ATV2 puts no picture out anymore
Hi,

I've been following this forum for quite a time. JB my ATV2 with 4.2.1 and installed XBMC. Everything was working pretty good. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and now it seems that its no longer putting out any picture via HDMI. I can SSH to that little thing but I don't get any picture on my HDTV TV anymore :-(

any suggestions?
malgates Wrote:Hi,

I've been following this forum for quite a time. JB my ATV2 with 4.2.1 and installed XBMC. Everything was working pretty good. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and now it seems that its no longer putting out any picture via HDMI. I can SSH to that little thing but I don't get any picture on my HDTV TV anymore :-(

any suggestions?

Someone has to say it - maybe try switching it off at the wall and on again?

any suggestions?

i had that problem myself, the only way i got round it was to restore and re jailbreak.

any suggestions?

try

Code:
$ mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC.old
$ killall AppleTV

an then restart XBMC. Maybe the config is br0ken somehow...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Do you see the Apple logo while the ATV is booting? I had the problem, that I could see the boot logo but after booting my TV whould show "No Signal" Error. I had changed the SSID of my wifi. I hooked up the ATV to internet via ethernet instead of wifi and it worked. It seems to not display anything if it has no internet connection... After correcting the wifi settings it would work again without ethernet connected.
I've had that problem twice. No clue what it was. First time I restored and rejailbroke. Second time I just unplugged everything overnight and plugged it back in the next day and everything worked fine
the syslog could have some messages which give us more hints - first link in my sig tells you how to obtain the syslog ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 puts no picture out anymore0