XBMC will not play any movies
Hello guys
this is my first thread in here, so be nice to me. Laugh

okay i just bought Apple TV 2, and installed Nito TV and downloaded XBMC. i added the ip adress for my computer, to my sourcelist on XBMC, i used SMB for windows(i have mac), and now i can find my movies and etc. i got mkv, iso and avi formats.. when i go into the movie part ind XBMC and want to play a movie, the movie doesn't start..

in the bottom right corner it says "Working" and after a few it says on the screen "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details".

i dont know what its wrong? i tried both installing automatic and manuel with Terminal, and i also restored my apple tv few times..

my log file is here: http://pastebin.com/n3SpX5H1
You seem to play encrypted dvd images (which is not supported on atv2/ios) or a blueray iso (which seems to be broken on atv2 as of your log - thx for that ...)

And you might be running samba on a lion mac? Then this is broken. Have a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum about sharing with lion then...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello

i dont know about the disks are encrypteded, i downloaded from a torrentsite..

yea i think its Samba, when i search for my Mac with XBMC it says something with SAMBA..

is it bad or anyway out of it?
BTW; do i have to install SAMBA or? i really dont get it, sorry..
I have the same problem, I new to XBMC also, I have VOB files decrypted with DVD shrink. I use a synology DS410 with SMB. I can see al my movie in XBMC on my apple TV2 but i can't play any of those. For some i get no reaction for others it says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"

I don't know how to see the log file on the apple TV.

thanks
jpcolin Wrote:I have the same problem, I new to XBMC also, I have VOB files decrypted with DVD shrink. I use a synology DS410 with SMB. I can see al my movie in XBMC on my apple TV2 but i can't play any of those. For some i get no reaction for others it says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"

I don't know how to see the log file on the apple TV.

thanks

check memphiz's signature - there is a link to the info about the logs. Like he says, check the sticky threads regarding OSX Lion and samba.
TripleA: does your mac run Mac OS X 10.7 (also known as Lion)?
Hello

Yes it does. 10.7.1
Then there are no logs needed anymore. You have to use something other then SAMBA (SMB) because Apple made it incompatible in 10.7.x ...

once again - see the sticky thread at the top of this forum which handles exactly this problem.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
rickrude Wrote:check memphiz's signature - there is a link to the info about the logs. Like he says, check the sticky threads regarding OSX Lion and samba.

I don't have OSX Lion, I tried to convert a movie in mkv and this one plays fine!
should i play the ifo file or the first vob file btw?
shouldn't that work?
Post a log. You have provided no information except that you are trying to play a ripped dvd image.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not play any movies0