• 50(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
I started adding shows to local library but I get 2 of every episode. Has anyone else had this problem?
(2013-03-14, 19:37)tennisbgc Wrote: I started adding shows to local library but I get 2 of every episode. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sometimes.. it has happened to me before... Refresh the amazon tv files folder.. or go to amazon plug in .. refresh the particular show by actually selecting it...
Or usually that had work in the past for me .. refresh your tv database (amazon) and movie one as well... It will take quite a while!!! Then export your tv Watchlist and movie Watchlist to you library.
Give the whole process some time... On android it helps to restart xbmc after a while .. then the data will be updated and you can scan for new content if it's not configured for auto scan.

Some people using btw an external database (configured through Advancedsettungs.xml.. part of xbmc features..) to have that on all xbmc instances centralized...

I personally have not done this yet.
(2013-03-14, 19:37)tennisbgc Wrote: I started adding shows to local library but I get 2 of every episode. Has anyone else had this problem?

You are probably getting both SD and HD versions.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
thanks for the relies. I'm using an xios and have everything redirected to an sdcard and I think the library scraper is somehow finding 2 directories for the database location. But I just made a custom directory and that fixed it. One other question is there a way for the episodes to use episode images from the tvdb instead of amazon?

I was also thinking it would be kinda nice if the library scraper could add an amazon tag in the info. is there a naming convention that would work for this?
(2013-02-27, 22:52)devoh Wrote: Excited noob here,

Is it possible to get xmbc to download the content for you instead of streaming? Our streaming of it on other devices seems to rebuffer/studder frequently.
It would be cool if there was a way to stream to a file and then play from your library.

Thanks

-Devoh

It can be done with certain programs - but it's not legal. If someone was going to go through the trouble of doing this, they would likely just pirate it anyway. As far as I know the only way is through streaming directly to a file or by capture software - both of these require you to play the entire video all the way through. -A very long process that would waste time.

People have been doing this on Netflix to get the House of Cards series, for example.

If you're experiencing buffer problems - go into the add-on settings and drop the bit rate down some.
As of 2 days ago I can't get MI5 MI-5 to play off Amazon Prime
Other shows seem to work fine.
I tried searching for mi5 and "mi5" on this thread but it's too short a term!

Crud, it appears this is an issue with Amazon Prime and not the plugin. But can you let me know if I am incorrect in this assumption

Here's the error log
Code:
====================AMAZON START====================
17:00:56 T:3764  NOTICE: ATVURL --> url = https://atv-ext.amazon.com/cdp/catalog/Search?firmware=fmw:15-app:1.1.19&deviceTypeID=A2W5AJPLW5Q6YM&deviceID=B3BA4AD6C8C2&format=json&searchString=mi5&OfferGroups=B0043YVHMY&IncludeAll=T&SuppressBlackedoutEST=T&version=2&NumberOfResults=100&StartIndex=0
17:00:56 T:3764   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
17:00:56 T:3764 WARNING: The python script "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
17:00:56 T:3796  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:01:00 T:644   ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '6', '?mode=%22appfeed%22&name=%22%5bSearch%20Suggestions%5d%22&page=%221%22&sitemode=%22SEARCH_SUGGEST_PRIME%22&url=%22mi5%22']
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: common.args
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: {'url': 'mi5', 'sitemode': 'SEARCH_SUGGEST_PRIME', 'mode': 'appfeed', 'name': '[Search Suggestions]', 'page': '1'}
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE:

17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: ATVURL --> url = https://atv-ext.amazon.com/cdp/catalog/GetSearchSuggestions?firmware=fmw:15-app:1.1.19&deviceTypeID=A2W5AJPLW5Q6YM&deviceID=B3BA4AD6C8C2&format=json&query=mi5&version=1
17:01:03 T:644  NOTICE: ATVURL --> url = https://atv-ext.amazon.com/cdp/catalog/Search?firmware=fmw:15-app:1.1.19&deviceTypeID=A2W5AJPLW5Q6YM&deviceID=B3BA4AD6C8C2&format=json&searchString=mi5+season+2&OfferGroups=B0043YVHMY&IncludeAll=T&SuppressBlackedoutEST=T&version=2&NumberOfResults=100&StartIndex=0
17:01:03 T:644   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
17:01:03 T:644 WARNING: The python script "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
17:01:03 T:1140  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
17:01:07 T:3848  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
17:01:07 T:3848  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:01:07 T:3848  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:01:08 T:3848   ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '7', '?mode=%22listtv%22&name=%22Television%22&page=%221%22&sitemode=%22LIST_TV_ROOT%22&url=%22%22']
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE: common.args
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE: {'url': '', 'sitemode': 'LIST_TV_ROOT', 'mode': 'listtv', 'name': 'Television', 'page': '1'}
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE:
| Frodo| Windows7 64b | Acer Aspire Revo 3610 3GB |
| Frodo | PeppermintOS 3 | Dell Dimension 3100 | 2GB |
Is it just me or does resume not work?
Sorry if this one has been asked before, but this thread IS 75 pages...

