• 25(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
Getting script error when trying to refresh TV shows or movies
(2012-03-23, 01:12)zuditechguy Wrote: Getting script error when trying to refresh TV shows or movies

Please post a DEBUG log file or nobody can really help you.

zuditechguy: indeed the scraper is broken.

I didn't plan to put any more work into this if they were going to completely switch to drm. They seem to have reversed this course for the time being.

I went ahead and put up new databases for TV and Movie that only has the current prime items in it. I don't know what the best option is for maintaining this. It needs a different structure that is easier to maintain. Amazon really seems to design their site to be scrapper unfriendly and their api doesn't offer much meta-data on videos. It would be nice if they had an api like netflix.
BlueCop: I was looking for a guide on the Amazon API - what have you been using? Can you point me to a reference?
It has been scraping the site pages for their data to build databases.

here is info on their api.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/.../main.html

I am able to navigate Prime, start movies, Tv shows etc, add them to my favorites, but here is where I have a problem. when watching some thing if I stop it, or the show is over. I can't navigate to another movie or show. my direction buttons on the mouse do nothing. I am able to back all the way out to the main menu of xbmc and then I have to re-enter prime.

im running Eden, RC2 via xbmcfreak.

it doesn't seem like its crashing, i'll have to see if I can get a log and post it.

-=Jason=-
Hi-
Hopefully this hasnt already been answered a dozen times. I read through the thread extensively and did everything I could (I even checked with procmon to be sure which copy of librtmp was being used).

I'm getting the following http://pastebin.com/dC2CT65q

From my own research it looks like what occured when using an old version of librtmp, but I'm definitely not. I've got the file from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/ specifically http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/download/rt...-win32.zip, which contains a readme stating its the required 2.4 version.

Just started using XMBC a day or two ago, planning out a new htpc setup, so I'm definitely new so please forgive any stupidity that should be obvious otherwise.
thanks -
Hi all,

So we have the classic web board with everything in one thread with no subthreads and updates to read first Sad
I really wish it had its own mailing list or own board with one thread per subject, including sticky threads with 'readme first' at the top.
It would save on the repeated posts and questions from people like me who can't be expected to read through tends of web pages to find important stuff buried in the middle somewhere, maybe.
I'm quite thankful that BlueCop wrote the plugin and is apparently trying to make it work again, and I realize he is likely busy trying to make it work again, but is there a way to just put a status update in somewhere people will find (maybe the first post) with what's broken, what's still working (if anything), and to tell people to help update the code, or hang tight?

So, my info in the meantime: I just installed xbmc 11 and the plugin in hopes to get to my amazon prime videos. From what I did read, it's already broken because amazon put DRM in the videos, I'm just not clear if it's all of them, or just a few. Do any videos work?

I get my login working I think because I can see the list of movies available, but of course, I can't play any at all.
Now, shouldn't 'my library' show me the movies I purchased? (it does not for me)
Also, shouldn't searching for videos work too? (it does not for me)
I did compile/install rtmpdump 2.4 just in case, although it seems it's built in eden 11, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Anyway, is the current state of things that everything has been broken due to amazon site changes?

Thanks,
Marc

1) My library gets
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/library/movie?show
bug does not show anything while the same URL works in my browser

2) Search fails with:
15:51:55 T:2904681328 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'a'
15:51:55 T:2904681328 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mythtv/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 53, in <module>
modes ( )
File "/home/mythtv/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 51, in modes
exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/mythtv/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/searchprime.py", line 44, in SEARCH_PRIME
url = video.find('div',attrs={'class':'title'}).a['href'] #
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'a'
15:51:55 T:3043490464 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon/?url="http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fs%3Fie%3DUTF8%26field-is_prime_benefit%3D1%26rh%3Dn%253A2858778011%252Ck%253A"&mode="searchprime"&sitemode="SEARCH_PRIME"&name="Search+Prime"

