SLINGBOX via XBMC - has glitches
So I can get the SLINGBOX to work via XBMC, but I still have problems. Let me be clear IT IS FUNCTIONAL, but will not stay that way.

1) After using the built in setup routine for the slingbox, to kick the slingbox into internet mode. Said internet mode only lasts a few hours. I set the PORT and the SLINGBOX address. Then I double check the router is opening the port for UDP and TCP communication, and it is.

2) Then I have to go back into the slingbox and reset it to internet mode. If I loose connectivity. Lucky I can, as I have remote access to a PC on the remote slingbox network. And I use that to reset the slingbox.

3) My slingbox is remote two states over at my girlfriends house.

So whay am I loosing connectivity through the internet? I have another slingbox application (JAKSTA) that will remotely connect at any time. And gives me no grief. Theis other application just keeps working.
Just out of curiosity since I'm having trouble getting mine even set up, can you explain something to me? I go to Video --> Add Source --> then I click where it says None and am prompted to Enter path -> I type sling://administrator:[email protected]/input and it tells me it is unable to connect or retrieve directory information.

Is this how you went about adding the source? Am I doing something wrong?
Using the Windows SlingPlayer application I'm able to connect and view. I can also see that I have the correct IP address and it's using the default 5001 port. Finally the password is definitely correct as well. So I must be doing something wrong.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I may be able to if I get it set up ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SLINGBOX via XBMC - has glitches0