I add the Bluecop repository, and I see it in my add-ons. I go to it but when I select it, it's empty. The only open I see once I've gone to it is "..".

I've tried removing and readding and still no love.

Am I missing something obvious here?
I have the same problem on Xbian on Raspberry Pi.
Try restarting the machine and then press C (context menu) on the repository and do "force refresh" all the plugins should show up.
I noticed this behaviour since beta version of XBMC.
(2013-03-17, 02:12)p4trykx Wrote: I have the same problem on Xbian on Raspberry Pi.
Try restarting the machine and then press C (context menu) on the repository and do "force refresh" all the plugins should show up.
I noticed this behaviour since beta version of XBMC.

...and that worked perfectly. What a stupidly simple solution to such an annoying problem.

Thanks muchly!
(2013-03-11, 04:16)Rick7C2 Wrote:
(2013-03-10, 05:14)HankHill Wrote: I seem to be having the same issue as was mentioned in post 556, but I never saw if or how that issue was resolved. Movies play from the Amazon plugin, but I get a script error when I try to export to my library. I first tried with Eden on Win 7 64 bit, but the problem was exactly the same after I upgraded to Frodo. Since then, I've done a fresh install of Win 7 and Frodo for other reasons, and I'm still having the exact same problem when I try to export movies to my library. Tried exporting to the default location and to a custom folder.

Here's what I notice in the logs (again, seems to be identical to what was mentioned in post 556):

Code:
13:02:34 T:4876  NOTICE: getURL: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/library/movie?show=all&sort=alpha
13:02:35 T:4876   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
13:02:35 T:4876 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
13:02:35 T:4860  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
13:02:47 T:6000  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:48 T:6000   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B001OGWY1W"']
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: common.args
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B001OGWY1W', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
13:02:48 T:6000  NOTICE:

13:02:48 T:6000   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 98, in EXPORT_MOVIE
                                                SaveFile(strm_file, u, MOVIE_PATH)
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 32, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
13:02:57 T:4224  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
13:02:57 T:4224  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:02:58 T:4224   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '-1', '?mode="xbmclibrary"&sitemode="EXPORT_MOVIE"&asin="B008602KQI"']
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: common.args
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE: {'asin': 'B008602KQI', 'sitemode': 'EXPORT_MOVIE', 'mode': 'xbmclibrary'}
13:02:58 T:4224  NOTICE:

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks

I have the exact same problem here is my log..

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3602 Line 2429

For me this was an issue with the plugin not creating the Movies folder. So in this case you see the following line in the error log:

IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'E:\\Shared\\Amazon\\Movies\\The Dark Knight (2008).strm')

My guess is that you have E:\Shared\Amazon created but you don't have E:\Shared\Amazon\Movies. If you create the Movies directory in the Amazon directory my guess is it will work. Not sure what the TV directory is supposed to be named as I have never saved a TV show but my guess is you will have the same issue there and will just need to check the log to see what directory is expected.
(2013-03-18, 03:07)gurgietrueshot Wrote: For me this was an issue with the plugin not creating the Movies folder. So in this case you see the following line in the error log:

My guess is that you have E:\Shared\Amazon created but you don't have E:\Shared\Amazon\Movies. If you create the Movies directory in the Amazon directory my guess is it will work. Not sure what the TV directory is supposed to be named as I have never saved a TV show but my guess is you will have the same issue there and will just need to check the log to see what directory is expected.

I can't believe I didn't think to try that...

I manually created the Movies directory, and that did the trick. Thanks!
I'm lately having issues with the Amazon plugin. This is the error lug from xbmc.log:

Code:
00:05:35 T:2762011744   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: disk I/O error
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py", line 55, in modes
                                                exec 'sitemodule.%s()' % common.args.sitemode
                                              File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/library.py", line 52, in WATCHLIST_LIST_MOVIES
                                                appfeed.ADD_MOVIE(asin,isPrime=True,inWatchlist=True)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/appfeed.py", line 171, in ADD_MOVIE
                                                movies = moviesDB.lookupMoviedb(addASIN,isPrime=True)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/movies.py", line 68, in lookupMoviedb
                                                p_asin,hd_asin = ASIN_ADD(asin,isPrime)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/movies.py", line 259, in ASIN_ADD
                                                addMoviedb(moviedata)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib/movies.py", line 57, in addMoviedb
                                                c.execute('insert or ignore into movies values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)', moviedata)
                                            OperationalError: disk I/O error
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Also earlier I get the following error:
Code:
00:11:50 T:2763547744   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py
00:11:50 T:2763547744 WARNING: The python script "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.amazon/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
00:11:51 T:2763547744  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
00:12:05 T:2763547744  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

It looks to me as if the writing to the MovieDB SQLite database fails. I tried deleting and recreating my movie database, but this did not fix the issue. I really don't know furher from here and would really appreciate some input.

- Daniel[/code]
(2013-03-16, 01:51)emagin Wrote: As of 2 days ago I can't get MI5 MI-5 to play off Amazon Prime
Other shows seem to work fine.
I tried searching for mi5 and "mi5" on this thread but it's too short a term!

Crud, it appears this is an issue with Amazon Prime and not the plugin. But can you let me know if I am incorrect in this assumption

Here's the error log
Code:
17:00:56 T:3764  NOTICE: ATVURL --> url = https://atv-ext.amazon.com/cdp/catalog/Search?firmware=fmw:15-app:1.1.19&deviceTypeID=A2W5AJPLW5Q6YM&deviceID=B3BA4AD6C8C2&format=json&searchString=mi5&OfferGroups=B0043YVHMY&IncludeAll=T&SuppressBlackedoutEST=T&version=2&NumberOfResults=100&StartIndex=0
17:00:56 T:3764   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
17:00:56 T:3764 WARNING: The python script "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
17:00:56 T:3796  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:01:00 T:644   ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '6', '?mode=%22appfeed%22&name=%22%5bSearch%20Suggestions%5d%22&page=%221%22&sitemode=%22SEARCH_SUGGEST_PRIME%22&url=%22mi5%22']
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: common.args
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: {'url': 'mi5', 'sitemode': 'SEARCH_SUGGEST_PRIME', 'mode': 'appfeed', 'name': '[Search Suggestions]', 'page': '1'}
17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE:

17:01:00 T:644  NOTICE: ATVURL --> url = https://atv-ext.amazon.com/cdp/catalog/GetSearchSuggestions?firmware=fmw:15-app:1.1.19&deviceTypeID=A2W5AJPLW5Q6YM&deviceID=B3BA4AD6C8C2&format=json&query=mi5&version=1
17:01:03 T:644  NOTICE: ATVURL --> url = https://atv-ext.amazon.com/cdp/catalog/Search?firmware=fmw:15-app:1.1.19&deviceTypeID=A2W5AJPLW5Q6YM&deviceID=B3BA4AD6C8C2&format=json&searchString=mi5+season+2&OfferGroups=B0043YVHMY&IncludeAll=T&SuppressBlackedoutEST=T&version=2&NumberOfResults=100&StartIndex=0
17:01:03 T:644   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py
17:01:03 T:644 WARNING: The python script "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: Addon
17:01:03 T:1140  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
17:01:07 T:3848  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
17:01:07 T:3848  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:01:07 T:3848  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:01:08 T:3848   ERROR: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py:23: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
                                              import sha as sha1
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.amazon/', '7', '?mode=%22listtv%22&name=%22Television%22&page=%221%22&sitemode=%22LIST_TV_ROOT%22&url=%22%22']
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE: common.args
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE: {'url': '', 'sitemode': 'LIST_TV_ROOT', 'mode': 'listtv', 'name': 'Television', 'page': '1'}
17:01:08 T:3848  NOTICE:

Did you buy the series? Its no longer a "prime" video.
(2013-03-06, 18:49)joe_sun Wrote: Just tried this out for the first time last night and for some reason I get about 4 seconds of video and then it goes to "pause". I don't have a log yet just wondering if it could be a settings issue?

I don't know if this is your problem, but I get this if I have the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" set to on. When I play a video it switches to 24hz, plays about 4 seconds, then pauses and locks up. When I turn the option to off it plays fine, but in 60hz. Other apps like the Hulu one don't do this.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14