• 39(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
What downloads are you talking about? I have no idea what you mean. The streaming quality is limited by amazon.
I'm sorry i meant The streaming quality. Any movie i pick plays in SD. Even if the title says it is in HD
Ok. Yes they limit all movies to SD quality for browser streaming. The plugin plays streams the same way the browser would. That limit is in place from amazon probably due to deals with the Studios. HD version are available in many of their living room apps on various platforms. I have looked into authenticating as a living room device to enable HD movie streaming. It is much more complicated then the web browser. I have to reverse their various keys and tokens to make proper requests. That isn't even a guarantee of that it would work for everyone. Many times these services require the Unique ID of the device to associate with the account. This would cause more even more issues.

Fortunately they do allow HD streams on the TV shows.
Thank You very much for your help
Bluecop,

After installing the plugin for the first time when I try to browse Movies or TV or populate the db via the context menu I get an error. In XBMC's log file I see:

15:20:28 T:6472 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
15:20:28 T:6472 ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\xxxxxx\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.amazon\\tv0.db')
Hello Bluecop!

I installed this add-on almost a month ago and I still can't seem to get anything to play. Hopefully you (or someone else) can point me in the right direction.

So, when I click on a movie I get the "Opening Stream" box briefly then I get the "Working…" (in the lower right corner) which spins for about 3 minutes then results with the error message:

Quote:Playback failed: One or more of the items failed to play. Check the log file for details.

I had a similar issue with another add-on that was resolved by lowering the default stream quality (somehow that worked around an unsupported audio codec). I tried the same trick to no avail.

Check out the log: http://pastebin.com/GKHfjRuX

I noticed some of the errors in the log report a possible connection problem. For example:

Quote:19:16:47 T:3047160688 ERROR: RTMP_Connect0, failed to connect socket. 110 (Connection timed out)

BTW, if I load a browser (Chromium) up in XBMC via "Advanced Launcher," I am able to play movies directly from Amazon's website without a problem.

I'm not sure what to make of it …suggestions?
(2012-08-24, 22:43)rziulek Wrote: Hi Bluecop. Kudos on the Amazon addin. Thank you for doing this.

One small item. When accessing TV series, the episodes shown in each season seem to be limited to the first 20 of the season. Many shows have more than 20 episodes in a season. Is there a way to get all available TV episodes within each season ?

Thanks

I am having a similar problem where all the episodes are not showing up. i first noticed this when watching season 7 of Star Trek Voyager. Amazons website has all the episodes but they do no seem to be showing up through the xbmc plugin.

UPDATE: forgot to mention that the search method for star trek voyager mentioned earlier in the thread worked, but was hoping there was a new way to scan for all episodes so that we wouldnt have to do this whenever watching a new show.

Thanks for the stellar work!
(2012-09-08, 21:52)sonofmogh Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 22:43)rziulek Wrote: Hi Bluecop. Kudos on the Amazon addin. Thank you for doing this.

One small item. When accessing TV series, the episodes shown in each season seem to be limited to the first 20 of the season. Many shows have more than 20 episodes in a season. Is there a way to get all available TV episodes within each season ?

Thanks

I am having a similar problem where all the episodes are not showing up. i first noticed this when watching season 7 of Star Trek Voyager. Amazons website has all the episodes but they do no seem to be showing up through the xbmc plugin.

UPDATE: forgot to mention that the search method for star trek voyager mentioned earlier in the thread worked, but was hoping there was a new way to scan for all episodes so that we wouldnt have to do this whenever watching a new show.

Thanks for the stellar work!
I am seeing the same 20 episode limit too. You can see this with star trek deep space 9, on my panny tv the amazon application can get beyond 20 but the xbmc amazon plug in stops @20 episodes.

Thanks
Nice Plugin working great on my newly upgraded Eden install.
Signed up for Prime and everything is working great.
A couple of questions though.
When i click on any movie or TV show, it just plays. No mention on whether its free or what the cost is.

Cant turn this loose on the family without knowing if im going to end up with extra charges or not.
What im doing is searching on amazon to see if its free and then going back and click on the Movie.
Other than using "Search Prime" (which i assume means all the free offerings) i dont see of another way to know.
Anyone have a better way?
Bluecop - just a small note that I have the same issue as subxinu. I looked at the log files and getting what seems to be the same key errors. I can submit a log if you need to see it too. Note I have an ATV2.
(2012-09-17, 00:58)LOTL Wrote: Nice Plugin working great on my newly upgraded Eden install.
Signed up for Prime and everything is working great.
A couple of questions though.
When i click on any movie or TV show, it just plays. No mention on whether its free or what the cost is.

Cant turn this loose on the family without knowing if im going to end up with extra charges or not.
What im doing is searching on amazon to see if its free and then going back and click on the Movie.
Other than using "Search Prime" (which i assume means all the free offerings) i dont see of another way to know.
Anyone have a better way?

This plugin has no way to purchase any movie/TV show.. so if you select it, and it works, it's part of the Amazon Prime freebies; if you get the trailer for the video/movie/TV show, it may or may not be free, and would need more research.

So, yes, I'd let the kids at it and not worry about any purchasing of videos.
Tested on latest android build (Nexus 7/Tegra 3). It works until it requests a stream - then it crashes XMBC. Android does not currently have a native Amazon Video app (outside of the kindle framework based app which imho doesn't count as android).
Hi bluecop, this is an excellent plugin. thanks for creating it its awesome. Is there anyway we can send you a donation?
I've been running into issues playing back tv shows via the amazon plugin on my ATV2. I've tried both SD and HD - I managed to get SD to work for one episode after hitting retry multiple times, but that was it. Most of the time I get the error message that the video couldn't be played, check the log. Occasionally it just fails silently.

I've attached the log from an instance where it failed:

http://pastebin.com/jQ4brTT0

And the one part where it succeeded:

http://pastebin.com/1WLESbbd

Any thoughts?
I have Amazon Prime and just tried to play Super 8, and it shows the trailer/preview instead of the movie. The amazon.com web site says it is $0.00 for Prime members. I tried all 4 bitrates with the same results.

Edit: Could be that my wife is the primary Prime account, and I was trying to use mine instead. Turns out that secondary Prime account designees are not eligible for Amazon Prime Instant Video benefits. Haven't had a chance to test with my wife's account yet.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14