• 38(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
Bluecop -

First, you are epic for this plugin.

I'm having a problem whenever I try to export Amazon content to the library on my mac. I get the "Script Failed : plugin.video.amazon" error. My logs show the error below. (It fills up more than the "code" block allows without scrolling. I've removed some blank lines, nothing else.)

I feel like I'm making an obvious mistake. Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Code:
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B000KWLRL4"']
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: common.args
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B000KWLRL4', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE:
                                            ====================AMAZON START====================
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/Movies/Clue (1985).strm')
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/xbmclibrary.py", line 98, in EXPORT_MOVIE
                                                SaveFile(strm_file, u, MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/xbmclibrary.py", line 32, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/Movies/Clue (1985).strm')
Hi, Bluecop. I hope I'm not bothering you, but I just installed your Amazon plugin recently and all I get when I try to use it is "FAILED TO LOGIN." I know I'm putting the correct login email and password into the add-on settings - I checked it several times and logged into the website with the same credentials. I installed the repository from the link at this site: http://www.howtogeek.com/1/13491/how-to-...o-on-xbmc/. I suppose it's possible that isn't the latest repo plugin, but wouldn't the repo then install the latest version?

I'm running XBMC on a Win7 x64 machine. XBMC is currently loaded on a shell-less account - meaning it loads XBMC and never loads MS Explorer. It's AMD 6-core with an Nvidia GPU. The network is wired and connected - I downloaded the plugins after all and attempted to connect immediately afterward. I'm also typing this post from the same machine.

Can you offer any help? Am I doing anything wrong?

UPDATE:

I figured out my problem. I was using the SUBSTITUTE string in my advancedsettings.xml file for addon settings to locate the settings in a centralized location rather than the local userdata folder. Every time I would attempt to edit the configuration settings it wouldn't save. I removed the substitution from the .xml file (which wasn't helping me anyway - I implemented it hoping that a change to one skin on one machine would affect the others as well but it didn't work) and the settings saved successfully. No help required here, thanks.
Is there a way to play HD movies on XMBC for the PC? Like for instance in the link below there's a blue banner at the top that says you can play the movie in HD on compatible devices, but it will not play in HD on my XBMC installation. The same movie does play in HD on my TV in the den though.

http://www.amazon.com/Vanilla-Sky/dp/B000IZ8VDK/
Hi Bluecop. Kudos on the Amazon addin. Thank you for doing this.

One small item. When accessing TV series, the episodes shown in each season seem to be limited to the first 20 of the season. Many shows have more than 20 episodes in a season. Is there a way to get all available TV episodes within each season ?

Thanks
(2012-08-09, 05:57)ZildjianLudwig Wrote: Bluecop -

First, you are epic for this plugin.

I'm having a problem whenever I try to export Amazon content to the library on my mac. I get the "Script Failed : plugin.video.amazon" error. My logs show the error below. (It fills up more than the "code" block allows without scrolling. I've removed some blank lines, nothing else.)

I feel like I'm making an obvious mistake. Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

Code:
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B000KWLRL4"']
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: common.args
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B000KWLRL4', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
23:50:10 T:2955980800  NOTICE:
                                            ====================AMAZON START====================
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/Movies/Clue (1985).strm')
23:50:10 T:2955980800   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/xbmclibrary.py", line 98, in EXPORT_MOVIE
                                                SaveFile(strm_file, u, MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/xbmclibrary.py", line 32, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.amazon/Movies/Clue (1985).strm')

I'm having this problem too. Otherwise this is an awesome plugin that's getting a lot more use in our home lately -- never realized there is so much great content on there for our kids to watch.
BLUECOP! You are the man. Thanks for this awesome piece of code. Makes my wife happy Wink

Just wondering if this add-on is supposed to give us access to all HD content. Most new content on Amazon has this notice

"HD movie playback is currently limited to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Roku or other Amazon Instant Video HD compatible devices"
For example The Artist:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EQI...gtv_hd_sib

This won't play for me. I just want to make sure this is normal and that nothing is wrong with my installation.

Thanks so much!
Any updates to the problem where only the trailers are playing for certain movies? For several weeks, we were watching Amazon Prime content with no problem. Then, some of the content that previously had played fine started pulling down only the trailer, not the full-length feature. Not rented movies, just the content freely available through Amazon Prime.

Some movies work fine, while others don't. For example, "What Dreams May Come" will only play the trailer, whereas "Speedracer: The Movie" plays the full movie.

I'm running OpenELEC 1.95.5 w/XBMC 11.0 on an Acer Revo RL-70.

it appears "What Dreams May Come" is no longer prime eligible.

there is a setting for to enable DB editing. You can delete the movie from the database via context items when this is enabled.
Got a couple questions that I tried searching for but didn't see any resolutions to so I just wanted to see if they are outstanding issues/limitations or just an error in my setup. I am exporting to my library and not playing the videos directly from the addon section just in case that makes a difference. I'm also experiencing these issues with the Hulu plugin as well

1. Items not marked as watched. When I finish a video it stays in my library. I can right click them and mark them as watched to hide them (Note that in the Hulu videos, they do seem to be getting removed from my Hulu queue correctly, just not the XBMC Library)
  2. Cannot resume videos. I expect it not to work in Hulu due to the commercials and how its split, not sure if its supposed to work in Amazon or not so wanted to ask.
  3. Pretty sure I had a third question I can't remember now so...nevermind

I looked at the log earlier when I was watching a show that was ending and nothing stood out but the next time I watch something from Amazon/Hulu I will save the log if its needed. Love the addons and appreciate all the effort, just wanted to make sure these were just "how it works" kind of things or if there was an issue with my configuration I have to look in to. Either way they are both fantastic pieces of work.

Edit: With debug logging on I do see a bunch of these sorts of entries:
Code:
13:19:40 T:2260   DEBUG: CSaveFileStateJob::DoWork - Saving file state for video item plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url="50066212"&mode="AD_play"&videoid="162422"&pod="2"&guid=""
13:19:40 T:2260   DEBUG: CSaveFileStateJob::DoWork - Marking video item plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url="50066212"&mode="AD_play"&videoid="162422"&pod="2"&guid="" as watched
13:19:40 T:2260   DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into files (idFile,idPath,strFileName) values(NULL, 394, 'plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url=\"50066212\"&mode=\"AD_play\"&videoid=\"162422\"&pod=\"2\"&guid=\"\"')

So I'm guessing the reason XBMC isn't marking is because its marking the plugin URL rather than the strm file thats int he folder and so its not recognizing it as being watched? (Note: I know the above post is from Hulu but I haven't watched anything from Amazon yet today, will report back if I do and notice any difference)
Small bug report:
Using Amazon Prime streaming, with the setting "Adjust Refresh Rate to Source" results in a brief display, followed by a crash back to the menu, with the following being the last entry in xbmc.log:
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

Turning this option off allows play without crashing.
I've installed the Amazon Add-on and it is working well. What I haven't been able to figure out is how to purchase or rent movies?
I've gone through about every menu I can find and still can't figure out how to perform a search/purchase paid video files.
In the Settings, I do have "Enable Purchases & Rentals Library" selected.

What's the trick?
You can't purchase in the plug-in. Too many potential issues. You have to use a browser to make purchases.
How do i get 720p or 1080p videos that are downloaded from amazon prime? Some of them say HD and all i am getting g is the SD version.
I am also a prime member
I really don't know what you mean.
When i pick a movie from the amazon library and start playing it, below it states it is in SD
is there a setting i may have missed?
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14