Import scraper data to atv2
Hi

I am experiencing som problems when I try to import my XBMC database from my pc onto my atv2.

I have XBMC installed on my windows pc, and i have scraped the data from all my movies on my nas.
I then export the xbmc db and try to import it on my atv2.
The import itself goes well, and i can see all my movies + scraped data under the movies tab.
However the data doesnt seem to be mapped to the actual movie files.
When i try to play a movie from my movie tab, im told that the file can't be found.
I have added the same movie sources on my atv2 as i have on my pc.
If I try to update the movie db on the atv2, it starts to scrape alle the data again, and the movies are listed twice in the movie list.

So it seems to be a mapping problem between my imported db and the videosource (and files).

What am i doing wrong?

Best Regards
Glacier.
Glacier Wrote:Hi

I am experiencing som problems when I try to import my XBMC database from my pc onto my atv2.

I have XBMC installed on my windows pc, and i have scraped the data from all my movies on my nas.
I then export the xbmc db and try to import it on my atv2.
The import itself goes well, and i can see all my movies + scraped data under the movies tab.
However the data doesnt seem to be mapped to the actual movie files.
When i try to play a movie from my movie tab, im told that the file can't be found.
I have added the same movie sources on my atv2 as i have on my pc.
If I try to update the movie db on the atv2, it starts to scrape alle the data again, and the movies are listed twice in the movie list.

So it seems to be a mapping problem between my imported db and the videosource (and files).

What am i doing wrong?

Best Regards
Glacier.

upload your logs
Im at work, so ill upload it when im home again.

However, im was wonderin if it is supposed to work this way.
Should i be able to export my windows db and import in on my atv2, witout any additional configuration? as long as my mounts are called the same?
You even don't need to add the sources on the ATV2. Are you sure you used your remote source on Windows when scraping and not the local drives?

Else it could be in the DB are pathes like "c:\Movies\stuff" and of course the ATV2 couldn't open that one then ...

PS: Same would happen if you used the ip 127.0.0.1 on your windows if it is shared local. Then ATV2 would try to connect to itself and fail aswell ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah i have used a remote source.
if i check the imported movieinfo the path to the file is correct (points to tne nas server).

When I do an import should the sources be imported aswell? (they arent).

but it shoulds like theres is something wrong, so ill upload the log when i get home.
No the sources won't be imported. But you don't need them if you want to play from the DB (because the pathes are already there in the db). Sources are only needed for file mode access or scraping ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hmm..

The idea is, that i would to import the db to the atv2, and in the future it will do the scraping (im not gonna use the windows machine anymore).
So i would need to be able to continue to update the imported db through scraping.
This is also an issue, since when i start the scraper it makes new entries for all my movies, so they appear twice in the db.
waiting for the log then ...
i cleaned my db, delete all my sources and then i imported the db.

this is what i get: http://pastebin.com/RpA4JKRz

The i cleaned the db again, added my sources and did another import.

and i get the exact same thing: http://pastebin.com/5SKvbi6y

and the server info is correct, since when i ask xbmc to search for new content it starts to add all the movie, as if they werent added in the db.
Memphiz Wrote:You even don't need to add the sources on the ATV2. Are you sure you used your remote source on Windows when scraping and not the local drives?

Else it could be in the DB are pathes like "c:\Movies\stuff" and of course the ATV2 couldn't open that one then ...

PS: Same would happen if you used the ip 127.0.0.1 on your windows if it is shared local. Then ATV2 would try to connect to itself and fail aswell ...
Memphiz, just to clarify--if we have the library set up as a MySQL database with all the paths to the file sources in that database, what's the "best way" to go about adding/scraping/updating movie and TV show info in it if we add some videos? Not phpmyadmin, surely Smile But what's the best way to do that? Would be nice to just have to worry about caretaking the MySQL database and not deal with sources at all.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I solved one problem now.
It seemed to be the export from the windows client, who screwed it up.
I scraped the data on my mac and exported it, and now the mapping is working.

However now a new problem have appeared.
Fanart and thumbnails are not imported into the db even though they are in the exported data.

http://pastebin.com/N7QJs3QB

What could be my problem?
not quiet sure what the question is... don't you want the fanart stuff?
i want fanart and thumbnails, and when i export the db from my mac, both fanart and thumbs are exported as they should be.
But when i import the db on my atv2, the fanart and thumbs arent imported.
Only the actor-thumbs are copied to the thumbs folder.
Ahh now ... i got you ... you better edit your first post ... the "not" was missing there Wink

A xbmc.log from the importing might be helpfull. Might be a permission thing on the atv2 if you e.x. messed with user root in the XBMC preferences dir...
Yeah i noticed that Tongue

This log should contain the import: http://pastebin.com/N7QJs3QB

I havent messed with the user root in the XBMC preferences dir.

If i let the atv2 scrape the movies from scratch, it has no problem getting the thumbs and fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import scraper data to atv20