3) Play fails with:
15:53:27 T:2904681328 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
15:53:27 T:2904681328 ERROR: Error Contents: need more than 3 values to unpack
15:53:27 T:2904681328 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mythtv/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 53, in <module>
modes ( )
File "/home/mythtv/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 51, in modes
exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/mythtv/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/play.py", line 80, in PLAYVIDEO
rtmpurls, streamSessionID, cdn, title = GETSTREAMS(getstream)
ValueError: need more than 3 values to unpack
15:53:27 T:3043490464 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.amazon/?url="http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB001V98S2G"&mode="play"&name="1x1+-+Pilot"&sitemode="PLAYVIDEO"]

Enjoying this add-on.
It's a shame there isn't an official plug-in from Amazon for this.
marcmerlin: thanks for detailing your issues. I wasn't aware of the search problem.

it seems some purchased videos are still drm. They seem to have opened up the prime one though. I haven't hit any drm videos in the prime library lately. I don't watch enough of them to have a large sample though.

I didn't want to devote any time to this if it was slowly dieing. It seems to have reversed course earlier this month though. I just haven't had time to do much to update it. I made some updated prime libraries so they didn't have content they removed.

The prime library has been working fine for me the past couple weeks. same of the owned television library I have. I don't own any movies so I can't attest to those. some people have has problem with purchased drm content.

I would need more complete logs to diagnose your issue. please post them to pastebin and link to them on the forum. I need complete logs from the start of the plug-in.

I am almost certain your log-in is incorrect because of the my library behavior.
Hi BlueCop, thanks for your answer.

Ok, so my login and password were good because I did get an error message when they weren't. Now, I can actually see my two purchased movies, I just can't play them (I had to restart xbmc for this to work, go figure). It may be that I hit a bug where the code didn't recover from an improper login I did without the code having to be restarted.

Here's an example of movie not playing:
http://pastebin.com/JEBmwyTV
Is this the signature of a DRM problem?
17:11:58 T:2958859120 ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
17:11:58 T:2958859120 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for rtmpe://184.84.222.183:1935/ondemand?

For search, you basically just said that you see that it is broken for you too, and need no other info, correct?

I tried streaming TV content instead, and that worked, so it looks like the default setup works, thanks Smile

So, if I can recap:
a) search is broken for now, not a huge deal, and you can reproduce
b) purchased video menu works but the 2 free videos I 'purchased' (made by amazon) don't play, maybe because they have DRM
c) I can play random TV and movie content I can find in the menus as long as I don't use search

Thanks for your reply and providing the plugin.

I know you're likely busy with the code and your personal life, but could I suggest that you post a quick status page maybe on http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-repo/ or elsewhere appropriate so that people can find quickly current information and not bother everyone with duplicate posts and problems that are known? (I'm especially thinking of the slashdot crowd that will show up now that eden 11 was just announced).

You may also post a quick note that you don't have time to look at issues/bugs posted on code.google.com if that is indeed the case Smile

Cheers, Marc

Stuff that was working yesterday for me is no longer working. When I play it says it has Flash Access DRM. So I'm guessing Amazon went back to DRM.
Same here - the script says for some content: "This video uses FLASH_ACCESS DRM'
I thought there is flash on the apple tv?!? Am I wrong?
(2012-03-27, 00:56)MoeDee Wrote: Same here - the script says for some content: "This video uses FLASH_ACCESS DRM'

It has nothing to do with the Apple TV. Something has changed on Amazon's end. I even tried using rtmpdump (which has worked in the past) to save a file and it wouldn't work. It streams and saves the FLV file, but there's some kind of DRM on the file itself it seems as it won't open at all. And just for reference I've done the exact same thing before and the resulting FLV would play fine after using ffmpeg to repack it as an MP4.
(2012-03-27, 01:31)DeadpoolSA Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 00:56)MoeDee Wrote: Same here - the script says for some content: "This video uses FLASH_ACCESS DRM'

It has nothing to do with the Apple TV. Something has changed on Amazon's end. I even tried using rtmpdump (which has worked in the past) to save a file and it wouldn't work. It streams and saves the FLV file, but there's some kind of DRM on the file itself it seems as it won't open at all. And just for reference I've done the exact same thing before and the resulting FLV would play fine after using ffmpeg to repack it as an MP4.

So far, Amazon is still working for me. What videos are you having issues with? I'm generally curious how Amazon could implement DRM on their side that requires flash without impacting the roku box.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14