• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
A 1-to-N relationship is basically when you have one "parent" record, and a bunch of child ones. That's really an awful explanation, but I think this example will make up for it:

Each user has N instant messaging handles.

This would lead to a table structure like this:

Code:
create table users
(
username varchar(20)
, primary key (username)
);

create table im_handles
(
username varchar(20)
,imtype enum('aim','icq','irc','msn')
,imhandle varchar(20)
,primary key (username, imtype)
)

In that example, each user has 0 to N instant messaging handles. If that's not more clear, please say so and I'll try to explain a bit more. I've found this is the type of stuff you learn best by doing things and making mistakes, so it's a bit tough to explain.

This might help you: http://www.phlonx.com/resources/nf3/ , even if it only gives you the correct terminology to look at other resources.

My reasoning behind having one table is you are never going to have one entry in 'movies' with two or more entries in 'moviedata'. The fact that they share a primary key would be a good indication to me that they should be in the same table.

As far as when you were populating them, I had just assumed you had two tables because you were retrieving data for them at two different times. It really has no bearing as to your tables.

I think I understand what you were intending with having one table with prime movies, and one with non-prime, but couldn't you accomplish the same with having a primeAvailable bool in the moviedata table?
BlueCop Wrote:cmo1982: it seems to be a bug in handling redirects in python 2.4. The server sends a HTTP Error 302 Moved temporarily to redirect to the sign-in page. the redirected page has a space in it and it should be encoded as '%20' but isn't and throws an error because python wants it encoded correctly.

I can add an option to use the old login code for people using that version of python. It isn't as reliable. It also seems slower to me. I haven't actually timed it though.

which xbmc build are you using?

Sorry, I'm just getting back to your question, now. I've been using the baseline 10.1 build for Windows. Maybe I should just step up to a newer nightly build.

Anyone using a nightly build for windows that would be a good choice to step up to?

Thanks!
devicenull: thanks I get it now. Yes a boolean is much simpler. If I added an episodes table it would have an 1-to-N relationship with a row from the shows table.

I was looking at the xbmc database to imitate somewhat.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=The_XBMC_Database

cmo1982: sorry I meant to have an option to use the old login code. I will include that in the next update. I am not sure how to fix the issue and still use mechanize.
BlueCop Wrote:devicenull: thanks I get it now. Yes a boolean is much simpler. If I added an episodes table it would have an 1-to-N relationship with a row from the shows table.

I was looking at the xbmc database to imitate somewhat.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=The_XBMC_Database

Right, episodes to shows is a very good example of that. Glad to be of help Smile
Did another update. I added a watched and favor field. I also split tv shows into shows,seasons, and episode tables. It used to scrape episode information everytime but that is now cached for prime episodes.

You can favorite and unfavorite movies or tv shows with context menu items. You can also make watched or unwatched on episodes or movies. It will automatically marks played videos as watched. Watched videos will have the check mark next to them. only episodes and movies can be marked watched.

I have fields for watched and unwatched totals in seasons and shows. I just don't use them yet. I am going to write a command to update totals when an item is marked watched.

I am redoing the way my amazon library lists work so we just cache it all and update when needed. It is missing meta for shows and movies right now. It lists meta for episodes though.

There are also default views for movies,shows,seasons,episodes in the settings. This allows you to set a default confluence view for any of those media types listed by the plugin.

I also added context menu items to do database updates to the Television and Movie root items. I wouldn't use them right now because they don't provide proper feedback to the user to show them what it happening. I am adding a dialog with status updates of what is happening during the scan.

The TVDB data is already scanned into this database. The settings for displaying tvdb posters, tvdb banners, or amazon images images is in the settings and working.

I didn't think about it but i need to move the location of the db file because it gets deleted when updated. I am going to move it to addon settings location so it persists. I will need to update the code and any update will replace your database. So the watched and favorite features aren't very useful right now. I will update it later to have it move the db file so it persists.
BlueCop Wrote:download the repo file here

I keep getting a 404 error on the repo file. Is there a newer link to download it?
I was unhappy with the icons. I took an amazon svg logo and made some icons. I also made fanart. I was hoping to get some opinions on which icons they like.

http://imgur.com/a/FQikv

jonkeane: download it here. i will fix this link.
http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-re...loads/list

edit link fixed. somehow an errant d was in there.
Thanks for the constant work on this plugin and all your continual updates, just keeps getting better and better! I am getting more use out of Amazon Prime Instant Video in the past few weeks than I had in the previous several months.
I'd also like to add my thanks. I upgraded to a daily build of XBMC from 2 weeks ago, and this plugin is working much better for me, now. I really like the Favorites feature.
any opinions on the icons?

I like the first one the best, then the second one.
I like the fifth one.
Two and five look good
I committed an update that will copy the database to the addon settings so it persists between upgrades so your favorites and viewed history stays. I also flattened the season view if there is only one season. it will go directly to the episodes.

It also has some more options for editing the database that you can enable in the settings. you can rename/delete shows. I cleaned up a few show names so they were consistent. You can also refresh or update TVDB data on selected shows or do a full rescan of the library. This isn't needed though. It is only really used if you were to build the database from scratch. You can do that to but you need to delete the db and then run a full movie scan and full tv scan from their context items.

It should be updated rather then rebuilt. You can scan the last 12 movies added to the prime movies with context item on Movies. This should pick up new one if run monthly or so. They only seem to add a few per month. You could always do a full refresh which will look for any new items.
Does this plugin work on an XBMCFreak Live version? Dharma 10.1? The plugin loads but when i try to play something - it just goes from opening stream back to the menu...
Also - how do you check which librtmp version you are running - or how to update it in XBMCLive/Linux...?
Thanks
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14