• 68(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon
Indeed you are right. XBMC is an open media platform by itself.

Of course not everybody can share the same likes, however, it is evident that there is huge effort and great results put in this product.
My personal preference is to have XBMC as the front-end for everything. In fact, I even use it to display TV on my TV (as I have an HTPC connected to antenna running nextPVR server and streaming to my TVs). It is damn convenient for me.
Great work indeed...

I would appreciate it therefore if somebody could solve the protection issue with Amazon Prime Addon for XBMC so I am able to also watch Amazon Prime movies from within XBMC.

Kind regards
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread, but I was hoping for some help. I'm looking for the latest instructions on how to get Amazon Prime working with my XMBC install (frodo 12.2). The BlueCop addon is not longer working (and I'm assuming no longer being updated) and I'm somewhat confused by the thread (now 68 pages long) as to what I need to do at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SCF
Buy an Amazon Fire TV and use it as your XBMC box. Amazon added DRM to their streams long ago, there won't be another XBMC Amazon Prime plugin.
Okay, thanks parker. I like your idea but perhaps in the future since I just but a bunch of hardware to get my XMBC up and running. But no matter, I still have a Roku that stream my Prime videos

SCF
doesn anybody know a add on or anything where i can get deadliest catch on kodi ?Rofl
(2014-04-07, 10:59)aderlopas Wrote: Indeed you are right. XBMC is an open media platform by itself.

Of course not everybody can share the same likes, however, it is evident that there is huge effort and great results put in this product.
My personal preference is to have XBMC as the front-end for everything. In fact, I even use it to display TV on my TV (as I have an HTPC connected to antenna running nextPVR server and streaming to my TVs). It is damn convenient for me.
Great work indeed...

I would appreciate it therefore if somebody could solve the protection issue with Amazon Prime Addon for XBMC so I am able to also watch Amazon Prime movies from within XBMC.

Kind regards

(2014-04-14, 19:53)parker Wrote: Buy an Amazon Fire TV and use it as your XBMC box. Amazon added DRM to their streams long ago, there won't be another XBMC Amazon Prime plugin.

(2014-04-14, 20:21)showcasefloyd Wrote: Okay, thanks parker. I like your idea but perhaps in the future since I just but a bunch of hardware to get my XMBC up and running. But no matter, I still have a Roku that stream my Prime videos

SCF

Hmm.. Interesting Smile I guess my next box is a Fire TV Smile
(2014-04-14, 19:53)parker Wrote: Buy an Amazon Fire TV and use it as your XBMC box. Amazon added DRM to their streams long ago, there won't be another XBMC Amazon Prime plugin.

Well, a new one is still being worked on: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215255

But, yeah, Amazon really screwed up with this. Like what was said above, I also use XBMC/Kodi for a front-end for everything. But unfortunately, the Amazon Fire TV is way too limited for that. Sure, I can get my Prime videos easily with it, but just about everything else is either redundant with what is already on Kodi, or pretty useless for me. What I really want to do can only be done with a full PC. That includes games (Steam or otherwise), programs, web browsing, etc. So, for now, I am forced to have to switch between devices/UI's to make full use of my TV. And that's a bad thing for Amazon. If I have to do extra work to get to, and then slog through a horribly inferior UI just to watch their content, I'm more likely to look somewhere else first.

So, hopefully they get the Amazon addon issues figured out so I can have everything in one place again.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon14