Subtitle position selectable relative to video frame
Well, no matter what settings I use, the subs are always in the same place on every single subtitled movie, so I guess I'm out of luck. This was the only reason I switched to a nightly, and I'm having audio sync problems now, so I guess I'll just head back to Dharma and watch subtitled 2.35 movies manually with MPC.
Hi,

I was just wondering... I love the "bottom of video" option that is always relative to the actual video - very good!!
However, I think it is too tight and I wish to add some space between the subtitles and the actual bottom of the video.
I know that it can be done in the "manual" fixed mode (default), but then it does not change with different aspect ratios....

Is it possible? If not, can that "position offset" parameter be added in the future?

thanks
(2015-06-14, 20:15)omriamos Wrote: Hi,

I was just wondering... I love the "bottom of video" option that is always relative to the actual video - very good!!
However, I think it is too tight and I wish to add some space between the subtitles and the actual bottom of the video.
I know that it can be done in the "manual" fixed mode (default), but then it does not change with different aspect ratios....

Is it possible? If not, can that "position offset" parameter be added in the future?

thanks

It will now for the upcoming Kodi v15. By default, the calibration line will be set by the bottom of the video itself rather than the bottom of the screen. An advancedsettings.xml (wiki) tag can be used to change it back to the bottom of the screen for those who want that behavior.
great news!
Is it already implemented in the beta? I'm currently using v15 (beta 1, will update to beta 2 soon) but the calibration line is still set by the bottom of the screen..
(2015-06-15, 01:30)omriamos Wrote: great news!
Is it already implemented in the beta? I'm currently using v15 (beta 1, will update to beta 2 soon) but the calibration line is still set by the bottom of the screen..

I think it is only implemented for ASS subtitles.
Quote:<assfixedworks>false</assfixedworks>
(2015-06-15, 16:47)Kib Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 01:30)omriamos Wrote: great news!

I think it is only implemented for ASS subtitles.
Quote:<assfixedworks>false</assfixedworks>

hmm... any technical reason for this?
most (all) of my subtitles are in .sub/.srt format...
So... Kodi 15 final is out, but the problem is not solved.
If it's really only relevant to ASS subtitles - why?
what you requested has not been implemented. not for ass nor for any other type of subtitle.
So what Ned Scott is talking about?
Good question. I think he mixed this up with some other feature which allows displaying SSA subs in the black bars outside of video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle position selectable relative to video frame0