ATV2 Advancedsettings.xml not working
I installed xbmc on ATV2 and PC. Advancedsettings.xml work normally on PC, same file does not work on ATV2.

any solution?
wave your wand, say abrakadabra really loud and slaughter a sheep in honor of the gods.

or provide.. you know.. ANY information we can help you based on.
My file is called 'advancedsettings.xml' and not 'Advancedsettings.xml'

Could that be it? If not, please provide the file and the xbmc.log
Yep its case sensitive on atv2 ... fuckin windows doesn't care about caseing *grrr* ... so rename it to advancedsettings.xml (all lower case)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
spiff Wrote:wave your wand, say abrakadabra really loud and slaughter a sheep in honor of the gods.

or provide.. you know.. ANY information we can help you based on.

I can confirm that slaughtering a sheep does NOT fix this Laugh
Also, If I'm not mistaken the advancedsettings.xml just work on the nightlies?? Is that correct??
Thumbs Up 
Ok l been at this for few days thru still not working. l am using the latest nighty bulit. l am trying to work the music and l have it as

<audio>

<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>

</audio>

I save the as encoded utf-8 it in the folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

also how to you add more to line if l wanted to add something down the road.

Thanks
Sib2003 Wrote:Ok l been at this for few days thru still not working. l am using the latest nighty bulit. l am trying to work the music and l have it as

<audio>

<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>

</audio>

I save the as encoded utf-8 it in the folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

also how to you add more to line if l wanted to add something down the road.

Thanks

Pretty sure the latest nightly fixes the music playback so you don't have to add that into advancedsettings.xml. Anyway, to avoid confusion with encoding, use nano and edit the file directly on the atv via putty...

apt-get install nano
nano /private/var/moblie/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
shanewilliams Wrote:Also, If I'm not mistaken the advancedsettings.xml just work on the nightlies?? Is that correct??

you would be mistaken. advancedsettings.xml has existed for some time for XBMC. It's been available since at least 2006, which is when the XBMC Wiki entry was created on it.
ok l have added. apt-get install nano. now how l use it..
Ned Scott Wrote:you would be mistaken. advancedsettings.xml has existed for some time for XBMC. It's been available since at least 2006, which is when the XBMC Wiki entry was created on it.

Thanks for clearing that up. Big Grin
Can confirm I'm seing this problem too: current stable build (Dharma) on ATV2.

In "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata"/ I've created (via nano) a new "advancesettings.xml" file (& had the sense to `chown mobile:mobile advancesettings.xml`), containing the data:
Code:
<!-- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml -->
<advancedsettings>

<nodvdrom>

<videoscanner>
    <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos -->
  </videoscanner>

<network>
<!--    <cachemembuffersize>5242880</cachemembuffersize>-->
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

I did this because I'm importing/loading new content over SBM/CIFS shares over my network & was constantly getting the error "Unable to connect to remote server \n Would you like to continue scanning?".
I assumed that this setting would suppress such errors with a default "yes" response so that I can at least get my data loaded.

I'm guessing that BXMC on ATV2 is not loading this file; I'll have to make some other changes to confirm this definitively.

Until then I'll hav to keep pressing ""->Yes" every minute or 2.

(btw. isn't there maybe a CLI command I can issue to do this without the GUI?)
You could just update to the nightly build which does not have that problem with the scrapers. Then you would not need the option. It is so much better it is not funny.

Also it is advancedsettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Advancedsettings.xml not working0