• 45(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
deanshultz: you can make a playlist.

just select the item you want and press q. This will add them to a playlist you can then go to now playing to play the playlist from any point. It is easy and quick to build playlists in xbmc.

sorry if i didn't respond directly to everyone. I will try to get to it.

anyway i am back to the fringe finale.
First off, Thanks for a great addon! I don't know if this is a skin issue (Aeon Nox) or an Amazon issue, Amazon always defaults to the "BannerPlex view. I select Showcase view and that works just fine until I exit the addon/Amazon and when I relaunch, the view is back to BannerPlex view. I'm thinking this is a skin issueHuh

Thanks
Thanks BlueCop for the great plug-in.

I had some issues getting loading the plug-in and logging onto Amazon. For anyone with similar issues, here is my fix:

I followed forum member ntan's instructions and added demjson from http://deron.meranda.us/python/demjson/ to \resources\lib\.

After that, I installed mechanize-0.2.5.zip. To install mechanize, download the zip from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mechanize/, and copy the 'mechanize' subfolder to C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\site-packages. This seems inelegant, so if anyone knows a cleaner way to install mechanize please let me know.

The script loaded fine; However, it failed to log onto Amazon. It seems that the regex for Amazon's CustomerID is out of date.

Replace the following in lines 138 and 149 of \resources\lib\common.py:
customerId = re.compile('"customerId" : "(.*?)",').findall(data)[0]
with:
customerId = re.compile('"customerID" ?: ?"(.*?)"').findall(data)[0]

Also uploaded the fixed file to pastebin
Govnah: check the views page in the add-on settings. You can customize or disable the default view set.

aip1000: thanks for the tip. I had just committed a fix.

It also updated the databases and should fix the 20 episode limit on the initial scans.

The watchlist add/remove in the plugin is broken. They changed a parameter from customer id to a new token. I will have to update the code.

edit: committed a fix for the watch list changes. You should be able to add and remove to your amazon watchlist via context items again.

edit: I got subtitles support working for amazon videos that support it. It works similarly to hulu by converting their format to srt. I still need to add some setting options to enable/disable it and then I will try to commit it.
Thank you for all the effort you put in to these awesome plugins.
I committed subtitle support for videos that have them available. It is just a universal setting enable or disable.

American Horror Story Season 1 was my test case when writing support. Let me know if there are any problems with other shows or movies with subtitles available. There might be some bugs in the srt conversion code.

There currently isn't a way to know which videos have subtitles available with in XBMC. You can on the amazon site. I am going to look into adding something to indicate subtitles being available. I am going to change the database to add a new field.
Any update on login failed problem?
ZitZ: that problem should be fixed. aip1000 mentioned the problem that was happening above.
Yes, the update solved the login problem. Thanks so much, Bluecop!
Thanks, that did get it working.
(2013-01-02, 04:45)BlueCop Wrote: Ledgerat: Every XBMC build for android I have seen uses a librtmp that is too old. I haven't checked them all. My girlfriend has a nexus 7 and I had to manually update the librtmp to get hulu and amazon working.

Took me forever to find it so I thought I'd share. Amazon working pretty good on my n7 now, but hulu fails to start.

Ty bluecop

librtmp.so
Bluecop, I noticed the plugin can show posters in thumbnail view, but certain skin views are showing blank. s this because xbmcgui does not support the "Art" class used by frodo?

I tried to look into xbmc's plugin documentation but I haven't found anything supporting frodo art. I'm happy to help out implementing this if anyone can point me in the right direction.
will this plugin work if you do not have AMAZON PRIME but you do have videos stored on AMAZON for playing via VIDEO ON DEMAND?
Thank you, Bluecop. Also, your earlier tip on playlists was very helpful. I use it quite often.
It should. I have Amazon Prime, and purchased TV shows stored on Amazon. I even rented a movie, added it to my watchlist and was able to watch it through the plugin.

(2013-01-22, 16:40)ktjensen Wrote: will this plugin work if you do not have AMAZON PRIME but you do have videos stored on AMAZON for playing via VIDEO ON DEMAND?

• 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14