.
If more people thought like that the world might even be a better place to live.
Threat others as you would like to be treated. Very simple, yet it seems to be popular to be an asshole now a days. Heh..

Regards tuxen
tuxen Wrote:Hi TerranQ,
Actually I have some work in progress on that subject, as you might have figured out by my spelling I'm not a US citizen either.

Check out: http://81.161.149.87:8080/updmce/

As I said its work in progress and I'll make a post when I'm satisfied with it. Smile But feel free to beta test with free proxy services.

Best regards tuxen

If anyone tries this, I would really be glad to have some comments on how it went..
It should work with the free hotspot shield to, if some can live with that: http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/

Regards tuxen
Tuxen this amazing. It works perfectly. Would it be possible to alter the code to pull up the music player in Windows Media Center?

I am going to try to figure it out on my own but figured I could ask first.

As is I use Rhapsody for my music and can download all the songs for "offline" playback. Currently, I pass them to Windows Media Player one song at a time via the playercore and then hit escape on the remote when I want to go to another song. A bit of pain but works. If it was possible to bring up the music entry within Windows Media Center it would by-pass a lot of setting issues.
I've seen similar guides before (thought yours is much more straightforward), but I haven't tried it because my understanding was because I have a Canadian netflix account, I would still be unable to access Netflix using the WMC plugin. I'll give it a go tonight and see how it works. Thanks for the link

EDIT:
OK, I tried it, but I don't have the netflix plugin. Tried a couple times, double checked everything

EDIT:
Never mind, got it working. I had to uninstall WMC, restart, then delete the ehome folder. Reinstall WMC, run update (twice-netflix didn't show up the first time) and it all works. Thanks Tuxen!

EDIT:
And a new problem. Whenever I select something to play, it brings up a login screen, but I'm unable to type anything in the login boxes. I've already logged in in IE and prompted it to remember me
statious Wrote:Tuxen this amazing. It works perfectly. Would it be possible to alter the code to pull up the music player in Windows Media Center?

I am going to try to figure it out on my own but figured I could ask first.

As is I use Rhapsody for my music and can download all the songs for "offline" playback. Currently, I pass them to Windows Media Player one song at a time via the playercore and then hit escape on the remote when I want to go to another song. A bit of pain but works. If it was possible to bring up the music entry within Windows Media Center it would by-pass a lot of setting issues.

Here you go friend: http://81.161.149.87:8080/wmcmusic/
The smusic.exe, smusic.ini and splash.jpg functions the same way as in the netflix version.
You will have to find a backdrop for XBMC for yourself though, if you want such a thing. :)

EDIT: It's still there.

Best regards tuxen
TerranQ Wrote:I've seen similar guides before (thought yours is much more straightforward), but I haven't tried it because my understanding was because I have a Canadian netflix account, I would still be unable to access Netflix using the WMC plugin. I'll give it a go tonight and see how it works. Thanks for the link

EDIT:
OK, I tried it, but I don't have the netflix plugin. Tried a couple times, double checked everything

EDIT:
Never mind, got it working. I had to uninstall WMC, restart, then delete the ehome folder. Reinstall WMC, run update (twice-netflix didn't show up the first time) and it all works. Thanks Tuxen!

EDIT:
And a new problem. Whenever I select something to play, it brings up a login screen, but I'm unable to type anything in the login boxes. I've already logged in in IE and prompted it to remember me

Oh, I was not aware that you could access Netflix from canada in a browser, is that my right understanding now?

Anyways;
Try going into control panel-->programs and then remove only the Netflix plugin for WMC it should be listed seperatly. Then startup WMC again, the netflix icon should still be there! Go click on it, and it will download the plugin from scratch again and letting you input username and password directly in WMC, with a box to remember..

Maybe it's worth a try. :)

Best regards tuxen
Yeah, I tried that. It remembers me, I can browse the selections-my name is displayed in the top right corner to show I'm signed in, but if I select something to view, it brings me to a browser login page, but I'm unable to type anything.

It seems to be a common problem, but the posted solutions don't work for me.

It works fine on my browsers (Chrome and IE9) though. I have full access to netflix.com instead of netflix.ca.

Frustrating, I'm sure there's some simple little solution. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WMC Netflix plugin, silverlight, and even java. Same exact problem
Hi TerranQ,
How frustrating.. Unfourtunatly I don't think I can be of much help here.
I live in a 3'rd world country regarding streaming internet services, they are so much behind that I have to pose as a US citizen to get Netflix or any other streaming TV services. My fee to the cable TV is sky high about 3xtimes what a netflix account cost for like 10 shitty channels, and I can't even get out of it, it's mandatory. It's unbelieveable that such monopoly is allowed exist nowadays.

Anyways if I hear or see anything regarding your problem, I will pass it on to you..

Best regards tuxen
Sounds good. Thanks tuxen
Tuxen Thank you very much for taking the extra time here. Going to set it up tonight.
statious Wrote:Tuxen Thank you very much for taking the extra time here. Going to set it up tonight.

If it's not not much to ask, please post a comment on how it went,
and if I understood you correctly on what you wanted the script/exe to do for you. :)

Best regards tuxen
tuxen Wrote:Here you go friend: http://81.161.149.87:8080/wmcmusic/
The smusic.exe, smusic.ini and splash.jpg functions the same way as in the netflix version.
You will have to find a backdrop for XBMC for yourself though, if you want such a thing. Smile

Best regards tuxen

Cool... would it be easy to do something similar providing a work through to WMC's sports scores? If not, no big deal, just thought I'd ask... Still lovin' the Netflix work around. Thanks again!

OR does anyone know of an equally smooth/reliable sports score plugin for XBMC?
jaydash Wrote:Cool... would it be easy to do something similar providing a work through to WMC's sports scores? If not, no big deal, just thought I'd ask... Still lovin' the Netflix work around. Thanks again!

OR does anyone know of an equally smooth/reliable sports score plugin for XBMC?

Though my interest is elsewhere, and thereby answering your second question, I'm willing to give it a try with WMC. :) Hold on for a day or so, and I'll see how it goes.

Best regards tuxen
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.3